Results from Concord????????

VivaFutbol

I'm here to give the Bengals their props for this year. In the Piedmont I don't think they will be challenged this year. Mavahi,Tunstall and PC don't have enough horses to hang with BHS and this is the worst team ever at Magna Vista.(Believe me on that,I've seen them all since '88) No matter how the Bengals fare in the non-district games,they will be in the playoffs solely on the fact that they will win the district,and they should do it in convincing fashion also!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Believe me, I know that every school has those types present. We have quite a few at Bassett and there are a lot around the Piedmont District Schools. It just seems that those I'm referring to in particular have been doing a lot lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it might be something in the water up the Bluefield way. Because just a few days ago it was the BHS fans that were doing the same sort of thing...They wouldnt let anyone say anything good about their team without flaming them. But like I said every team has them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Believe me, I know that every school has those types present. We have quite a few at Bassett and there are a lot around the Piedmont District Schools. It just seems that those I'm referring to in particular have been doing a lot lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it might be something in the water up the Bluefield way. Because just a few days ago it was the BHS fans that were doing the same sort of thing...They wouldnt let anyone say anything good about their team without flaming them. But like I said every team has them.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the HEAT, man...we aren't used to it up here in "Nature's Air Conditioned City"...

[ QUOTE ]

I think you need to change the name of this site to the Graham Fans "hot air" message board. You guys surely live up to your reputation..... pompous. Look out Richlands, Carroll County, Tazewell, Abingdon, and Grundy.... you guys don't stand a chance against the mighty G-Men this year......... You guys have a propensity to see things one sided, even when those events don't even occur.

I have to give the people of Richlands and Carroll County their props and my respect. We have played these teams the past three seasons, and their teams and FANS have shown us nothing but respect....... maybe you guys should take note, then you may get some respect shown in return.

By the way, other than your MIGHTY football team, what has ever come out of Graham...... other than Bradshaw (don't make me even go there)?

PS This doesn't go out to all Graham fans, just the select few on this board who think they can get their jollies by trashing other programs on this message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is someone talking from the football powerhouse of Bassett talking.LOL. Dude, win something before you run your mouth, and your crappy little district doesn't count. You are talking to the big boys in the SWD, where there have been 8 state titles won by our teams. Have you guys even made it to a championship game? Didn't think so, now go away....

[ QUOTE ]

Well it's all understandable now. Since we are all "Graham dislikers" I just made this fact up. I'm sorry, you are right, Graham was very dominant at this scrimmage..... now do you feel better?

In all seriousness, from what I have heard from everyone at Bassett, they really enjoyed the competition that went on at Concord and I wish all the teams that particpated the best this season.

By the way, no I am not the one with the camera in my face.... just a big Bengal fan.

I've also been paying attention to this board for the last 3 1/2 years, and very rarely has anyone given Bassett any credit for the last 3 seasons. There are a lot of people from our area who pay attention to this message board, they just choose not to respond. I personally like the tradition of hard nosed football that your area has a reputation of, I just think it would be nice for some of you to acknowledge that some of the teams from our area (Piedmont) are really not as bad as some of you would like to portray us.

Did we play our best at the scrimmage, definately not, but were we one of the better teams on that day there, you would have to say so.... if you were honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Basset's problem of not being mentioned, simply comes from it's geographic location. Personally, I acknowledge that Bassett has fielded some very good teams since consolidating, and I am sure that they will be a challenge to anyone that they may face. As far as credit, I don't think overall that Bassett is disrespected by MOST posters. It's just a lot of us don't know a lot about them, because we don't get to see them play, and there are fewer fans from the area actively posting on the message board. Bassett shares the same fate as Carroll County. I for one am ashamed to say that even though they are in the same district as Richlands, I don't know much about them until they play the same competition.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

"""Doesn't sound like Cole being gone was much of a factor with Graham."""

Where is Cole?

[ QUOTE ]

I think you need to change the name of this site to the Graham Fans "hot air" message board. You guys surely live up to your reputation..... pompous. Look out Richlands, Carroll County, Tazewell, Abingdon, and Grundy.... you guys don't stand a chance against the mighty G-Men this year......... You guys have a propensity to see things one sided, even when those events don't even occur.

I have to give the people of Richlands and Carroll County their props and my respect. We have played these teams the past three seasons, and their teams and FANS have shown us nothing but respect....... maybe you guys should take note, then you may get some respect shown in return.

By the way, other than your MIGHTY football team, what has ever come out of Graham...... other than Bradshaw (don't make me even go there)?

PS This doesn't go out to all Graham fans, just the select few on this board who think they can get their jollies by trashing other programs on this message board.

[/ QUOTE ]You just need to get off this board because your making your self look like a "Jackass", and we did score on bassett the 2nd time we played them.

[/ QUOTE ]You just need to get off this board because your making your self look like a "Jackass", and we did score on bassett the 2nd time we played them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, you scored 6 times and your team was so "dominate" (is that what you want to hear). As for the other comment, you see that's where you are wrong. Normal people don't mind making themselves look like a "jackass" every now and then, we just have to work a little harder than you do.... it seems to come too easy for you.

Besides, last time I checked it was an open message board. I think I'll stay on a little longer to keep rufflin your feathers.

[/ QUOTE ] And this is someone talking from the football powerhouse of Bassett talking.LOL. Dude, win something before you run your mouth, and your crappy little district doesn't count. You are talking to the big boys in the SWD, where there have been 8 state titles won by our teams. Have you guys even made it to a championship game? Didn't think so, now go away....

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly the attitude that I was referring to. Yes we have been beaten in the State Semi's the last 2 seasons by the eventual state champs (Salem and Amherst), and I dare say that if you would have played either of those teams your team would have suffered the same fate as us, probably worse.

If I remember correctly, (Martinsville) a "scrub Piedmont District" team as you refer to teams from our area beat your Mighty G-Men at Graham last year.....

That's probably another fact that you have trouble admiting to........

[ QUOTE ]

I'm here to give the Bengals their props for this year. In the Piedmont I don't think they will be challenged this year. Mavahi,Tunstall and PC don't have enough horses to hang with BHS and this is the worst team ever at Magna Vista.(Believe me on that,I've seen them all since '88) No matter how the Bengals fare in the non-district games,they will be in the playoffs solely on the fact that they will win the district,and they should do it in convincing fashion also!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

PDfan, I appreciate your props, but you know as well as I do, anything can and will happen in our district. Who would have thought going into the Martinsville game last year, that we would have returned to the State Semi's. I wouldn't have given us a chance to even have a share of the district title.

I know that Patrick County returns a lot of weapons (Zehnder healthy again), Tunstall returns a lot, Martinsville with the new coach and system, and with all the adversity that the young men and staff at Magna Vista are going through right now, anything can happen by weeks 8-10.

I think when we show up to play and do what we are capable of doing, we can match up with most teams on our schedule. You are right, our non-district schedule is going to challenge us to say the least.

The only person that says whether or not someone should leave this board is, well...ME.

Proud Bengal...I appreciate your posts and ask that you continue to post here and keep us updated on Bassett and the rest of the Piedmont teams...invite your friends to join in as well.

Thanks.

Personally, I think the game between Richlands and Bassett in 2004 was a classic and 2 of the 3 games against Magna Vista were two of the most memorable games I've ever seen.

For the Concord scrimmage, I think most people felt Bassett was the best team that day. They are big and strong and I think they will literally run over some people this year.