mitchell stadium pics 07 28 07

OU81

Wow, that looks great. It would appear they'll be finished with the field itself shortly, definitely by next weekend I'd think. The endzones will look really good once they outline "Bluefield" in the royal blue. Once again, thanks for the pictures. I cannot wait until the 17th when I get to see it in person...

Guest JJBrickface

I really like that. The midfield logo is pretty sweet. A few more upgrades and it will be one hell of a place.

gravel will begin around the field this week im hearing, paving the following week. after that the fence will go in. during that time, all the hash marks, yard numbers, endzone letters, and midfield logo will be glued in. after everything for the field is in place, i think there will be a layer of sand, then the rubber pellets. i believe the bags in the parking lot are the rubber pellets.

Guest JJBrickface

I like it because it signifies the importance of the stadium to Bluefield, WV and VA. I think that it would stick out more and look better if it had a white outline.

[ QUOTE ]

I like it because it signifies the importance of the stadium to Bluefield, WV and VA. I think that it would stick out more and look better if it had a white outline.

[/ QUOTE ]

An outline could very well be in the plans much like the outline of Bluefield in the endzones. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An outline could very well be in the plans much like the outline of Bluefield in the endzones. I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great! Can football season get here fast enough? This will actually be the first Bluefield-Graham game I've been to since my senior year in 2002-2003.

Stadium is looking very nice from the pics that you guys have posted on here, sure it will be top of the line surface to play on..I drove by princeton today and wow that field looks really sharp...guess I love the bright blue color and paw in middle...but what gets me is how well the painted bleachers and new "Hunicutt" letters look on the stadium..great looking facility...If they would upgrade Mitchell's Bleachers and such It would be great...However in my opinion Princeton is one step ahead as of now. Just an opinion. However both places will make great places to play...Team wise I know Graham and Blufield will be better...too bad Princeton cannot place a quality team on their outstanding complex.

Guest JJBrickface

Yeah if the bleachers were painted at Mitchell again then it would look wonderful! Something that I love about it is how its sort of surrounded by mountains so it makes it loud inside.

its gonna be weird for graham to have to play on this i think with bluefield on there endzones not that it will make them play any worse but i think they shouldve had one endzone that has bluefield and the at the other end say graham that woulda been cool....or does another team play here??

[ QUOTE ]

its gonna be weird for graham to have to play on this i think with bluefield on there endzones

[/ QUOTE ]

Why??? It wouldn't make a difference if it said Timbuktu. As mentioned 1000 times, the Stadium is owned by the CITY OF BLUEFIELD...not Bluefield High School, not Graham High School. Putting BLUEFIELD in the endzone was the right thing to do...since it is the name of the CITY that owns the Stadium. Oh, and by the way, Graham is also located in BLUEFIELD...just the town of, not the City of...

A question to ponder...

Does anyone think that with the color scheme (I know a lot of you are calling it Chmara Blue but it looks a bit darker than that to me), putting the word "BLUEFIELD" in the endzones, and having both Virginias in the center of the field with the star on Bluefield...plus the fact that the Shott's are major benefactors of Bluefield College (Shott Hall isn't called "Shott Hall" for nothing)...that this might be the first step of creating a football program at Bluefield College (BC's colors are the same as the field's colors)???