Everyone is afraid to ask so here goes...................

ArnAnderson

Some of it has to do with Athletic abililty, Carroll does not have the atheles that Salem, Balcksburg or Pulaski have. Tradtion until the 1996 season, Carroll had had like 4 winning seasons in football. Success leads to more success with Coach Hale at the helm look for Carroll to continue to have success. Carroll has had success in other sports as mention by little raskul. Alot of that has had to do with Coaches and Athletes that care more than the other schools in the SWD about those sports Cross County, Volleyball and Girls Basketball.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got an example here for ya Lance... sure we can compete in the SWD but anything outta that (other than richlands football team) like region play in basketball this year you all were the number 1 seed and played the last seed which was a peidmont team bassett and they beat the best bball team in the SWD and they were probly the 3rd best in the peidmont imagine if you had played martinsville or a team like that

I remember a few years back when Grundy won Region IV in football, they beat Fieldale Collinsville, then lost to Liberty Bedford in the next round...Bedford was pretty strong and went on to win state...this was like 4 seasons ago, but just saying...the SWD can compete...yeah it's good to get better...but the way they were talking earlier there was no point in playing the games...and that's the part i have a problem with...Richlands is not a "fluke"...and if they can do it in football year in and year out, then the rest of the SWD can as well...it's more about building a program with the kids you have, and that starts before high school begins. Unfortunatly, the kids in this area for the most part could care less about most of the other sports...you have the big 4 (Football, Basketball, Baseball, Wrestling)...then the second group...track, soccer, vollyball, whatever...then everything else and there are either no team because there is no demand or facilities.

anyway...as Charlie Evans says..."How do you eat an elephant...one bite at a time...mmmmk?" Not that it has anything at all with what we are talking about, but it's 5am and i'm amused by it...so deal.

[ QUOTE ]

I would like to know why the wrestling team is trying to use the football team's motto - Restore the Pride. Could you answer that wavefan09?

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares? That should be the motto for all of the sports.

• 3 weeks later...

grundy will do just fine c'burg was nothin than a bunch of hyped up wussy's that were all talk and they are even less than that now without gardner i dont think grundy has anything to worry about they will still clean up the regions especially now with upcoming freshman like jeremy hurley and tanner m and returning sophomores like ethan owens and jon dotson

dont try and make me laugh they wont stand a chance the region will be to tough for them and they will wish they didnt change over and besides it doesnt matter what happens at regions its all about state and i think grundy will show up for that

[ QUOTE ]

grundy will do just fine c'burg was nothin than a bunch of hyped up wussy's that were all talk and they are even less than that now without gardner i dont think grundy has anything to worry about they will still clean up the regions especially now with upcoming freshman like jeremy hurley and tanner m and returning sophomores like ethan owens and jon dotson

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know Christiansburg will be in Region IV next year right? They will dominate it just like they have dominated the whole state for the past 5 years.

• 2 weeks later...

c-burg has devon carter,state runner up.ian squires,state runner up 2 years ago.drew squires,state champ.andrew clement,state champ.sam rakes,state champ.all of the them are coming back next year. which the best individual grundy wrestler placed was 3rd at states.

[ QUOTE ]

nope. cburg doesn't rebuild; they reload. why? they have one heck of a youth program over there.

i see grundy getting back to being more of themselves, but i honestly don't see any swd teams in any sports being competitive in regional play once the river ridge comes in (except possibly richlands football this season).

[/ QUOTE ]

Grundy has my opinon maybe the brighest furture in VA when it comes to wrestling, as a team they won they state in middle school, tanner m., jermey h., and im thinkin sean v. all won state in middle school while 4 other got 2nd in state and dont forget ethan o. and jon d. who is freshman and did very well at state this year

• 2 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

It is always wrestling season, but forum talk is just that TALK. In March, we will see where we stand... and it will not be like some would post.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice to fill the empty spot on the sign at the edge of town smile.gif