Bluefield at Princeton

Sources

What are everyones' thoughts on this game? It's hard to get a bearing on what Princeton has this year since they had a bye in Week 1, but if they are the typical Princeton team then I'd expect it to be smashmouth with a little play action pass thrown in there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluefield beats a fairly young Princeton team by 21 in the rain of Tiger Stadium. (thats right folks, its going to rain and I called it)

Jarell Powell will be QB for Princeton (JT's Little brother) and he cannot have that strong of an arm because he's pretty little. So look for alot of scrambling and options with Princeton

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Sources, that typical princeton team is gone. they have advanced to the spread offense, the same that WVU runs. The question is do they have the type of athletes to run it. (We have one of their best anyways!)

And Rocks, if it rained, that would just make my day. Hope you are right my friend...

I believe brooks will have a another big game. I think our defense can be in comparison to the 04' defense. There fast and there hard hitters. And I don't see very many people on our schedule that will be able to keep up with our offense scoring wise. Maybe 2 or 3 teams

Don't ask me how i know. But it will rain Friday night. No I dont watch the weather Channel, I just have a feeling

[ QUOTE ]

Sources, that typical princeton team is gone. they have advanced to the spread offense, the same that WVU runs. The question is do they have the type of athletes to run it. (We have one of their best anyways)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, Narrows tried to run that against James Monroe last week too. Bluefiled win if they don't turn the ball over, but not a blowout. Big question is if Princeton's defense is upto task, if they are, it could be a pretty good game.

I sat a couple of rows down in front of group of kids that identified themselves as Princeton football players to two guys from Welch during the scrimmage on the 17th. They seemed pretty confident after watching Bluefield scrimmage. They made the comment that Graham would "run all over Bluefield" and win by a couple of touchdowns. I wonder how confident they are now... grin.gif

Guest BEAVERTAIL

If there is one thing i hate more than anything... its princeton people being cocky. Especially since they havent won anything.

I always find it amusing as to how much Princeton talks during the week of the game..... they talk more then Graham does, but the difference is that Princeton can't back it up.

at the game Friday night, some guys that my dad knows from Princeton sat in front of us... he said that Princeton had the worst team that he has seen over there in 10 years. I didn't know the guy, but supposedly he's "somebody" with the princeton athletics... my dad said if anyone would know, he would..... I look for it to be bad.

Priceton is NOT going to be good this season...may win three games if lucky...Bluefield will win this game easily but will have to weather the "emotional" storm early...

Bluefield's up by like 50 games. I worry about that spread offense that Bluefield is running. Cole wasn't even close on several passes against Graham and against a d-back in the right place at the right time, he could pick it off and have six going to other way pretty easy. I don't think Bluefield wins big this year over Princeton, but i do think Bluefield outplays them most of the game. I think the Beavers will shoot themselves in the foot plenty of times and that will cost them a bunch of points.

But that's just my thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield's up by like 50 games. I worry about that spread offense that Bluefield is running. Cole wasn't even close on several passes against Graham and against a d-back in the right place at the right time, he could pick it off and have six going to other way pretty easy. I don't think Bluefield wins big this year over Princeton, but i do think Bluefield outplays them most of the game. I think the Beavers will shoot themselves in the foot plenty of times and that will cost them a bunch of points.

[/ QUOTE ]

quit worring with big fred running the defense there should be no worries i like the way he changed his mind and put that quick a$$ @ nose guard he had to be in the backfield 90%of the game... if princetons center is no better then grahams i say they will be in for a long night

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quit worring with big fred running the defense there should be no worries i like the way he changed his mind and put that quick a$$ @ nose guard he had to be in the backfield 90%of the game... if princetons center is no better then grahams i say they will be in for a long night

[/ QUOTE ]

There'll be worries if the Beavers are committing a bunch of penalties and turnovers that keeps the game closure then it needs to be and leave the defense out there all night.

[ QUOTE ]

What were most of the penalties? I know they had a couple personal Fouls. Just mouthing off and stuff like that. But that comes with the rivalry game. Im sure after the princeton game they'll be back to normal

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were the most costly ones, but there were a couple of illegal blocks and a few false starts here and there were the most common i remember. I think i remember a clip on a return which is fifteen yards but still, 14 total for over a hundred yards is bad even for an opening game. Got to clean it up.

Rivalry games always bring the trash talking and Bluefield has been good at doing it over the years. They just haven't been good and hiding from the refs.

A number of the penalties were blocking below the knees (chop block) or blocking in the back. Several of the blocking in the back penalties occurred well behind the play and didn't needed to occur. If they can get that issue taken care Marcus Patterson is going to have a bunch of long kick and punt returns throughout the season. I only recall a single personal foul penalty on Bluefield, which was on Brooks during a punt by Graham in the 3rd qtr. Brooks was clapping and acting foolish after Graham was flagged for a deadball personal foul on the same play. Simon took him out of the game the entire offense series that followed.

worked out good even though i think grahams center was so sorry the way that the big kid played in the scrimages would have givin the g-men problaems too he would have had the center all up in marrs face..but like u said bowes i guess is his name was all in the backfield

i watched both teams practice and only one team play and do believe that PHS my alma mater will trap the varments .they do believe this year and show continunity and team spirit as does spadero a man with conviction and integrity

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

i watched both teams practice and only one team play and do believe that PHS my alma mater will trap the varments .they do believe this year and show continunity and team spirit as does spadero a man with conviction and integrity

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. you used a period. even though the lash sentence made no sense.

I guess, I have found a fault with you always. I am trying as a 40 something plus to understand this weakeness in using capitols and why I'm suppossed to be yelling when I don't mean to and can't when I wan't to. When I get it then GOD help yOu. EXCUSE ME BUT ILOVE THESE quarreles/';[.;'