Richlands radio announcers read this board!!!

bluefieldRocks

Just listen to wgth if you dont want to get pissed and hate richlands everytime, i wish everyone would listen to wgth if that would keep everyone from bitchin and cryin, from a loyal fan who likes not just richlands football but swva football and supports all the teams, this [censored] is getting ridiculous and just because of words, i could see it if a fan beat the hell out of a bluefield fan or lebanon fan but jesus christ, it was a radio announcer who has nothing to do with the football team,coaches,players,or parents. Now with that said, you think we can ALL show some class and kill this thread?? and save all the Bluefield/Richlands trash talk for the week of the game?...cause that is the only week they should be thinking about the bluefield/richlands games, so bash me,agree with me, hate me, do what you want but id prefer if we can just kill this before its gets any worse.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have decoded from all this mess is that WRIC announcers were downing the bdt for their POW choice, right? And that they think Fuller is some sort of god, right? So how did it come down to a RON BROWN thing. Ron is a good guy and is very pro blue tornado, you know that going in to the game. But he is no way gonna throw off or belittle opponents. Refs maybe, lol. But I just wanted to chime in cause it seems like we changed focus off the guys who said something to a guy that is kinda like the Harry Carey of Richlands Football!

I meant nothing towards ron brown or wgth, all i was saying is if they dnt want to listen to wric to listen to wgth for exactly wat u said, he is "the" voice of richlands blue tornado and will be till he quits, and ive always listened to him. All i was saying, and thats nothing negative.

Blues fan I was not talking about you. I was just reading through the muddle and when it was said it was WRIC that the comment was made it shifted to WGTH and nothing was ever said again about the folks that actually made the comment. And really if you are listening to a "certain teams" network you should expect that. I don't listen to Bill Roth (Hokies) and expect him to talk about how great Tennessee is. If I tune in to listen to Richlands I expect to hear about Richlands. It is not an unbiased view it is a richlands view cause that is who is normally listening to them. I just think like some one said earlier it's crazy to get bent out of shape about something like this. We all say that VA stops at roanoke so the POW must stop at Bluefield. LOL.

[ QUOTE ]

Also said by the announcers on 97.7.

At the end of the game. You don't want to run up the score but it sure would have been nice to beat them by another touchdown. Great sportsmanship!

Also when giving out scores, They announced Lebanon 26 Gate City 13. And stated they didn't believe it and would check again when they got home. I hope they did because it was 33-13.

Show a little class and maybe every person in Southwest Virginia wouldn't hate your team and hope they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hate an entire town because of football then you have some serious anger issues...or you are thirteen years old. Come on we are Adults, its only a few words and you all are blowing this way out of proportion. So what, they said they didnt think that Lebanon had beaten Gate City, oh my goodness...you poor thing. I knew Lebanon would win, I picked them in my Pick'em...so if I hadnt would you have been offended? Someone didnt expect you to win...SO WHAT! Get over it and quit your crying! Why is everyone so sensetive?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

At the end of the game. You don't want to run up the score but it sure would have been nice to beat them by another touchdown. Great sportsmanship!

Also when giving out scores, They announced Lebanon 26 Gate City 13. And stated they didn't believe it and would check again when they got home. I hope they did because it was 33-13.

Show a little class and maybe every person in Southwest Virginia wouldn't hate your team and hope they lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hate an entire town because of football then you have some serious anger issues...or you are thirteen years old. Come on we are Adults, its only a few words and you all are blowing this way out of proportion. So what, they said they didnt think that Lebanon had beaten Gate City, oh my goodness...you poor thing. I knew Lebanon would win, I picked them in my Pick'em...so if I hadnt would you have been offended? Someone didnt expect you to win...SO WHAT! Get over it and quit your crying! Why is everyone so sensetive?

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be that time of the month. Seriously though, there are going to be good radio announcers and bad radio announcers. Same for TV sportscasters. I don't put much stock into what any radio announcer says outside of telling me what's happening in the game. I take it at his opinion and move on.

I don't want to see a thumping at this game. I'd rather see a hard fought, tooth and nails, knock down drag out football game. Now that's fun.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be that time of the month. Seriously though, there are going to be good radio announcers and bad radio announcers. Same for TV sportscasters. I don't put much stock into what any radio announcer says outside of telling me what's happening in the game. I take it at his opinion and move on.

I don't want to see a thumping at this game. I'd rather see a hard fought, tooth and nails, knock down drag out football game. Now that's fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. People just like to find something to complain about.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Those guys are obnoxious...

"I don't care what anyone says we just overlooked Abingdon tonight, we're simply a much better team."

Does that quote OOZE arrogance or what? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be listening to bluetornadofootball.com.

Ron Brown and his crew at WGTH have always been consummate professionals.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed... Ron is a homer but who isnt

[ QUOTE ]

i was just listening to this Richlands game and the announcers of the game said "Bluefield Daily Telegraph picked one of their homeboys for the POW last week.Instead of Austin Fuller" Do they read this board? Why cant richlands people just let it go? This is amazing... Radio announcers you are hoorible for even stating that on the air. How biased can you be? Richlands football is rediculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read... but then so many of the replies are just as ridiculous. Why on earth to you care about the opinion of a RICHLANDS radio announcer on a RICHLANDS radio station broadcasting a RICHLANDS game? For that matter, why do you even care about Richlands at this point? There are a lot of football games to be played before that one.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Those guys are obnoxious...

"I don't care what anyone says we just overlooked Abingdon tonight, we're simply a much better team."

Does that quote OOZE arrogance or what? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be listening to bluetornadofootball.com.

Ron Brown and his crew at WGTH have always been consummate professionals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - we appreciate that.

Not like if it's on a station that does certain games or teams. Your not gonna hear about that team more than others.

Sometimes you just have to let some things go. Esp. stuff like this. Here locally we have a few stations that are like that. It's their stations so if your team is playing and it's not a game of the week. Well you pretty much have to listen to their station and hear their views.

I listened to Dave and Rocky today during the TV broadcast ,and as BigD stated, this is one of the stupidest threads ever......Only an absolute hothead would take offense at any of their comments........NO ONE said Ponder didn't deserve the award.....I think the insinuation from them in regard to that matter was that it was a toss up and the local player got the crown......nothing wrong with that... and it's darn sure what I believe happened

There is nothing wrong with that. I'm starting to think that maybe Bluefield Rocks is paranoid. Everyone is out to get him or her. Stating facts and making pertinant comments is a good thing. Please don't read this BR I am scared you will degrade my typing or other minor missstakes rather than recieve the point.

Rocks has always been like that unless your saying how great bluefield is then your going to start a argument with rocks. I respect all the history that Bluefield has up there and acknowledge all of there accomplishments I just wish some bluefeild fans could do the same to Richlands and have a little class about themselves.

[ QUOTE ]

ok

whatever you say. But when a bluefield radio announcer talks crap about richlands then I dont want to hear a word because thats what your expecting from us

[/ QUOTE ]

We won't be listening to a Bluefield radio announcer in the first place. Especially not when there is over a month of football to be played before the game.

[ QUOTE ]

ok

whatever you say. But when a bluefield radio announcer talks crap about richlands then I dont want to hear a word because thats what your expecting from us

[/ QUOTE ]

OK then can you tell us if you dislike Richlands sooo Bad why you 1. Started listening to a Richlands Football game in the first place? And 2. after the announcer offended you, why you continued to listen? And 3. Did you eat paint chips as a child? The last one of course is for my own curiosity.

That is kind of disrespectful that the radio announcers would do that to a player or team or actually deserved that accomplishment. But at the same time you gotta expect it when you listening to a hometown radio station from hometown announcers. Lets just move on from this and hope both teams are undefeated so we can find out who is actually the best team in the area.

[ QUOTE ]

That is kind of disrespectful that the radio announcers would do that to a player or team or actually deserved that accomplishment. But at the same time you gotta expect it when you listening to a hometown radio station from hometown announcers. Lets just move on from this and hope both teams are undefeated so we can find out who is actually the best team in the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. It is time to move on. At least until it gets closer to the game and Bluefield and Richlands fans start taunting each other again. laugh.gif There's just so much love on this board. Haha

well regardless of who got it last week, u should always consider austin at the top of the list... simply because he is white, which makes his performance that much more impressive

[ QUOTE ]

well regardless of who got it last week, u should always consider austin at the top of the list... simply because he is white, which makes his performance that much more impressive

[/ QUOTE ]

I AM NOT BELIEVING YOU JUST SAID THAT.....I hope the moderators ban you from this forum. I do NOT believe you are a Richlands person......however, if it is so, every reader on this board ,PLEASE accept our apology.