Tough schedules.....

dawgs05

They both finished 7-6, that means they had winning seasons. They had bad "declining" seasons for their standards. BY NO MEANS would either of these teams lose to a team like USF. It absolutely blows my mind that we are having this conversation. You know what I'm going to do now? Start saying Wake Forest is going to win the national championship.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Well im sorry i hurt your fellings G-Man. USF is a lot better than both Houston and Nevada, and Miami barely won those games

i guess it hurts to see Big East teams like USF who are on the rise and teams like Miami and FSU on the decline. But dont feel bad your Hookies are the big fish in the pound now.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't hurt my feelings, here are the facts...

A "fluke" win over WVU does not make USF a "rising powerhouse"...their overall weak schedule makes them look better than they are...

McNeese State W 41-10 (D1-AA, 7-5)

Florida International W 21-20 (0-12)

UCF W 24-17 (4-8)

Kansas L 13-7 (6-6)

Rutgers L 22-20 (11-2)

Connecticut W 38-16 (4-8)

North Carolina W 37-20 (3-9)

Cincinnati L 23-6 (8-5)

Pittsburgh W 22-12 (6-6)

Syracuse W 27-10 (4-8)

Louisville L 31-8 (12-1)

West Virginia W 24-19 (11-2)

East Carolina W 24-7 (7-6)

They beat two Division 1 teams with "winning" records...WVU, which was an "upset", and East Carolina. The combined record of the D-1 teams they beat was 39-59, a .397 winning percentage...take the upset win vs. WVU away and its 28-57, a .329 winning percentage, or less than one win for every three games they played...

well there schedule doesnt look that bad to me....they played Louisville,Rutgers,and WVU, Cincinnati had a very good team this year and actually played w/ ohio state in what is supposed to be a "tune-up" game for them almost beat them i think although the bucks pulled away at the end. i think there on the rise though but need to consistently win games i mean winning by 1 to FIU and then beating WVU, that doesnt make sense so that says they have the potential but need to play every saturday not just when they play WVU

Why is everyone still making excuses for them??? Are you that pissed off that wvu lost to them that you have to use the "they're a program on the rise" excuse??? They are a terrible team. They will never be able to compete against the big boys GAME IN AND GAME OUT. If they can't do that, then they are not even worth mentioning!!!

Back to the original topic, they do play a tough schedule, well, a tough schedule for the lack of talent that they have. Of course Louisville, wvu, cincinnati, etc are going to be tough. USF (or UCF, i forgot who we're even talking about here) ARE A TERRIBLE TEAM.

Hey, did y'all know Duke's football program is on the rise??? Yeah, that's right. Just wait, they'll take the ACC in a couple of years. WATCH OUT VIRGINIA TECH. Here come the blue devils!!!

I can find several excuses why we lost that game! Slatons injured wrist, White had a bummed ankle, pass coverage was horrible, hell it was a pretty warm day, that went in there favor. The matter of fact is we were outplayed and USF was better that day. But we finished the season strong. And for a team in its 12th year of competition, they have accomplished more than most do in 50 years. And as for Duke be on the rise in the acc it could fairly well happen in the future i mean Wake Forrest won it last year. Thats got to be pretty embarrassing.

[ QUOTE ]

well there schedule doesnt look that bad to me....they played Louisville,Rutgers,and WVU, Cincinnati

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but with the exception of WVU, they lost to all those teams. Look at the teams they did beat...HORRIBLE...with the exception of WVU. Their AD is a firm believer in "scheduling for success"...beat half the teams in your conference and load up the non-conference schedule with cupcakes...

[ QUOTE ]

I can find several excuses why we lost that game! Slatons injured wrist, White had a bummed ankle, pass coverage was horrible, hell it was a pretty warm day, that went in there favor. The matter of fact is we were outplayed and USF was better that day. But we finished the season strong. And for a team in its 12th year of competition, they have accomplished more than most do in 50 years. And as for Duke be on the rise in the acc it could fairly well happen in the future i mean Wake Forrest won it last year. Thats got to be pretty embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slaton and Whites injuries are the ONLY reason USF won that game...had those two been 100%, the score would have been more in line with the USF-Loserville score...for the last time, USF IS NOT A GOOD, "UP AND COMING" TEAM...they will never be able to compete with the Big 3 in Florida...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY!!! With Slaton and White being out, you all were useless. And no, it wasn't too embarrassing for Wake Forest to win the ACC. They played consistent football when they needed to, unlike south florida or even WVU...

Its no point to argue over this cause yall just dont get it. All i have said is USF is a team on the rise not because they beat WVU last year. But because they are starting to become a attractive program and they have a good recruting base. If Wake Forest plays consistent maybe yall should learn a thing or off them.

[ QUOTE ]

Its no point to argue over this cause yall just dont get it. All i have said is USF is a team on the rise not because they beat WVU last year. But because they are starting to become a attractive program and they have a good recruting base. If Wake Forest plays consistent maybe yall should learn a thing or off them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I like how you think you are attacking me personally by saying all this stuff about us learning from WF. And YOU are the one who doesn't get it. You are making the excuse for wvu and saying, to make wvu look better, that usf is a program on the rise. Do you see us making excuses for our loses? You said it yourself. South Florida beat you because Slaton and White were out... ok, legit excuse. Saying that USF has a good program, BAD EXCUSE.

[ QUOTE ]

I know that USF wouldn't stand a chance against Miami or Florida State.

[/ QUOTE ]

USF would smash FSU or Miami of last year.....those two teams were horrible last year...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

USF would smash FSU or Miami of last year.....those two teams were horrible last year...

[/ QUOTE ]

But USF still would not have beaten them...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And so was USF

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And so was USF

[/ QUOTE ]

alrite alrite.....we are all entitled to our opinions on the matter but all i can say is I told you so after the USF-Auburn game this september......i'm not saying USF will win but i guarantee the game will be decided by 10 pts or less

The only way South Florida will ever be a strong program is if they change their name. Seriously, look around the country and see how many directional schools have a prestigious football program. I can only think of one off the top of my head. I know it sounds silly but the best recruits don't go to directional schools.

[ QUOTE ]

The only way South Florida will ever be a strong program is if they change their name. Seriously, look around the country and see how many directional schools have a prestigious football program. I can only think of one off the top of my head. I know it sounds silly but the best recruits don't go to directional schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

is the one you are thinking of USC?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is the one you are thinking of USC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, i believe he means WEST Virginia....haha wink.gifwink.gif