Emo kids...

Lance

[ QUOTE ]

why does it matter if you see "emo" kids or not i don't think you should be judging or pointing people out because of the way they dress or fix there hair....

[/ QUOTE ]

But the reason they dress like this is to be "different" and "special" so then they will stick out and people will notice them...but its funny that they do this to be "different"...but they all look the same! BTW...he wasnt judging them he was asking a question...calling them "emo kids" is not judging them...Hell, they were shirts that say Emo on them...they know they are emo, and they want to be Emo. Everyone needs to lighten up and stop taking offense to every little comment made. It seems that you cant say anything anymore without "hurting" someones "feelings". Get over it!!

[ QUOTE ]

I dont think he's judging them. As a matter of fact some prefer to be called "emo" for reasons i will never understand. While most of them are little rich bratts who just do it to get attention. So they deserve that title

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

i also said pointing them out i didn't know if he was judging them or not i just don't see why he has to make a post about a group of kids just because they listen to punk music and wear there hair in a mohawk or something.... thats like me making a post saying whats with all the rednecks in abingdon they all wear shirts that say "redneck" on them and they all look the same with cowboy boots,wranglers, and a big belt buckle

You think Black clothes and mo-hawks are the farthest extent that "emos" go to?

Lets see, they also, listen to devil worship music (or so they call it), say they hate God and that he doesent exist, Say they'll slit there wrists (and there full of crap, because most are a bunch of poons anyways) Saying how much they wish they would die and how there life sucks. When in reality they probply are better off than most people

The list goes on and on. But like i said, most of them are a bunch of little bratts just begging for attention

[ QUOTE ]

i also said pointing them out i didn't know if he was judging them or not i just don't see why he has to make a post about a group of kids just because they listen to punk music and wear there hair in a mohawk or something.... thats like me making a post saying whats with all the rednecks in abingdon they all wear shirts that say "redneck" on them and they all look the same with cowboy boots,wranglers, and a big belt buckle

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and no one would care! I listen to the Opie and Anthony Show on XM radio every morning, and the other day they were talking about a news station in NY doing a report on the "Redneck Games" that take place in Georgia each year, and the anchors started talking in a Southern/Redneck dialect, and making comments about brothers and sisters getting married. Well, the thing is both of these anchors were black. So, the point Opie and Anthony were making is that if Imus gets fired for the comments that he made, then a set of Black anchors should not be able to say things like that. The only difference is that we dont care! As it should be with anyone...who cares what someone else says? As long as they dont touch you they can not harm you...if you dont like what they have to say then turn the channel. well, that was my rant. It kinda fits with the topic. The moral of the story is...stop being such a baby!

well yes but emo can also be considered like the punk scene and they just dress like that, now the guys that slit there wrists and stuff theres some stupid people that do it to get attention in which case there not emo, but there are people who do this for real and i know some people like that because there in such a bad situation such as being abused or serious stuff like that and they cut themselves and watch them bleed so they know there alive and to "take the pain away"

Sliting wrists takes the pain away? last time i cut myself cutting a apple, im pretty sure i got pain insted of it going away.

Anybody who resorts to slitting there wrists as an act of "making the pain go away" in my opinion should be thrown in a assylum and shouldnt be let out until they change. That slitting the wrist stuff is pure garbage.

I've been through more crap with my family the past 3 years than half of those kids have there entire lives. Ask Beaverbaseball or BluefieldRules and they'll tell you the same.But you dont see my slitting my wrists. Lifes unfair, and those little turds will just have to live with that fact

[ QUOTE ]

BTW: James is obviously emo

Dont you have a wrist slitting appointment at Noon tommorow? better rest up my little buttercup

[/ QUOTE ]

no i'm not emo i listen to punk music like my chemical romance and bands like that so i'm kinda familiar w/ the lifestyle but i know of people who are for real into this slitting wrists and serious stuff like this and its not just for the attention ... oh and at noon tmrw i'm volunteering at the cavalier basketball camp and i'm coaching a little kids team

hey ya'll this is real stuff no lie ummm www.zjam.com its a christian website and its a radio program i listen to w/ christian rock and stuff and they have a thing called a teen hopeline to help these kids i mean some kids are addicted to this its like a drug idk i can't explain it either and it makes no sense to me but its serious stuff

[ QUOTE ]

hey ya'll this is real stuff no lie ummm www.zjam.com its a christian website and its a radio program i listen to w/ christian rock and stuff and they have a thing called a teen hopeline to help these kids i mean some kids are addicted to this its like a drug idk i can't explain it either and it makes no sense to me but its serious stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that these kids need serious help..but at this point it is out of our hands. This should be left up to trained prfesionals...so therefore a question on a message board is not going to bother and "emo" kid who wants to kill themselves...becasue that is what they want is the attention they are getting from a thread like this one.

I just wondered why they were all of the sudden out and running the streets of Abingdon??? I thought perhaps there might be an Emo convention or something...smoke the dope, do the drugs...( i got that from Detroit Rock City...sorry)

I also saw the Red Hat's all wandering out of the Barter the other day...good god it's going to suck getting old...they were just wandering straight out of the Barter in to the street...they had traffic blocked off for like 2 miles or something...they were wearing purple dresses and those red pimp hats...

then there were these old ladies that were wearing all black, no i'm not kidding, and had signs about the war...they were standing at the corner where you turn from main street to go to exit 17...i forget the street name...but, anyway they were all standing there with these signs about the war...

now...i'm not sure why they would do this at the corner of main street and exit 17...or what they were trying to accomplish by doing this...but i just found it a bit strange they would pick that particular place to do this sort of thing? ya know? I guess it was only targeted to last until about 6pm because when i came back a bit later they were long gone...

it's just been some strange things happening out here in A-Town the past few days...must be the new Walgreens they are opening.

[ QUOTE ]

I saw about 5 emo kids today walking thru town in Abingdon...what's up with all the emo kids here lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up is that teenagers in SW Virginia are at least 10-12 years behind the trends in urbanized places. Give the emo kids credit. Giving up disco was probably a heart-wrenching lifestyle choice for them.

I think the "jocks" of the school need to just smach the --- out of them. Show them that is not exceptable. I mean if the parents cant do it the normal kids should. That how it was done in my days. but we have to be PC now.

yeah i don't think the "jocks" need to do anything...that just makes things worse for everyone..."jocks" shouldn't be "jerks" and should try to be leaders by example, not intimidation.

Who cares what someone does with themselves...to each his own....I just found it odd the collective "groups" that are wandering the streets of Abingdon the past few weeks...