Noel Devine

Bogeavers

From watching the game last night, I honestly think that Noel Devine might be better as a freshman that Steve Slaton. He has speed and elusiveness like Dante Hall and has the power to break arm tackles at any level. I am going to predict a Heisman for this kid one day. What are yalls' thoughts on the talented freshman?

People are really quick to bail on Slaton in favor of Devine, but I guess that's the name of the game. Just remember, Slaton is one of two players who has put WVU in the position it's in now and has been for the past two seasons.

I think Devine is going to be a great one.....barring injury and as long as WVU can bring in weapons around him, so he doesn't have to do it all.

As of now though, this is Slaton's time....until he leaves I think Slaton is the man!

Watching Devine is kinda like getting previews of what show comes on next......Devine will be special

[ QUOTE ]

People are really quick to bail on Slaton in favor of Devine, but I guess that's the name of the game. Just remember, Slaton is one of two players who has put WVU in the position it's in now and has been for the past two seasons.

[/ QUOTE ]i dont think people are bailing on slaton, he's still putting up his big stats the 1st 3 games and i'm sure he will the rest of the season, i think people are just really excited that we've got this true freshman to come in and make an impact so early in the season

West Virginia could outrun a pack of coked-up cheetahs - How have the Moutaineers not accidentally traveled backwards through time yet? Let's run down the checklist:

- By far, the best rushing quarterback in college football? Check: Pat White.

- Supremely talented running back picked by Sports Illustrated before the season to finish second in Heisman voting? Check: Steve Slaton.

- Teeny-tiny freshman blur who just carried five times against Maryland for 136 yards? Check: Noel Devine. (That's an average of 27.2 yards a carry, and it's not a fluke. I watched the game, and this little waterbug - he's 5-8, 170 - can scoot. He carried five times last week for a 15.2-yard average against Marshall.)

WVU might not win the title, but they are obscenely fun to watch.

Devine is the real deal...I've been watching this kid since he was in 9th grade...he's amazing...how WVU ever got him is beyond me...he could have gone anywhere...worst thing they could do is keep him off the field...he's a horse, let him run. If this kid had gone to a "major" media market, like USC or someplace like that, he would be at Michael Jordan status by the time he went pro.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Devine is the real deal...I've been watching this kid since he was in 9th grade...he's amazing...how WVU ever got him is beyond me...he could have gone anywhere...worst thing they could do is keep him off the field...he's a horse, let him run. If this kid had gone to a "major" media market, like USC or someplace like that, he would be at Michael Jordan status by the time he went pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some reasons Devine said he went to WVU are that he loved our coaches and our offense. (As you can see he fits it pretty well.) He also liked the family atmosphere and he said he also came to West Virginia to get away from the trouble in Florida. A lot of people there gave this guy a bad rep, when in reality he seems like a real humble guy. After a touchdown or big play he just hands the ball to the ref like any player should do. Lance, I remember someone posting his video on here during his freshman year, it may have been you. But back then I was in amazement watching his runs and in the back of my mind I wondered if he would ever go to WVU. I never did think that 4 years later he would be in the Blue and Gold.

yeah i had videos posted of him as a 9th grader...looked like a college back then without the size...the kid is just amazing to watch...a back like him is only as good as the coaches let him be, just hope they don't ruin him.

[ QUOTE ]

yeah i had videos posted of him as a 9th grader...looked like a college back then without the size...the kid is just amazing to watch...a back like him is only as good as the coaches let him be, just hope they don't ruin him.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah we know all those backs Rich rod has ruined, like Slaton and Wilson and KJ....lol

Noel Devine is one of the few players that does not need to be in a major market team thanks to youtube he is already famous lol..but wvu is the number 4 team in the nation and he can very well get the word out on himself and if slaton does well in the nfl (some put it on the system rich has installed for the sucess of their rb's) noel will be a high pick and will be playin in sundays..but for now ill waych wvu's trio and when noel gets in ill be on the edge of my sit like i have been all year long

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah we know all those backs Rich rod has ruined, like Slaton and Wilson and KJ....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess what i mean by that, and not saying anything about the coaches at WVU, but when yo have a back like that , he's the man..the go to guy...you have to keep him happy and feed him the ball...he won't be happy splitting time with anyone and he's the type of guy you feature...WVU is in a good place, but if they drop even one game they will drop off the map quickly...like almost any other team that is not in a huge media market...the media makes all the difference a lot of the time...but...you know what i'm saying i'm sure.

[ QUOTE ]

WVU might not win the title, but they are obscenely fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Might" not win it is something you won't hear any opposing team say abou them before a game this year. National Title are very hard to come by, but I'm liking our chances.

As far as anyone "bailing" on Slaton, that hasn't hadenned, and it won't no one's going to forget what he means to the team, everyone's just very pleased to see we're not a 1 or 2 man show. IMO Rodiriguez would help the team if he develops some play that see Slaton and Evine in on the field at the same time, along with Shmidt and White, that would be the ultimate nightmare for a defensive coordinator.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the kid is awesome as long as he stays out of trouble. I was very impressed with his highlight reels. He did really well at the ALL-American game also. WHen Slaton leaves Devine will pick up where he left off. Has anyone seen Deion Sanders, lol.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

God knows I hate to agree with a Tech fan however this kid is trouble with a capital B [bradshaw]. Maybe he can stand prosperity or the thoughts of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Devine trouble? From everything I've heard he is a pretty humble person. He got into some trouble in high school but has worked hard to make it into college. One of the reasons he came to West Va was to get away from the people who was giving him a bad name.

[ QUOTE ]

God knows I hate to agree with a Tech fan however this kid is trouble with a capital B [bradshaw]. Maybe he can stand prosperity or the thoughts of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

name one thing he has ever done wrong.... where do people dream this stuff up?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is Devine trouble? From everything I've heard he is a pretty humble person. He got into some trouble in high school but has worked hard to make it into college. One of the reasons he came to West Va was to get away from the people who was giving him a bad name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought i heard that he told Deion where he could go when Deion invited him to live with him and mentor him. Devine i thought was living with his girlfriend his last semester in high school and they have two kids together. I could be worng.