Results from Concord????????

VivaFutbol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it takes a great team and its hard to repeat.Richlands will have a bullseye on them this year and believe me every team they face will bring their a game.i still say they are the team to beat,but they are not the team they were the past 2 seasons.i think it will be hard for them to win the SWD this year.

Bassett's number one's ran 62 plays and scored 5 times.

Graham (30 plays), Richlands (10 plays) and GW (10 plays and one score).

BigD4VT is correct in that Richlands did not score on Bassett, and neither did Graham.

It's OK, I know that most of you do not want to give someone from our area much if any credit. It was the first scrimmage for everyone, and the only thing that matters is what happens during the course of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

it takes a great team and its hard to repeat.Richlands will have a bullseye on them this year and believe me every team they face will bring their a game. ... i think it will be hard for them to win the SWD this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes this year any different than last year? ONE more win ??? not hardly.

[ QUOTE ]

BigD4VT is correct in that Richlands did not score on Bassett, and neither did Graham.

It's OK, I know that most of you do not want to give someone from our area much if any credit. It was the first scrimmage for everyone, and the only thing that matters is what happens during the course of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes we did score on bassett

No you did not, got stopped on the 5 yard line on last play one series, and fumbled inside the 15 on another series. I think that you have your teams mixed up. I have watched the game film from all the teams and the only score on Bassett came from George Wythe. Graham did not even score on Bassett's subs, sorry. 40 total plays, no scores.

Again, BigDVT and myself are correct. Proof is on film.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes we did score on bassett

[/ QUOTE ]

dont pay any attention to these Graham dislikers 32 i know we scored and so does anyone who was watching.it was confusing with 2 games going at once.and its funny that the ones who said we didnt score are the ones with camers held to their face.so its really not worth arguing about jee wizz.that was a nice TD run 32 id like to see you do that about 25 more times this year.good luck

Well it's all understandable now. Since we are all "Graham dislikers" I just made this fact up. I'm sorry, you are right, Graham was very dominant at this scrimmage..... now do you feel better?

In all seriousness, from what I have heard from everyone at Bassett, they really enjoyed the competition that went on at Concord and I wish all the teams that particpated the best this season.

By the way, no I am not the one with the camera in my face.... just a big Bengal fan.

I've also been paying attention to this board for the last 3 1/2 years, and very rarely has anyone given Bassett any credit for the last 3 seasons. There are a lot of people from our area who pay attention to this message board, they just choose not to respond. I personally like the tradition of hard nosed football that your area has a reputation of, I just think it would be nice for some of you to acknowledge that some of the teams from our area (Piedmont) are really not as bad as some of you would like to portray us.

Did we play our best at the scrimmage, definately not, but were we one of the better teams on that day there, you would have to say so.... if you were honest.

i know man but you just cant tell SOME people that.its like they just wont except it.its just a scrimmage you know.believe me they gonna get scored on a whole lot more before the seasons finished.

[ QUOTE ]

No you did not, got stopped on the 5 yard line on last play one series, and fumbled inside the 15 on another series. I think that you have your teams mixed up. I have watched the game film from all the teams and the only score on Bassett came from George Wythe. Graham did not even score on Bassett's subs, sorry. 40 total plays, no scores.

Again, BigDVT and myself are correct. Proof is on film.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah..i dont think you guys were watchin..but i seen #1 dom lane score..but thats just me

I think you need to change the name of this site to the Graham Fans "hot air" message board. You guys surely live up to your reputation..... pompous. Look out Richlands, Carroll County, Tazewell, Abingdon, and Grundy.... you guys don't stand a chance against the mighty G-Men this year......... You guys have a propensity to see things one sided, even when those events don't even occur.

I have to give the people of Richlands and Carroll County their props and my respect. We have played these teams the past three seasons, and their teams and FANS have shown us nothing but respect....... maybe you guys should take note, then you may get some respect shown in return.

By the way, other than your MIGHTY football team, what has ever come out of Graham...... other than Bradshaw (don't make me even go there)?

PS This doesn't go out to all Graham fans, just the select few on this board who think they can get their jollies by trashing other programs on this message board.

[ QUOTE ]

i know man but you just cant tell SOME people that.its like they just wont except it.its just a scrimmage you know.believe me they gonna get scored on a whole lot more before the seasons finished.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, that is the most intelligent thing that you guys have put up on this topic. Did I say that the Bassett defense would not get scored on this season, NO. Did I say that Graham did not score on our defense at the scrimmage, yes. The fact is, you guys can't take the fact that we kept you out of the endzone...... it's OK to accept facts..... that's life.

i come from Graham and im playing soccer in college...haha....but seriously...why do you get soooooo worked up if you know its not true??? why do you get so bent out of shape...i think its so funny...you let the certain fans get to you and you just cant let it go...its online..it means nothing..its all opinions on here with few facts....get over it ProudBengal...they can say what they want when they want (as long as its clean) thats what this board is for...

Not as worked up as you might think, and definately not bent out of shape. If someone were dissing a program that you were fond of, would you not at least mix it up a little with them?????

I love this kind of stuff, it brings back my old controversial days. There should not be anything wrong with me standing up for the school I pull for, I believe that is called school pride.

Yes that is true that they are allowed to say whatever they want on this board but how come whenever another memeber mentions there team other than the g-men they get ridiculed

by the same members every time. Its ashame these members have turned a board that i loved to come and read the news and updates for every team in the area to a board where if your not from graham then you shouldnt even be on the board.

[ QUOTE ]

i come from Graham and im playing soccer in college...haha

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't hold the soccer thing against you (haha), I'm glad that you are getting an education and at the same time playing a sport in college.

[ QUOTE ]

I think you need to change the name of this site to the Graham Fans "hot air" message board. You guys surely live up to your reputation..... pompous. Look out Richlands, Carroll County, Tazewell, Abingdon, and Grundy.... you guys don't stand a chance against the mighty G-Men this year......... You guys have a propensity to see things one sided, even when those events don't even occur.

I have to give the people of Richlands and Carroll County their props and my respect. We have played these teams the past three seasons, and their teams and FANS have shown us nothing but respect....... maybe you guys should take note, then you may get some respect shown in return.

By the way, other than your MIGHTY football team, what has ever come out of Graham...... other than Bradshaw (don't make me even go there)?

PS This doesn't go out to all Graham fans, just the select few on this board who think they can get their jollies by trashing other programs on this message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me ALL the schools have fans like this...some more than others, and some more ignorant than others...but they all have them. Richlands, Tazewell, and Bluefield have all, at some time or another, had fans come on here and talk a bunch of crap and make themselves look stupid.

Believe me, I know that every school has those types present. We have quite a few at Bassett and there are a lot around the Piedmont District Schools. It just seems that those I'm referring to in particular have been doing a lot lately.