SWVAFOOTBALL.COM PRESEASON SWEET 16...#1-#4

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

I had my doubts about Terrell before the jamboree. I was pleasantly impressed with how he looked, plus a bit relieved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not disagreeing with you but from the Norton and Kelly people I have talked to they say that Lebanon is a 1 man show on O and if you stop Musich(sp?) you shut down Lebanon. The guys I am hearing this from have been good sources in the past so what did you see in the Jamboree that made you feel better?

Regarding Bluefield and Graham, I think Bluefield is rated a little high and Graham a little low. However, it is a preseason poll. Kinda like the preseason poll in college fotball. You never really know for several weeks. Based on what I saw Friday, GW-Wythe is a little overrated.

[ QUOTE ]

<u>2007 SWVAFOOTBALL.COM PRESEASON SWEET 16</u>

1 - Richlands

2 - Salem

3 - Blacksburg

4 - Bluefield

5 - Giles

6 - Hidden Valley

7 - Bassett

8 - George Wythe

9 - Martinsville

10 - J.I. Burton

11 - Graham

12 - Clintwood

13 - Virginia

14 - Powell Valley

15 - James Monroe

16 - Gate City

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious to see how good Blacksburg truly is this season....My understanding is that they return a ton of players and I know they were pretty good last year.....although not, as many Graham fans have stated, the best team Graham played last year.....they lost to Giles the week before they played Graham and beat William Fleming in double overtime the week after playing Graham....also just barely beat a mediocre Northside team (17-12) and lost by 10 at Hidden Valley.......my take on last year's Blacksburg team is that they were loaded with young talent who did not know how to play with intensity every week...perhaps with a year of maturity they may be the best team in the region...should be a fun team to watch in 2007

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

<u>2007 SWVAFOOTBALL.COM PRESEASON SWEET 16</u>

1 - Richlands

2 - Salem

3 - Blacksburg

4 - Bluefield

5 - Giles

6 - Hidden Valley

7 - Bassett

8 - George Wythe

9 - Martinsville

10 - J.I. Burton

11 - Graham

12 - Clintwood

13 - Virginia

14 - Powell Valley

15 - James Monroe

16 - Gate City

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious to see how good Blacksburg truly is this season....My understanding is that they return a ton of players and I know they were pretty good last year.....although not, as many Graham fans have stated, the best team Graham played last year.....they lost to Giles the week before they played Graham and beat William Fleming in double overtime the week after playing Graham....also just barely beat a mediocre Northside team (17-12) and lost by 10 at Hidden Valley.......my take on last year's Blacksburg team is that they were loaded with young talent who did not know how to play with intensity every week...perhaps with a year of maturity they may be the best team in the region...should be a fun team to watch in 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

Blacksburg had some injuries last year too. Their QB Trey Gresh was out for a few games...he's the best QB in SWVA. The game against Hidden Valley was played in sloppy conditions so their passing game was ineffective plus they lost their starting RB to an ankle injury early in the game and was out the rest of the season. Dave Crist will have those boys ready for anyone this season...as long as they stay healthy...