mitchell stadium pics 07 28 07

OU81

[ QUOTE ]

A question to ponder...

Does anyone think that with the color scheme (I know a lot of you are calling it Chmara Blue but it looks a bit darker than that to me), putting the word "BLUEFIELD" in the endzones, and having both Virginias in the center of the field with the star on Bluefield...plus the fact that the Shott's are major benefactors of Bluefield College (Shott Hall isn't called "Shott Hall" for nothing)...that this might be the first step of creating a football program at Bluefield College (BC's colors are the same as the field's colors)???

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, ding. Bluefield College developed a special committee that is and has been in the process of exploring the feasibility of putting together a football team for the school. In my opinion, if they can find a benefactor to help get things started then Bluefield College will have a football team in 2-3 years...

[ QUOTE ]

A question to ponder...

Does anyone think that with the color scheme (I know a lot of you are calling it Chmara Blue but it looks a bit darker than that to me), putting the word "BLUEFIELD" in the endzones, and having both Virginias in the center of the field with the star on Bluefield...plus the fact that the Shott's are major benefactors of Bluefield College (Shott Hall isn't called "Shott Hall" for nothing)...that this might be the first step of creating a football program at Bluefield College (BC's colors are the same as the field's colors)???

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember this being brought up on here a couple months ago.i would like to this happen because it would be good for the community and we would get to watch more FOOTBALL.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

its gonna be weird for graham to have to play on this i think with bluefield on there endzones

[/ QUOTE ]

Why??? It wouldn't make a difference if it said Timbuktu. As mentioned 1000 times, the Stadium is owned by the CITY OF BLUEFIELD...not Bluefield High School, not Graham High School. Putting BLUEFIELD in the endzone was the right thing to do...since it is the name of the CITY that owns the Stadium. Oh, and by the way, Graham is also located in BLUEFIELD...just the town of, not the City of...

[/ QUOTE ]

well like i said it won't affect grahams play and i didn't really know it was owned by bluefield,wv i was just saying that woulda been cool if they had done that if it was possible but i guess it wasn't possible.

if i ever hit the lottery Graham will have a stadium with their name in both endzones.tcsb will never build Graham a stadium like mitchell.i mean Graham needs a new school so bad its pitiful.

Well, its the first time I have been on in a LONG time. But anyway, my opinion of this thing where I think G-Man said that it would be great to see more football in the area, yes that would be great! But is the [censored] still together here? Cause if so wouldn't that put 4 teams playing on the mitchell stadium field? So many possibilities for scheduling problems. Oh and also the little leagues playing on the same field. Well in a since you could see it like this then, you could go up to that field on almost any given night and see a football game. Whether it be little kids, middle school kids, high school teams, College, or semi pro teams. This field is going to be put through so much play, its a good thing that they did put down the turf! And well since I haven't been to a game in a while or been on here in a while I might as well go ahead and say it.. LETS GO G-MEN!!!!

Happened to be in Bluefield this evening, decided to look at the field myself. Not completed yet, but looks like they did a pretty good job.

The front gate was open, so I went out on it and did some sprints. Not much difference between that and a well trimmed grass field. Just a casual observation, but I think the players that it will most benefits are bigger ones. Not having cleates on someone 250 pounds I think makes more of a difference than 160 or 170. I could be proven wrong, but we'll see.

[ QUOTE ]

was it already filled with the sand and rubber pellets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm no expert in field turf, but why would they have the surface done already? Do they put that stuff in with a blower or something?

To be honest you've got me a little curious.

I don't know when they'd put that in myself, but my guess is if you ran on it without the pellets you might not be able to tell how it will be, seems the base of sand and pellets would make your feet more reactive and bouncy, for lack of a different word, it was somewhat a limp surface without when I touched it..

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield College getting a team would put an end to the B-arons I believe...

[/ QUOTE ]

i heard thru the grapevine that the [censored] coach will be bluefield colleges coach.now that is what i heard so take it with a grain of salt peter.lol

I did this months ago with an art program, my idea of blue turf for mitchell stadium, I think blueturf without the alternating shades was to loud, this I liked though, but that's just me, and it's a moot point at this point anyhow.

l_ff269ee5d67729631270492ac73ccfbb.gif

when i took pictures last saturday, all the turf was down but all the "cut ins" were being done.... hash marks, numbers, letters in the end zone, midfield logo... this tedious part will take some time. not till all the field is done will the pellets be added. when the pellets are in place there will be about 1" or so of turf. if you walk on it now youre not on the finished product.

They put the black rubber pellots into the turf with a machine that looks like a salt spreader for roads.

They will go end zone to end zone 1st, then roll it, then go side to side and roll it again.

Lastly after all the rubber is in the turf, they will take a machine with about 10 brushes on it an brush everything in for about three days.

The best thing that can happen after the rubber is in the turf is get a good hard rain for about a day, to help everything settle down.