Christianity 101

BLU

Guest JJBrickface

Tom, the way I look at things such as suffering is that if everything was perfect then faith can't be tested. It may explain why "bad things always happen to good people." It does seem like that is the way it goes a lot of time. The way I have always looked at it is that its better to serve God here on earth because we are only here temporarily. I want to go to heaven and not hell because that is for eternity. The avg. age of life is around 80 years old, 80 years compared to forever kind of puts it in perspective for me.

[ QUOTE ]

and what if you're agnostic, such as myself??

If you KNOW you're agnostic, you're not.

If you think you MIGHT be agnostic, you might actually be one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that like being an alcoholic?

"I know that I'm not an alcoholic, because the first step is denial."

- Anon

Tom, there have been some wonderful testimonies on this thread to you and I have to agree you are searching for answers. Each one of the posters shared their experience about what God means to them and what he has done for them. Let me share something with you that lets me know God is drawing you. Friday afternoon, I was headed up to Richlands to watch the game and I just happened to get on this thread before I left home. You were on my mind and I was praying for you. Had my radio on a Christian station and this song by Vince Gill came on "Tell Me One More Time About Jesus". Tom, as I was listening to this song it basically was telling what you had posted on your original post how you had a preacher friend who shared with you the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was so amazed to hear the words of that song. It could be your testimony. I challenge you to read the Bible and let God speak to you himself through his word. It is the most accurate roadmap a person could ever need or follow!!!

even better than that read the book of Job in the bible....i know you might not want to and thats fine if you don't but its not really a preaching book its a story about a man who lost everything he had his kids, money, animals, friends, even his wife told him to deny God after all had happened. but he didn't he believed God had ultimate control and in the end was rewarded with twice of everything that he had lost. in the book he is looking for answers and finds them