2007 SWD Predictions

bandsucks

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

I know it's way early but what players will stand out and will anyone give Richlands any competiton? Maybe Abingdon being new in the district this year aren't they?

[/ QUOTE ]

With the Riverridge now in IV it will be a big up hill battle for anybody else to win the region the Riverridge teams will dominate

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it goes that way, but it could be Richlands and then Abingdon. Is Tim Graham still at Richlands? He was my coach when I played at Abingdon. Great coach. He took Abingdon to state a couple of times and was always battling it out with Va. High every year for district.

the good folks at abingdon ran tim off about 5 years ago. he had an opportunity to return to coach at j.j. kelly when mack shupe left, but shupe talked him out of it, said there was no talent. tim's coaching in myrtle beach now, he's a quality guy.

[ QUOTE ]

the good folks at abingdon ran tim off about 5 years ago. he had an opportunity to return to coach at j.j. kelly when mack shupe left, but shupe talked him out of it, said there was no talent. tim's coaching in myrtle beach now, he's a quality guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated in 98. I think he was there a year or 2 after that and left. I didn't ever figure out what happened with that whole deal. As a coach and person, he was an awesome guy and loved playing for him. Thanks for the update.

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon will definitely give Richlands competition this year. They did last year. Carroll will be strong I expect. Tazewell will hold their own. Graham, Grundy, and Marion will battle for 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham will be number one in the SWD.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon will definitely give Richlands competition this year. They did last year. Carroll will be strong I expect. Tazewell will hold their own. Graham, Grundy, and Marion will battle for 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham will be number one in the SWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt it. the coaching situation at graham is also up in arms. Graham also lost a good group of players...

Abingdon in Softball and Baseball. I seriously doubt that the all region team will be like it was last year in SB. Since the Highlands folded the SW coaches wont have the monopoly on picking their own players this coming year like they did last year.

Yep they do have some talented kids,,,, but last year Carroll Co, & Tazewell softball programs both laid down at the end of the year. True Tazewell beat Va High, but when the rematch occurred they got beat by a freshman pitcher. The last comment wasnt a slight towards her, she did beat all the Virginia teams with the exception of Tunstill. Same goes for Carroll Co. When they played in the Regions, they laid down as well. Richlands was the only team that had a chance of going up the road. Abingdon on the other hand had their first winning season. They return the majority of starters and the majority of starters were under classman. I only see them getting much better.

• 4 months later...

What about Tazewell? They always have a strong program and it will be the same this year. I understand that Richlands is competitive but why are they being randked above Tazewell. I have respect for Richlands but they haven't won the SWD in 4 years. But i'm sure they will be competitive once again and Abingdon should be strong. This year should be very competitive for Abingdon, Richlands and Tazewell.

[ QUOTE ]

What about Tazewell? They always have a strong program and it will be the same this year. I understand that Richlands is competitive but why are they being randked above Tazewell. I have respect for Richlands but they haven't won the SWD in 4 years. But i'm sure they will be competitive once again and Abingdon should be strong. This year should be very competitive for Abingdon, Richlands and Tazewell.

[/ QUOTE ]

richlands has won the district back to back years there bro