Austin Fuller commits to VT today

falcons1

Not trying to be rude at all, but is he walking on or did he get a scholarship (full/etc)? This is very exciting, I'd just like some more information. Thanks

[ QUOTE ]

Is being offered in your junior year rare?

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all. tech has had a jr. linebacker from myrtle beach (bruce taylor) committed since mid-september of '06. to kids from swva, though, full d-1 offers at all are rare.

[ QUOTE ]

now no one can deny it....hes a bigger than Bradshaw was....he still got another year..the boy works hard, very dedicated, great grades, and an all around great guy....CONGRATULATIONS AUSTIN....glad to know ill be watching u at Lane Stadium....i cant wait....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why make this into a Amahd vs. Fuller thread? We've been though this before, and niether side is going to give up. Why not just be happy and proud for Austin and Amahd for what they both have done?

[ QUOTE ]

Is being offered in your junior year rare?

[/ QUOTE ]

Being offered as a junior isn't rare at all. In fact I think that's when most offers are made. Accepting early isn't all that rare either. Most schools have at lease a handful of verbals that haven't started their senior year of high school yet. I think UVA had most of their recruiting done by summer a year or two ago.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

now no one can deny it....hes a bigger than Bradshaw was....he still got another year..the boy works hard, very dedicated, great grades, and an all around great guy....CONGRATULATIONS AUSTIN....glad to know ill be watching u at Lane Stadium....i cant wait....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why make this into a Amahd vs. Fuller thread? We've been though this before, and niether side is going to give up. Why not just be happy and proud for Austin and Amahd for what they both have done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!

Except VT never offered Bradshaw but who cares? Amahad is about to enter the NFL while Austin is about to enter his senior year of high school with his college decision already made. Let's just be happy for both and proud of SWVA

Verbal commitments are great, but it does not keep some programs from recruiting you. For Fuller it takes a lot of the pressure off of him to impress recruiters with a great senior year.

Now he can go out and enjoy the season.

Congratulations to Austin Fuller for selecting VT as HIS CHOICE to play ball in 2008. It says a lot about an athlete when they are in the position to pick and choose the school of their dreams.Talent+Brains+Character will take you far!We'll be cheering for you and the team at the games but more importantly when you pick up that VT diploma!