NY Giants coachTom Coughlin's Comments on Ahmad Bradshaw

"Ahmad Bradshaw is a very, very productive running back at Marshall University who caught the ball coming out of the backfield, who ran the ball. He didn’t really return kicks because quite frankly he was a guy that was very busy with the other aspects of his game in terms of being a contributor in both the run and the pass aspect of the game. Again we felt that at this point in time here is a guy who was a style of runner that we perhaps do not have and his production really was like a magnet. We were attracted to that in the seventh round with the compensatory pick. We were happy that a player of his value was still there on the board."

When asked about Bradshaw's character...

Did you investigate the character issues with Ahmad Bradshaw?

"We did and we interviewed him at the combine. We talked to a lot of people. We talked to his Head Coach who gave him a strong endorsement as far as a young man. There were no problems for him."

Ahmad came in to Graham today during my English class with Coach Marrs...he just flung the door open and walked in and hugged Coach and then they went in to Coach's office...someone was with Ahmad...Carp thought it might have been one of Marshall's WR...

I believe that as along as he does whats he supposed to do, works hard, and keeps his nose clean.....Ahmad will make the team.....they need someone to shine at RB since Tiki left......i think the Giants will use the RB by committee approach unless they get a big name RB by trade, FA, or something....Ahmad will get his chance, should make the team but he needs to improve......this aint those C-USA defenses anymore

[ QUOTE ]

I believe that as along as he does whats he supposed to do, works hard, and keeps his nose clean.....Ahmad will make the team.....they need someone to shine at RB since Tiki left......i think the Giants will use the RB by committee approach unless they get a big name RB by trade, FA, or something....Ahmad will get his chance, should make the team but he needs to improve......this aint those C-USA defenses anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor will he be running behind that pitiful Marshall O-line.

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't the Giants get LT's backup? if so he didn't look too bad last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

no all they have is jacobs, droughns, and a couple other guys that arent that good

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's right. Who got Turner then? And where did Jacobs come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they drafted jacobs..he played at auburn at first but transferred b/c of cadillac williams and ronnie brown

Excellent pick by the Giants...A lot of the pigskin gurus are picking Ahmad to be a "change of pace" guy to spell the bigger more physical running backs that the Giants have...Ahmad doesn't have the breakaway speed, but what he does have is the ability to hit the line at full speed....which can enable him to get some big runs...I was watching video of him while at Marshall just the other day and was amazed at just how fast he hit the line of scrimmage...His lateral movement is better than most, too...

I think the Giants will be very pleased, as Coach Couglin said., to get somebody of his caliber that late in the draft....

Hopefully Coughlin has also looked at film from His Freshman year, when he returned kicks and punts.

He also has a chance to stick by playing lights out on Special Teams. The more versatility he shows in camp, the better his chances are.