No support for the Pocahontas Indians

schoolteacher

Once the prison is finished, and the crowds don't move in; once the Big Branch road is finished, and Abbs Valley and Boissevain are 20 minutes from GHS,,maybe then the excuses will end?

That may be true. But wouldn't a person with those kinds of needs, have to inform a employer if that is the case. Expecically if it is in food service? I do understand that ya know special needs kids can have that problem and I am not looking down on them. But like I said from what I understand this kid wasn't. He just really did not know how to spell or make complete sentences. I could be wrong, he may be, but also in my defense I believe I knew which one he was and I knew him specifically and know for a fact that he isn't a special needs kid.

Yes, I agree that he should have informed his employer. Also, I had the pleasure of teaching at POCY for 2 years and got to know most if not all of the kids there and there some very smart kids there. My last year there "ALL" ofMr. Mcgraw's English students passed their SOL's so I guess there is only place for his students to go and that is down because you can't get any higher than a 100% passing rate. There are some very good teachers there and they try their best to help those kids. As for the Athletes I'm willing to bet that (and I know that this is only 1) Brandon Pauley could play for ANY school in the area. There may be a FEW more but what's the point in naming them when people will still get on here and count and say okay that's only 5 or 6, but to them that is alot.

Mister I hate to tell you, but I teach kids from all the high scools in the county and Pocy students are one of my favorites. At the beging of the year I can't wait to see how many Pocy kids I'm going to have.

My point about accredidation is that at Pocahontas every kid needs to pass for us to get it, and that means we need to stress it alot more than other schools. The teachers aren't making us learn, we just know that if we don't, then we won't have a school left.

And every town has it's bad spots. Just pointing out one in Pocahontas isn't much. Even I have rode through the park up in Bluefield before, so it's not like bad stuff just goes on in the town of Pocahontas.

But I didn't take your statement as a shot towards me. I'm just saying you shouldn't base your whole opinion of a group of people on one person. Every community has one or two people who are less intelligent than the others. My stepfather has told me about a guy that went to Richlands when he went to school that was a very good football and basketball player and couldn't read at all and graduated high school. Some people just like to take care of thier own.

[ QUOTE ]

Back on the Indians. Who is on the coaching staff there this year?

[/ QUOTE ]Our head coach is Scott Louthan, and assistants are Travis Roberts,Mike Catron,Randy Mullens,Aaron Thompson,& Justin Gilbert. That's who have been there dedicating time out of thier own schedules everyday to coach us, so why tell them that they can't?

I know three of those guys. Tons of respect for the Louthans. His dad had the chance to wear me out twice. Once when I locked him out of a 7th. grade science class, and another when we were getting ready to say the prayer before a middle school game at Tazewell. He dropped to a knee in front of me, and I conked his head with my helmet as I took it off. He is on my top 10 list of all time humans.

First off lol to Sandman, and your right every town does have their own bad sides (I will admit I hate alot of what goes on down at the park in bluefield) After hearing a little bit about what has gone on for some teams players, meaning coachs playing favorites, I understand how alot of school will basically play favorites with some players and basically push them through life, but it won't usually help once you get out of high school. But again like I said before and I hold strong to it. I do know people from Pocy that are not bad as I spoke of, but there are some that I just can't believe how bad off they are. Oh and yeah I knew a few of them coachs for Pocy, Mike Catron is one specifically. But yeah I mean good luck to the Indians.

OH NO....we've been found out. CRAZY "wascals" in the western end of TAZ CO.

I HEARD....(you know that hearsay is the best source of truth), that BUNCH down there according to the Enquirer, Star and Entertainment Tonight, IS......are you waiting ....talking about trying to change the county name to RICHLANDS!!!! HAVE YOU EVER?????? Maybe even trying to (under the table, of course) absorb all the high schools into a consolidated County high school....what audacity.... and call it of all names, RICHLANDS County High School.

Not only that ....possibly even absorbing Russell and Buchanan Counties. The nerve!!!!!

MY POINT, to the above craziness, is "hearsay" is just that....it causes peoples mailboxes to fill up.

[ QUOTE ]

OH NO....we've been found out. CRAZY "wascals" in the western end of TAZ CO.

I HEARD....(you know that hearsay is the best source of truth), that BUNCH down there according to the Enquirer, Star and Entertainment Tonight, IS......are you waiting ....talking about trying to change the county name to RICHLANDS!!!! HAVE YOU EVER?????? Maybe even trying to (under the table, of course) absorb all the high schools into a consolidated County high school....what audacity.... and call it of all names, RICHLANDS County High School.

Not only that ....possibly even absorbing Russell and Buchanan Counties. The nerve!!!!!

MY POINT, to the above craziness, is "hearsay" is just that....it causes peoples mailboxes to fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Thats fuuny, and the truth. Couldnt have said it better myself.

When I say "I hear" or "I heard" normally these are coming from reliable sources that were there when it happened, and like hearing how certain players in the past (not naming names) have been arrested, then certain coaches in the area coming and bailing them out. I played on a team that had players like this and I personally did not know about it until now about 4 years later. I was just pointing out that I didn't know that this kind of stuff went on. I have been saying the words of hearing these things because I do not feel the need to say names or whatever. But when I have found this stuff out trust me, they are very reliable sources who would not lie about stuff like this. So thank ya.

when are they going to close it?ive read all this stuff but nobody has given a year,month,or day yet.has the tcsb even made a for sure decision on this closing yet?i read some of the stuff in this thread and most of you got off the topic and started bashing other schools.lets just solve it all and combine all tazewell county schools and have one huge school and win state every year and everyone lives happily ever after.lol