Bluefield at Princeton

Sources

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

who are all the transfers for graham, bluefield, and princeton over the years???

bluefield to princeton-- kris krondon, jamie ealy, tony wallace, matt maddow

bluefield to graham-- milton byard

graham to bluefield-- shaun dews, will cole

princeton to bluefield-- mike davis, jonathan repass, jt powell, levi beckett

also, arent the Berraras kids from pikeview???

i also remember too that there was a Farris kid that transferred from graham to tazewell in '89 or '90

what other notable transfers have happened in the past????

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh, come on!!! There's got to be more transfers from Bluefield to Graham...that's the only reason Graham EVER wins a game..."...end quote of typical Bluefield fan...

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, I wouldn't go THAT far. :-)

There were a lot more transfers back in the day, although my mind is a complete blank. I know that one of the issues back then was the cost of transferring. If I remember correctly, the Tazewell County school board would only charge some trivial amount for a kid to transfer there, like $50 per year. The other way, to transfer to Bluefield, it was more, I believe. I had a neighbor who moved to the Virginia side, to the townhouses at Sedgewood, but stayed at Beaver...and I think they had to pay for that.

In the end, I understand that the Tazewell Co. school board has cracked down on it, as they were getting extra bodies that caused the need for more teachers, more instructional space, etc...but not money to cover it.

It's a problem lots of places. It is here in Atlanta. So many high schools, so many good football players, and a lot of kids will transfer under some interesting circumstances, all for a bid to get playing time. I simply can't imagine it...the high schools here are mostly 1800+ kids, with quite a few in the 2000-2500 range, and a few in Gwinnett County in the 3500-4500 range. Making the team is a lot of work, and most of the kids platoon. Very few, if any, play both ways. They don't have to...the teams are loaded with talent.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

who are all the transfers for graham, bluefield, and princeton over the years???

i also remember too that there was a Farris kid that transferred from graham to tazewell in '89 or '90

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh, come on!!! There's got to be more transfers from Bluefield to Graham...that's the only reason Graham EVER wins a game..."...end quote of typical Bluefield fan...

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the hell said that and when??

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously a "NOOB" to the board...LOL...been said HUNDREDS OF TIMES by many different posters from Bluefield anytime there is talk about how Graham is "closing the gap" on Bluefield...

[ QUOTE ]

they r but see the youngest one went to bluefield all his life and didnt wanna leave his freinds

i thought the younger brother played qb for graham one year? i remember their cousin cory graduated from graham the same year i did from bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously a "NOOB" to the board...LOL...been said HUNDREDS OF TIMES by many different posters from Bluefield anytime there is talk about how Graham is "closing the gap" on Bluefield...

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said before, the other sites i would waste time on at work got blocked, so this board is about all i have now! lo

[ QUOTE ]

as a student at Bluefield high school do you like that transfers are taking playing time away from other hometown players.....just look at Lilly--I think he is a hard nosed great player--he was going to be the future QB at Bluefield but with the transfers of Cole and Beckett...he is now a FB and a very good one at that but again how would you feel if your the QB coming up through the ranks and good enough to play the position and then two guys from the neighboring schools come in and take over the position how would you feel.....just one scenario and thoughts...drug free he young one

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know where your source of info is, but lilly WAS NOT going to be QB. backup, perhaps, but it was McClannahan even if he did go to summer school to pass. lilly is NOT a QB. he may have a good arm, but as far as his decision making goes he's not there. and i know eric doesnt make the best decisions, but at least he TRIES to find the open reciever,and not once his star catcher is covered run it up the middle for 100 yds. a game rushing.

hes a great fullback and linebacker, not QB. and the WVSSAC has STRICT rules on transferring and being able to play sports. Will Cole followed all the rules, including moving his whole family into a one room apartment above the harley shop in WV with only chineese blinds to divide up the room. in 2004 there was no rule about transfers so reguarding powell, davis, and repass , princeton should've done a better job at filling their needs as athletes. so that one's on them.

Dear nuff said, Lilly would have been the starter for the next 2 years after the departure of Maclanhan....but with Cole and Beckett arriving that is no more...that is the point I was trying to make

who would have been playing what position is all speculation. The FACT is, players transfer everywhere and it will always happen. Who ever is on the team being it Bluefield, Graham, Princeton or any team will look for the best eleven. So what does it matter except for the point of arguing.

that Beaver / Graham game of '91 that was on ESPN... Bluefield transfers to Graham included starting RB Greg Ridley, starting FB Billy Banks, backup RB John Novinger, and backup lineman Jason Lubliner... they all left Bluefield for Graham - only to lose...

so right there, Graham had 2 starters in their backfield for the '91 Beaver / Graham game. seems like grades and trouble with the school was why Greg left. he would have been a starter for us that year. not sure why Billy Banks left. I think his mom lived on the VA side. he probably wouldn't have been our starting FB, but he would have seen time at FB and probably started on D-fense for us. the other 2... probably would have got some playing time somewhere if they would have stayed... we sure didn't have much depth that year

The last time I checked, this thread was to discuss the Bluefield Princeton game tomorrow night. Who cares who transferred where and when? It happens everywhere and I'm sure everyone has had a transfer student be a significant contributor to their team at some point. End of story.

[ QUOTE ]

The last time I checked, this thread was to discuss the Bluefield Princeton game tomorrow night. Who cares who transferred where and when? It happens everywhere and I'm sure everyone has had a transfer student be a significant contributor to their team at some point. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluefield over princeton 31-14

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

About half the beaver posters, and for the better part of five years now.......

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Its funny how you guys talk about how much Princeton people talk and all I see is a bunch of Bluefield talkers on here talking their usual talk....Princeton should be down this year they sent 7 to college this past year....the only kid going to college from Bluefield is a kid that lived in Princeton....I'm not sure about Graham and their great program....and as far as Graham having a good season if they win more than 3-4 then they are playing a very weak schedule.....Bluefield look good the other night ( great speed ) and with their usual transfer in the backfield...Simons does a great job on defense, they really run to the ball well

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering but how many of those players are back home? I heard a bunch are now... and maybe you could tell us the rest. I know Keith Taylor, Brandon croy and Jarrod someone are all back... I know Belcher is still down there...

[ QUOTE ]

You're saying that Graham players helped win us the game Friday?

Will Cole probply cost us 2 touchdowns more than anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Cole also had a pass dropped in the endzone and a few other catchable passes dropped. Just because you and Eric are buddy buddy dosent mean you have to talk pure [censored] about Will. I believe Coach Simon will make the decision on who the better QB is. Lets leave that up to him.

I was actually impressed with Will Cole's play on Friday night. Yes, he missed some passes but we have to remember that is a high school kid. He isn't going to make every pass perfect and we have to deal with that as fans. We were not out there playing in from of 13,000+ people. I know that I would be nervous. I don't hear anymore saying anything about the missed blocks and bad tackling by the defense. Maybe we should focus our attention on ALL the players and not just Cole because he came from Graham. Lets all remember that these are just kids and we are there to cheer them on and not talk crap about them. Will Cole had quite impressive stats last week and we need to give him credit for that accomplishment.