Richlands radio announcers read this board!!!

bluefieldRocks

i was just listening to this Richlands game and the announcers of the game said "Bluefield Daily Telegraph picked one of their homeboys for the POW last week.Instead of Austin Fuller" Do they read this board? Why cant richlands people just let it go? This is amazing... Radio announcers you are hoorible for even stating that on the air. How biased can you be? Richlands football is rediculous.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which station are you all listening to??..cause wgth sure hasnt said a thing about Bluefield or even the POW...and by the way TD Richlands 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter...cant wait till the 19th.

[ QUOTE ]

Those guys are obnoxious...

"I don't care what anyone says we just overlooked Abingdon tonight, we're simply a much better team."

Does that quote OOZE arrogance or what? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be listening to bluetornadofootball.com.

Ron Brown and his crew at WGTH have always been consummate professionals.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Those guys are obnoxious...

"I don't care what anyone says we just overlooked Abingdon tonight, we're simply a much better team."

Does that quote OOZE arrogance or what? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be listening to bluetornadofootball.com.

Ron Brown and his crew at WGTH have always been consummate professionals.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would hope so b/c the guys I'm listening to are absolutely horrible. I tried the other broadcast first, but I couldn't get it to work.

Well, i cant say anthing cause i wasnt listening so i dont know wat they said. And why make it such a big deal??...just because 2 radio announcers say something that they might should not have said, that doesnt describe RIchlands as a football team or community,lighten up a bit bro. Im sure they mean no harm

[ QUOTE ]

Well, i cant say anthing cause i wasnt listening so i dont know wat they said. And why make it such a big deal??...just because 2 radio announcers say something that they might should not have said, that doesnt describe RIchlands as a football team or community,lighten up a bit bro. Im sure they mean no harm

[/ QUOTE ]

They represent the Richlands' team and community b/c they're going out over the airwaves and internet broadcasting the game. Just as Bob Redd represents Bluefield and I cringe at that thought. What happened to the professional folks that used to broadcast high school games in this region? Oh wait, that's right the radio stations ran them off. Great move...

[ QUOTE ]

You didnt hear it so you wouldnt understand why were upset

He made it sound like ponder didnt deserve it and that austin fuller is GOD

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocky and Dave are Richlands homers. Ron Brown (WGTH) has been covering RHS objectively (or as objectively as might reasonably be expected) for over 20 years.

The angst of Bluefield posters tonight is somewhat understandable. However, now please consider yourselves informed and stop the whining, please.

Well that seems to be the feeling alot of people around here have about AUstin, i guess i dont feel hes god cause i grew up with him and we played football in mine and his backyard from forever ago, but he is probably one of the best players to come through richlands so your going to hear that until he graduates, just like Graham did with AHmad and Rob henry and everywhere...but im done here since i didnt hear it and have no reason posting.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not upset Rocks, I just find it funny at how obnoxious they are and how they belittle the accomplishments of high school kids that aren't their own. Again, it's real classy. And now they're calling for Richlands to add on another touchdown instead of taking a knee to kill the clock...

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats to Richlands on the win. I want the Blues undefeated on the 19th...

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats to Abingdon on a hard fought game.

Regardless of what might be happening off the field, that was a classy ending to the game -- players from both teams hugging each other.

Elswick with 260 yards passing...second best passing yards in a game...McCracken has the most in a game. Fuller had 2 big plays...63 yard TD reception and a 55 yard TD reception, and a couple 5-10 yard catches, Wilson and Addison and Wicks addings the the recieving yards also....Schwiengruber led the rushing attack which wasnt there tonight so i dont even have those number, Abingdon held there own the whole night till the 4th quarter...they had over 160 yards passing thereselves and held the blues to 2 points thru 3 quarters, congrats to both teams...SWD teams should lookout for Abingdon, if you dont defend the pass you will lose.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocky and Dave are Richlands homers. Ron Brown (WGTH) has been covering RHS objectively (or as objectively as might reasonably be expected) for over 20 years.

The angst of Bluefield posters tonight is somewhat understandable. However, now please consider yourselves informed and stop the whining, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I've got some angst. There isn't a Bluefield game tonight. It's the first Friday since mid-August that I haven't been at a Beaver game. And I guess the whining about no P.O.W. award from BDT for Fuller by some Richlands fans has rubbed off on some of us Bluefield fans. I hope they give him the award this week, I'm not sure I can bare another week of listening to it.

[ QUOTE ]

no P.O.W. award from BDT for Fuller by some Richlands fans has rubbed off on some of us Bluefield fans. I hope they give him the award this week, I'm not sure I can bare another week of listening to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a sensitive guy....no one from Richlands whined about it......my point earlier today was that whoever won the award last week (either Ponder or Fuller) was deserving....but apparently you think that it would have been a joke for the BDT to give Austin Fuller heavy consideration....if anyone lacks objectivity, it is you Rules.......guess that's why you call yourself Bluefield_Rules.....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

no P.O.W. award from BDT for Fuller by some Richlands fans has rubbed off on some of us Bluefield fans. I hope they give him the award this week, I'm not sure I can bare another week of listening to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a sensitive guy....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, that means a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a sensitive guy....no one from Richlands whined about it......my point earlier today was that whoever won the award last week (either Ponder or Fuller) was deserving....but apparently you think that it would have been a joke for the BDT to give Austin Fuller heavy consideration....if anyone lacks objectivity, it is you Rules.......guess that's why you call yourself Bluefield_Rules.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to the radio broadcasts when they said what you are reffering to, and I laughed when I heard it because I knew you all would whine some more. Get over it, people from each school is going to think their players are better. They did not however say that Ansel did not deserve the award, they just thought that he got it over Austin because he was a Bluefield played and it was a Bluefield paper. Which would make sense, and not in a bad way. I just wish you Bluefield guys would get over it and quit posting about it after we already had a week long discussion about it. Why dont you call your mommys and cry to them...maybe they will care. Bluefield_Rules, you are the biggest crybaby I have ever seen on this board. Get over it, and let someone state their opinion without you getting "offended" and crying about it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to the radio broadcasts when they said what you are reffering to, and I laughed when I heard it because I knew you all would whine some more. Get over it, people from each school is going to think their players are better. They did not however say that Ansel did not deserve the award, they just thought that he got it over Austin because he was a Bluefield played and it was a Bluefield paper. Which would make sense, and not in a bad way. I just wish you Bluefield guys would get over it and quit posting about it after we already had a week long discussion about it. Why dont you call your mommys and cry to them...maybe they will care. Bluefield_Rules, you are the biggest crybaby I have ever seen on this board. Get over it, and let someone state their opinion without you getting "offended" and crying about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE working the Richlands fans up. It's like working the WVU fans up. Hey, can I sit with you guys on the 19th? I'll bring the tissue...