Rev. Jerry Falwell dies at 73

BigD4VT

[ QUOTE ]

While I am not a big fan of his politics, etc, but when you look at what the man and his institution have done for Lynchburg, you have to tip your cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

falwell was a pompous bigot who once sold out his supposed friends, and the world is a better place without him, despite whatever good he may have brought to lynchburg.

i'm definitely not trying to start an argument, but i can't just sit and read as everyone on this board sings his praises. the man spent his entire life using the christian platform for monetary gain, and that's shameful.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

While I am not a big fan of his politics, etc, but when you look at what the man and his institution have done for Lynchburg, you have to tip your cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

falwell was a pompous bigot who once sold out his supposed friends, and the world is a better place without him, despite whatever good he may have brought to lynchburg.

i'm definitely not trying to start an argument, but i can't just sit and read as everyone on this board sings his praises. the man spent his entire life using the christian platform for monetary gain, and that's shameful.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-men (did anything for a dollar)

you probably have never even heard him preach, he was a man of God, and monetary gain? he made 49,500 dollars a year, thats not a lot (some of these TV preachers spend that much for a hotel room) so know your facts before you say something

Who cares how much money he made? It doesn't matter if you think he did a lot of good, a lot of bad... or a little of both, the man was a significant figure in America for as long as most of us have been alive and he has passed... R.I.P.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

he made 49,500 dollars a year

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on that one...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with Gman on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i googled his salary and found that information in a time article... he mightve got a bit of a raise since then but i'm pretty sure that was a recent article... and bulldog52 it talked about the jets too he doesnt own them himself there like the colleges or whatever and he uses them so he can travel across country and speak in churches or colleges..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on that one...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i googled his salary and found that information in a time article... he mightve got a bit of a raise since then but i'm pretty sure that was a recent article... and bulldog52 it talked about the jets too he doesnt own them himself there like the colleges or whatever and he uses them so he can travel across country and speak in churches or colleges..

[/ QUOTE ]

He OWNS the Church that THOUSANDS of people attend, he OWNS the University that THOUSANDS of people go to, he OWNS everything associated with those two Institutions. You don't OWN those sort of things making only $49,500/year. Odds are, either you or the person who wrote the information forgot a zero, or two, on the end of that figure...

BTW, did any of you know that his family was infamous for bootlegging illegal 'shine back in the day???

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, did any of you know that his family was infamous for bootlegging illegal 'shine back in the day???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but so were the Kennedys, but no one really seems to care about that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on that one...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He OWNS the Church that THOUSANDS of people attend, he OWNS the University that THOUSANDS of people go to, he OWNS everything associated with those two Institutions. You don't OWN those sort of things making only $49,500/year. Odds are, either you or the person who wrote the information forgot a zero, or two, on the end of that figure...

[/ QUOTE ]

no it was in the time magazine archives and it was worded that he ONLY made 49,500 so i didnt forget a zero, I think it's the same way billy graham has all the stuff he has and still makes under 100,000 a year...its like he runs his ministry and has control over the financial decisions but doesnt go to 50,000 dollar a night hotel rooms overnight or buys a 100,000 dollar car or million dollar home (for example benny hinn)