Top 5 teams in Region IV

region4fan

1) Abingdon - defending champions, #1 until someone beats them

2) Marion - plays Abingdon better than anyone else

3) Bassett - scrappy bunch who plays hard for 80 minutes

4) Martinsville - a program that knows what it takes to make it to states

5) Carroll - young talented team and good coaching = success

im not making any predictions...but we will be up there...like carrollfan said...1st game jitters and two players down will hurt even the best of teams...wait till we play Marion..then you will see...

[ QUOTE ]

1) Abingdon - defending champions, #1 until someone beats them

2) Marion - plays Abingdon better than anyone else

3) Bassett - scrappy bunch who plays hard for 80 minutes

4) Martinsville - a program that knows what it takes to make it to states

5) Carroll - young talented team and good coaching = success

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think Graham will be better this year than last year. We tied Abingdon last year 1-1 and shouldve been 1-0 Graham becasue of a bogus PK called against us. If im not mistaken Carroll is predominantely Seniors and Juniors so i wouldnt exactly say they are a "young" team.

1.Martinsville

2.Abingdon

3.Bassett

4.Marion

5.Carroll Co.

Only reason I dont have Abingdon no. 1 is because they havent played yet but by seein their scrimmages with the Roanoke teams it wont be long until theyre up there if they play like they can. For people wondering why graham isnt here, a 1-0 Richlands win doesnt hold strong compared to wins with Patrick Co. or schools closer to Roanoke. With sayin that I think Graham can get in the top 5 by the end of the season but as of whats happened so far I feel they arent in the top 5.. Carroll is the only team from the SWD that i think deserves to be in there now.. But the season is young, no need to get all mad because ur not in it.. use it as motivation..

Didnt you all beat them in PK's because their best player had to sit out due to a Red Card? Honestly if they wouldve had him i think they wouldve beatin yall..

Its just after one week.. Prove me wrong because its not just based on how everyone finished last year.. Think of returners.. Thats why I think Carroll Co. will be so strong this year..

[ QUOTE ]

ok in no way did you all even come close to beating us last year. the only reason you all tied it was because of a bogus call by Copeland.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham shouldve won that game. The bogus call was when they called a PK against us. Had that not happened you wouldnt have even scored on us.

ok so apparently you want to get technical. the goal graham scored off of in that game came off a set piece given due to a yellow card. this yellow card was given to tyler thompson and the explanation from the referee was something to the effect that he didnt want him to play like he had that thursday. so grahams goal came from a yellow card given for play in a previous game. the pk was a handball in the box. not so bogus in my opinion. but that was last season and so it doesnt really matter.