No more "stick it in" chant at Tech games

vthokies4life

BC or GC   

1. 1. BC or GC

• BC
    • GC

Just another game day tradition at VT that Jim Weaver is doing away with...he's already "banned" booing the other team...tailgating is also on his list of things to do away with but he hasn't figured out how to get rid of it yet.

You think I'm "THE MAN"...JW had the balls to tell the Hokie Nation HE was "THE MAN" on Hokie Hotline Monday night...

I long for the day that arrogant SOB is no longer affiliated with Virginia Tech.

Oh yeh, one more thing...

"STICK IT, JIM!!! STICK IT, JIM!!! STICK IT, JIM!!!"

[ QUOTE ]

Just another game day tradition at VT that Jim Weaver is doing away with...he's already "banned" booing the other team...tailgating is also on his list of things to do away with but he hasn't figured out how to get rid of it yet.

You think I'm "THE MAN"...JW had the balls to tell the Hokie Nation HE was "THE MAN" on Hokie Hotline Monday night...

I long for the day that arrogant SOB is no longer affiliated with Virginia Tech.

Oh yeh, one more thing...

"STICK IT, JIM!!! STICK IT, JIM!!! STICK IT, JIM!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I've not ever seen it put better than that. I can guarantee you the student section will be thrusting their hips and shouting "stick it in" louder than ever this weekend. And I hope Weaver hears it. You know what else I want to do? Boo Ohio.

I think the thing that pisses me off the most though is he's telling the opposition to run out at the same time as us just to get rid of the booing. He needs to go on...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

did he institute "hokie respect"? cause last year i got sick of listening to people read off that stupid paper the SAME THING EVERY TIME. geez.. plus the cartoons they play promoting it at the game are horrible too. i boo you hokie respect and jim weaver!

[ QUOTE ]

did he institute "hokie respect"? cause last year i got sick of listening to people read off that stupid paper the SAME THING EVERY TIME. geez.. plus the cartoons they play promoting it at the game are horrible too. i boo you hokie respect and jim weaver!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, more of Jimmy Weasel's stupendous ideas...

And what REALLY gauls me is HE tries to take credit for getting VT into the ACC. He did NOTHING to help...he pledged HIS allegiance to the Big East (right WVU fans???). Fortunately "higher powers" at VT "over-ruled" the Weasel...UVA's President Casteen and Gov. Kaine had more to do with VT getting into the ACC than the "almighty" Jim Weaver did...he just happened to be in the right place at the right time and those that "drink his kool aid" believe he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And don't get me started about the reseating of Lane Stadium...MANY long time donors got the shaft and JW turned a deaf ear to them...not the way you treat people who have supported your program through thick and thin and believe me, there were a lot of "thin" years at VT prior to the early 90s.

It HURTS me everytime I send in a check to the Hokie Club or any other donation to the athletic department at VT knowing that that worthless turd is getting "credit" for me donating my money to the school...

Can you tell that I wouldn't piss on Jim Weaver if he was on fire??? The Weasel, the Weasel, the Weasel's on fire, we don't need no water let the mother eff'er burn...

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the 4th line will be replaced with another 3 syllable phrase.... let's see... something like... Wea - Ver's - *** .

Hey, I'm just sayin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! Haha. Thats so great! lol. Id like to tell some students to start that. I know they would haha.

As a participant in several games, with my wife for most. This chant is cool and we knew what it meant [2nd meaning]. Until my wife couldn't go one day and along with my 20 40 something freinds the chant just didn't do anything but embarass me. Kids know.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I really dont think anythings wrong with it. Most kids wont have a clue what the sexual overtone is anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of kids see, and hear, much worse in their local schools each day...

[/ QUOTE ]I agree kids hear way way way more worse stuff in school every single day, what are you going to do take them out of school? there is nothing wrong with the chant.. if people take it pervertedly thats their problem, when i hear it i think TOUCHDOWN, not sex... and ur kids i bet thought the same thing

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I really dont think anythings wrong with it. Most kids wont have a clue what the sexual overtone is anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of kids see, and hear, much worse in their local schools each day...

[/ QUOTE ]I agree kids hear way way way more worse stuff in school every single day, what are you going to do take them out of school? there is nothing wrong with the chant.. if people take it pervertedly thats their problem, when i hear it i think TOUCHDOWN, not sex... and ur kids i bet thought the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, if the first thing your kid thinks about is sex when they hear a crowd chant "stick it in" at football game, then obviously have already been around some sort of perverse things to even have a train of thought like that. I mean maybe a 14-15 year old would have enough knowledge to connect that with a perverted connotation. But you can hear things on NBC that are worse, and are unmistakably sexually inferred.

im a wvu fan but b/c of my friends being a vt and it being football i do attend a couple games a year and i did think it was funny hearing stick it in but to younger children they arent thining of it that way and if they are then it prob does not matter that they hear something like that but that my opinion...but booing the other team i mean my goodness u do that in high school games and i promise when i played it never hurt my feelings one bit to hear it, its a football game u have someone u pull for i promise the other fans wont be clapping when tech's enter sandman starts playing...some ppl need to realize its all in fun and just let the boys play football

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I walked through school today and saw at least 2 sets of lezbians all over each other. And at least 20 couples doing the same thing. What we see and hear in school is 3000000000000000000000000000 times worse than a little chant.

OK, I understand the "official" alcohol ban since it IS state property, but folks need to realize that a Tech game (like most MAJOR college programs) isn't exactly a Rated G afternoon. These are college students playing for their college, which is made up of their friends, mainly 18-23 year olds. And, of course, you gotta have the alum to keep the coffers filled. The majority of these folks couldn't care less about a chant that has sexual overtones.

Now I don't think youngin's should be banned, but parents need to realize they aren't going to be surrounded by 65,000 third-graders for 4 hours. Why can't Tech bring back Kids Day (or whatever it was called) and ban the chant for that game?

yea i agree things at school are alot worse and mavs_fan you said your daughter was 12 when you took her to a tech game and how awful it was or something... i know kids who have lost there v-card at that age and 12 year olds know alot more than you think lol