Bluefield at Princeton

Sources

[ QUOTE ]

Aaron bowes is the kid that your talking about being the Nose Tackle. He's no tall than about 5'10 if that. Kinda skinny but really strong. He was in grahams backfield all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

5'10" is way too generous! bowes is 5'7" 170 after breakfast...runs a 4.75 forty (non-wind aided) and was previously a running back till he gained 20 lbs. of solid muscle with his hard work ethics this off season that come along with his unwealthy family background. hes had to grow up quick, paying for everything including car payments, insurance, and cell phones. A/B student, mother that can't work because of disability, sister paying for own college at WVU, dead beat father lives in NC and doesn't pay child support, and the biggest heart i've ever met in my life. Aaron Bowes deserves all that is given to him, and much more.

im not shooting for sympathy, just telling you why he's one of the many atomic weapons WE have this year.

and just remember: he's one of 11 on the field at a time. WE have heart, poise, and lack only the desire to show off ourselves. We want to show off each other.

and for the record, BROOKS' personal foul was preceeded by an ENORMOUS late hit by big 21 barrerras, which a flag was thrown for and brooks' personal foul that followed offset(didn't you wonder why the ball stayed put?? check the film...21 is a sore loser, no pun intended). brooks simply got up and said first down in his face becasue he likes a little bit of contact but running into the ref and knocking his hat sideways which caused the flag. and seeing the entire game that barrerras' biggest hit came after the play was dead...well its a wonder why beaver didnt have a good 30 point win margin.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Aaron bowes is the kid that your talking about being the Nose Tackle. He's no tall than about 5'10 if that. Kinda skinny but really strong. He was in grahams backfield all the time

[/ QUOTE ]

The football program has him listed at 5'7" 165lbs.Super quick though.

aaron is about 5'7 and has always been lightning quick...smart as hell and willing to mix it up with anybody...make no mistake guys Beaver has about three very good nose guards...we are so blessed this year. Lets just pray that all of these guys stay healthy etc.

Its funny how you guys talk about how much Princeton people talk and all I see is a bunch of Bluefield talkers on here talking their usual talk....Princeton should be down this year they sent 7 to college this past year....the only kid going to college from Bluefield is a kid that lived in Princeton....I'm not sure about Graham and their great program....and as far as Graham having a good season if they win more than 3-4 then they are playing a very weak schedule.....Bluefield look good the other night ( great speed ) and with their usual transfer in the backfield...Simons does a great job on defense, they really run to the ball well

[ QUOTE ]

Its funny how you guys talk about how much Princeton people talk and all I see is a bunch of Bluefield talkers on here talking their usual talk....Princeton should be down this year they sent 7 to college this past year....the only kid going to college from Bluefield is a kid that lived in Princeton....I'm not sure about Graham and their great program....and as far as Graham having a good season if they win more than 3-4 then they are playing a very weak schedule.....Bluefield look good the other night ( great speed ) and with their usual transfer in the backfield...Simons does a great job on defense, they really run to the ball well

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton only sent seven kids to college last year?!?!?!? Is that out of the whole senior class or just the football team???

What usual transfers in the backfield??? Most kids transfer out of Bluefield to either Graham or Princeton to get playing time. Milton Byard was the most famous that went to Graham for his senior season the last time Graham won it all in '96 because he was stuck behind Isabelle and Tynes at Beaver. I think Donald Amaker was a freshman that year. I remember a couple of kids transfering from Princeton a couple of years ago and i thought they were both ends. No one in the backfield i can remember transfered to Bluefield in the last 10-12 years. Will Cole is the first QB to transfer in.

How soon you forget Powell (last year) who lived in Quail Valley (Princeton) and played for Bluefiled and Beckett-QB(lives in Princeton) this year as a Freshman....and yes I think there is an end that went to princeton from Bluefield and I do remember Davis coming to Princeton and then going back to Bluefield....all these kids should not be allowed to move around----graham to Blfd---Blfd to Princeton--Princeton to Blfd. etc.

[ QUOTE ]

and with their usual transfer in the backfield...Simons does a great job on defense, they really run to the ball well

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaun brooks a transfer? mwahahahahaah

Jake Lilly a tranfer?

Aaron Bowes a transfer?

I think not

lay off the weed buddy,

as a student at Bluefield high school do you like that transfers are taking playing time away from other hometown players.....just look at Lilly--I think he is a hard nosed great player--he was going to be the future QB at Bluefield but with the transfers of Cole and Beckett...he is now a FB and a very good one at that but again how would you feel if your the QB coming up through the ranks and good enough to play the position and then two guys from the neighboring schools come in and take over the position how would you feel.....just one scenario and thoughts...drug free he young one

I didn't know J.T. lived in Quail Valley and I haven't looked at the freshmen this year, so I didn't know about Becket. To say "their usual transfer in the backfield" sounds like you are saying that is all Beaver has ever had at Bluefield for the last 15-20 years to run the ball and that is way off from the truth. Becket is probably two years away from playing (if he has enough talent to play) and J.T. being pretty much the only other guy is not nearly sufficient enough to say that Bluefield's backfield is mostly transfers from other schools over the years. Amaker, Isabelle (Raymond and Yubrenal), Tynes, Martin, Smalls, Wilson, Purdue, & Rozzel are just some of the stars over the years for Beaver and they are all from Bluefield with the exception of Purdue who was from Bluewell. Maybe David should have gone to Montcalm.

[ QUOTE ]

as a student at Bluefield high school do you like that transfers are taking playing time away from other hometown players.....just look at Lilly--I think he is a hard nosed great player--he was going to be the future QB at Bluefield but with the transfers of Cole and Beckett...he is now a FB and a very good one at that but again how would you feel if your the QB coming up through the ranks and good enough to play the position and then two guys from the neighboring schools come in and take over the position how would you feel.....just one scenario and thoughts...drug free he young one

[/ QUOTE ]

i know what your saying bingo and i dont agree with letting tranfers come in and take starting positions away from players who have been there from the begining.its just not right.it would be different if the guy coming in is an absolute star and NFL bound,because you defenitly want someone like that on your team.but i dont see any NFL stars on bluefields team that have transfered from another school.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] first off buddy it either sounds like u go to princeton and is pissed cause they transfered or maybe u might be jake lily lover or something J.T. had a Bluefield wv mailing address and plus stayed with his baby momma alot which also lives in bluefield. and as far as levi first in person in there right mind in this area even wanted a smidgen of a chance to win it all would come to bluefield not princeton not graham and anyone in the whole state of west virginia can decided where they want to go to school while they makin the transition from middle school to the high school.

[qoute]s a student at Bluefield high school do you like that transfers are taking playing time away from other hometown players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you completely bingo. But let me take you back a few years. JT Powell transfered over his sophomore year (the year we on states) and he didn't take over anybody s starting job that year. he was a heck of an athlete and he worked hard to get the spot he did on the next two seasons. But Cole, I agree completely agree with you, I don't think its right for him to be able to come over and just start like that. McClanahan is a better QB and ill think that until i see otherwise. Yes, will made some nice passes but nothing eric couldn't have done in that situation

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] first off buddy it either sounds like u go to princeton and is pissed cause they transfered or maybe u might be jake lily lover or something J.T. had a Bluefield wv mailing address and plus stayed with his baby momma alot which also lives in bluefield. and as far as levi first in person in there right mind in this area even wanted a smidgen of a chance to win it all would come to bluefield not princeton not graham and anyone in the whole state of west virginia can decided where they want to go to school while they makin the transition from middle school to the high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey football man, first off I is not pissed off and 2nd of all I am far removed from High School but it sounds like that your not so your really not relavant to this conversation

[ QUOTE ]

[qoute]s a student at Bluefield high school do you like that transfers are taking playing time away from other hometown players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you completely bingo. But let me take you back a few years. JT Powell transfered over his sophomore year (the year we on states) and he didn't take over anybody s starting job that year. he was a heck of an athlete and he worked hard to get the spot he did on the next two seasons. But Cole, I agree completely agree with you, I don't think its right for him to be able to come over and just start like that. McClanahan is a better QB and ill think that until i see otherwise. Yes, will made some nice passes but nothing eric couldn't have done in that situation

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard that Cole hopes to get a ship to Marshall, but unless he starts throwing the ball within ten yards of his receivers, he may not get invited to walk on there. Eric does deserve the #1 spot at QB in my opinion.

who are all the transfers for graham, bluefield, and princeton over the years???

bluefield to princeton-- kris krondon, jamie ealy, tony wallace, matt maddow

bluefield to graham-- milton byard

graham to bluefield-- shaun dews, will cole

princeton to bluefield-- mike davis, jonathan repass, jt powell, levi beckett

also, arent the Berraras kids from pikeview???

i also remember too that there was a Farris kid that transferred from graham to tazewell in '89 or '90

what other notable transfers have happened in the past????

[ QUOTE ]

who are all the transfers for graham, bluefield, and princeton over the years???

i also remember too that there was a Farris kid that transferred from graham to tazewell in '89 or '90

[/ QUOTE ]

One other Bluefield to Princeton transfer was the Isabelle that was a lineman. I can't remember the specifics...think he was Raymond's younger brother. He was a 300 pound+ defensive lineman.

listen guys, I'm not trying to start a rebellion this is my point of view......Cole is going to be fine at QB just as Lilly, Brooks and the rest of the speed will be fine in the backfield.......does anyone know who Princeton is starting in their backfield...I'm a fan but have not gotten to see them...I know that they are probably exceptionally young and if Powell is their QB they have some speed there but no experience (but that was going to happen anyway with the loss of Belcher)

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One other Bluefield to Princeton transfer was the Isabelle that was a lineman. I can't remember the specifics...think he was Raymond's younger brother. He was a 300 pound+ defensive lineman.

[/ QUOTE ]

and also didn't the the pack brothers leave bluefield for princeton and the one came back and also wasnt jason ponder a bluefield to princeton transfer and plus mike davis left bluefield for princeton befor he came back to bluefield

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh, come on!!! There's got to be more transfers from Bluefield to Graham...that's the only reason Graham EVER wins a game..."...end quote of typical Bluefield fan...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

William was Yubrenal's younger brother and cousin of Raymond.

Wasn't there several Beaver players that transfered to Graham between 89'-90' since Graham was so good then? The infamous 6-4 Beaver win on ESPN I thought had several Beaver players on Graham's team.

H.T. Matthews and his brother and cousins i thought all lived in Bluefield, VA the whole time and never went to anywhere but Graham. The Banks brothers (Billy and Brandon) lived on the WV side and never went to Beaver. Always went to Graham.

thank u didnt know for sure I know one pack went to bluefield befor graduating cause of some trouble or something but didn't play ball in bluefield. and G-man you r right to here us talk everyear you all beat us it was a player from Bluefield the reason why

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh, come on!!! There's got to be more transfers from Bluefield to Graham...that's the only reason Graham EVER wins a game..."...end quote of typical Bluefield fan...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell said that and when??