patrick county at carrol county

zack

is this a must win for the cavaliers to make the playoffs? patrick county expects to be pretty good!not as good as bassett but could contend for division 3 playoffs.bassett, on the other hand expects to contend for region, if not state title. william byrd, i believe is a very good team, which carrol will have problems with. they return 18 starters and are always well-coached!i believe carrol will be tazewell and grayson,so if they dont be patrick or william byrd and possibly both, they will be hard pressed to win a playoff position. i know its early, but by all indications bassett will win the piedmont district, thereby getting automatic bid. magna vista expects a rebuilding year, which we will find out something about this week when magna vista plays heritage from the seminole.abingdon is the only other division 4 team thats not in the river ridge.this situation could possibly leave 3 bids among blacksburg,salem, pulaski,christiansburg and hidden valley!

Patrick beats Carroll by 2 tds. I also think Grayson beats Carroll. I give Carroll 2 wins. Grundy and Tazwell. Anything other than that will be a success. Patrick is not that far behind Bassett in my opinion. From now on, if you do not win your district, you must be at least 8-2 to get in the D4 playoffs in region IV. Blacksburg, Salem, Bassett, and 1 of C-burg, Pulaski or HV will make up the d4 playoffs this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Patrick beats Carroll by 2 tds. I also think Grayson beats Carroll. I give Carroll 2 wins.

[/ QUOTE ]Since Patrick travels to Carroll Co. I believe Carroll Co. will rebound and win this one by a TD. Is Bassett that good or is Carroll supposed to be having a down year this time around. I was surprised by Bassett winning 41 to 6.

Bassett i believe is that good they got everything a do everything QB, 2 good rb's, a 6'5 receiver for God sakes so i think we'll rebound this week and by the way i watched richlands play bassett on film and richlands is supposed to have that almighty defense, bassett flat out did whatever they wanted against them on defense and offense richlands fans who were there if you don't agree w/ me idk what you were watching in 5 plays bassett had 2 scores already one on a long run by the QB i think and another pass to that 6'5 reciever richlands couldn't do anything on offense either from what i watched of it...

[ QUOTE ]

by the way i watched richlands play bassett on film and richlands is supposed to have that almighty defense, bassett flat out did whatever they wanted against them .

[/ QUOTE ]

We watched the same thing you watched and it meant diddley squat .....just as Richlands has given up yardage the last 2 years in their early scrimmages, they did so at Concord...the coaches use that time to try out different people.....also by the time they played Bassett the defense had already been on the field for 20 out of 30 plays in 95 degree heat...by the gridorama the coaches had made some changes and the teams they played there saw a much stronger defense (starting d gave up no 1st downs to either Wayne or Martinsburg)........ask Gate City how good that defense is....