Tough schedules.....

dawgs05

I absolutely comply with that statement. Hahaha, Dawgs05 is the most biased person on this forum.

After saying that, I'm gonna make an argument about the ACC being "top heavy". Are you saying the Big Least isn't top heavy??? They have wvu (who are perennial underachievers), Louisville who came out of nowhere and on the fast track back to that nowhere, and Rutgers.... RUTGERS. Other than that, are you really going to tell me that the rest of the conference can match up with the ACC's 2nd tier teams?? No way.

The toughest conferences go something like this, and it's really not something that can be disputed.

SEC

PAC-10

Big 12

ACC

Big 10

Big Least

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

SEC is by far the best conference in all of college football.

But this past season. its a toss up between the bigeast and acc for second best

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly thought the ACC was the 5th toughest conference last year....only ahead of the Big 12.....the ACC should be tougher this year.....its hard to get any worse...

Sources, I do agree that Washington does play a very tough schedule......they sure didn't back down on the out of conference schedule and plus now all the Pac-10 teams play each other every year.....sucks for Stanford...haha

[/ QUOTE ]

A down year should have been expected considering the ACC set two new NFL draft records in 2006. The most first draft picks from a single conference in a single draft and the most players drafted total from a single conference in a single draft. When you lose that type of talent in one off-season there's going to be a drop off. We'll see what happens as the young talent that was thrown into the fire last season begins to get some seasoning under its belt...

[/ QUOTE ]

In 2005, the ACC was quite horrible....since the merger, the ACC has not at all lived up to the expectations......the ACC is and will always be a very top heavy conference......unless some of the weaker teams move up......no offense to the ACC but the conference was weak before the merger and has been weak since the merger.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ACC could have the best year ever of any conference in history and you, as a Big East fan, would still call them horrible. No offense, but I put zero stock in the opinion of any Big East fan judging the ability of the ACC, especially a WVU fan. Terrorists are more liked in WV than anyone or anything representing the ACC. That doesn't bother me, however, I find the level of hate quite amusing myself. I'm flattered that people of the Big East and WVU spend so much of their trying to hammer the ACC when no one in the ACC could careless about the Big East or WVU...

[/ QUOTE ]

You totally turned the tables......the topic was how crappy the ACC has been, not biased opinions......but i guess if i were defending the ACC i would use any defense mechanism i could to deflect the discussion from the obvious......

BTW, South Florida would probly beat any ACC team and if you still think the Big East is weak....ask any Wake or GT fan about the weakness of the Big East....hahaha....

Guest JJBrickface

[/ QUOTE ]

The ACC could have the best year ever of any conference in history and you, as a Big East fan, would still call them horrible. No offense, but I put zero stock in the opinion of any Big East fan judging the ability of the ACC, especially a WVU fan. Terrorists are more liked in WV than anyone or anything representing the ACC. That doesn't bother me, however, I find the level of hate quite amusing myself. I'm flattered that people of the Big East and WVU spend so much of their trying to hammer the ACC when no one in the ACC could careless about the Big East or WVU...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its hilarious to say that no one in the ACC could care less about the Big East or WVU. To test your statement I went to the techsideline.com message board where you don't even have to scroll down very far to find a thread about the BIG EAST CONFERENCE, scroll a little further and you will find a discussion about WVU. So it looks like your statement is false.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So tell me how Louisville and Rutgers are overrated?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think louisville is but rutgers is because they had a fluke season last year

[/ QUOTE ]

So because a team had a good season its means its a fluke??

So i guess it a fluke down there in grundy that u guys lost all the games last year? Come on give me a break with the fluke!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

no but its rutgers, i mean were not talkin about a known name i mean a team does no go to regular better than average team to bcs caliber and i think everbody well find out this year that rutgers is nothing special

and i never did say it was fluke that grundy did bad this year pal

Guest JJBrickface

[/ QUOTE ]

no but its rutgers, i mean were not talkin about a known name i mean a team does no go to regular better than average team to bcs caliber and i think everbody well find out this year that rutgers is nothing special

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still trying to figure out what you just said.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think louisville is but rutgers is because they had a fluke season last year

[/ QUOTE ]

So i guess it a fluke down there in grundy that u guys lost all the games last year? Come on give me a break with the fluke!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So when V-High beat u guys a week after u thumped them was that a FLUKE?

WVU fans,

Please stop singing the praises of South Florida. They weren't that great and they won't be this year, even with the undeserved ranking. The only reason you sing their praises is because they upset you at home last year and it's easier to go with the 'we were beaten by a great, up and coming team/they're great!' story rather than facing the reality that a sub-mediocre program came in at home and upset you.

Guest JJBrickface

Sources,

South Florida is a fairly new program, they have a good coach, a great backyard for recruiting, and they now have great facilities. They have a young QB who is really good, he can run and throw. I think you need to do a bit more research.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no and did i ever say that? we played horrible that game and the refs were horrible they called two tochdowns back and if you dont believe me then go ask any grundy or va. high fan

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no and did i ever say that? we played horrible that game and the refs were horrible they called two tochdowns back and if you dont believe me then go ask any grundy or va. high fan

[/ QUOTE ]

let it go that was 4 years ago..

[ QUOTE ]

I bet USF could have beat those 2 Florida schools that represent The All Mighty ACC last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't flatter yourself by thinking that because USF beat WVU that they could beat Miami and Florida St...the only Florida schools USF could beat are UCF, FIU, FAU, & FAMU...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I bet USF could have beat those 2 Florida schools that represent The All Mighty ACC last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't flatter yourself by thinking that because USF beat WVU that they could beat Miami and Florida St...the only Florida schools USF could beat are UCF, FIU, FAU, & FAMU...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that they "would" have beat Miami or FSU but I know for damn sure that they "could" have.

Well im sorry i hurt your fellings G-Man. USF is a lot better than both Houston and Nevada, and Miami barely won those games

i guess it hurts to see Big East teams like USF who are on the rise and teams like Miami and FSU on the decline. But dont feel bad your Hookies are the big fish in the pound now.