Bradshaw with 3 tackles???

futbolking

it looks like they are going to work with him on the fumble thing...I think being in the same place as Tiki who had the same problem will buy him some time, he had a good preseason and I'm sure they are giving him the rookie benefit of the doubt.

• 2 weeks later...

Come on....it's one fumble...I don't see what the guy's personal life has to do with things either. He's said he's going to clean up his act, now give him the chance.

Im being honest i hope he does stick so that he can pay his child support. You said he is trying to clean up his act, so I have to ask, was it dirty. Is he so great just because he can play a little football. His child or children need support more than people from this area need a football hero to cheer for. Michael Vick is going to clean up his act too and now test positive for pot. Too many of these athletes wont change they just say it for pr reasons. Lets hope Bradshaw is sincere just dont put him on a throne because he made an NFL roster.

[ QUOTE ]

Come on....it's one fumble...I don't see what the guy's personal life has to do with things either. He's said he's going to clean up his act, now give him the chance.

Im being honest i hope he does stick so that he can pay his child support. You said he is trying to clean up his act, so I have to ask, was it dirty. Is he so great just because he can play a little football. His child or children need support more than people from this area need a football hero to cheer for. Michael Vick is going to clean up his act too and now test positive for pot. Too many of these athletes wont change they just say it for pr reasons. Lets hope Bradshaw is sincere just dont put him on a throne because he made an NFL roster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along with that, don't tear him down because he's on an NFL roster. That's a problem with today is everyone's quickness to not give a player the credit he's due because of what he's done in the past. You did a good job explaining circumstances that occur too often where athletes get into stuff they shouldn't, i.e., the current Michael Vick nonsense. But let Ahmad play, let those around here appreciate the work he's doing for himself and for our area, and let him live without the heckling from the peanut gallery that he really doesn't deserve.

Showing people of this area that: 1. you can get out of the southwest virginia area (if you so choose) by hard work and excelling in something and 2. doing it through sports, something that is mostly reserved for people from more urban areas such as, in virginia, northern virginia or the east coast (757).

It's the same as how well Heath Miller is doing (from Honaker, VA) and as Mike (?) Compton did (from Richlands, VA).

[ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what exactly is he doing for our area?

[/ QUOTE ]

give the guy time...he didn't exactly have a high bank roll going in to NY and he's only been there for a couple of months...plus how much do you think a 7th round draft pick makes a year?

Give the guy some time to get things settled...plus i'm sure he doesn't have much time to do anything other than football until the off season...he's in the middle of fighting for a job right now...unlike most of us who go to work every day, and know our jobs are fairly safe...Ahmad could be let go at any time...I'm sure that's all he's trying to focus on right now.

The kid's done well...give him a break on the negative crap already.

give the guy time...he didn't exactly have a high bank roll going in to NY and he's only been there for a couple of months...plus how much do you think a 7th round draft pick makes a year?

Give the guy some time to get things settled...plus i'm sure he doesn't have much time to do anything other than football until the off season...he's in the middle of fighting for a job right now...unlike most of us who go to work every day, and know our jobs are fairly safe...Ahmad could be let go at any time...I'm sure that's all he's trying to focus on right now.

--------------------

"I will repeat, you have to use what the moms and dads send you to use. If you get a turd, you can polish it every day and shine it every day, but no matter what it looks like, it still is a turd." - Olewave

What are you Lance, President of the Ahmad Bradshaw fan club. Sorry if you think my comments are so negative, if they are then blame Bradshaw because I simply spoke the truth. What did his college days consist of besides smoking weed and getting kicked out of UVA. Is that negativity or the truth, you decide. The league minimum in the NFL is what 275k or something. HMMM enough to support a kid. To quote you we have to use what our mom and dads give us, im curious, what do you use if your dad is a bum and dont give you anything. Answer: Take him to court and get what you deserve.

[ QUOTE ]

--------------------

"I will repeat, you have to use what the moms and dads send you to use. If you get a turd, you can polish it every day and shine it every day, but no matter what it looks like, it still is a turd." - Olewave

What are you Lance, President of the Ahmad Bradshaw fan club. Sorry if you think my comments are so negative, if they are then blame Bradshaw because I simply spoke the truth. What did his college days consist of besides smoking weed and getting kicked out of UVA. Is that negativity or the truth, you decide. The league minimum in the NFL is what 275k or something. HMMM enough to support a kid. To quote you we have to use what our mom and dads give us, im curious, what do you use if your dad is a bum and dont give you anything. Answer: Take him to court and get what you deserve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that's pretty unnecessary. The points you bring up are exactly what I was talking about. Yeah, he messed up at UVA, but judging ALL of his college career on that one event? Not only is that wrong factually, but also business that you have no place thinking you are a part of. Also, his college days were spent making Marshall a better football team because of his work ethic and will to win. Come on man. Give the guy credit where credit is due.

Show me an elite athlete that doesnt have a will to win. Is that supposed to make him special or something? If he has a great work ethic then why smoke dope? Did he spend his time in college working to help support his kid, working camps to better the youth, or out partying with his buds. Since you are a VT fan I guess Michael and Marcus are both justified too>

[ QUOTE ]

yeah problem is that it's been one fumble per game...and they have removed him from running back kicks now...

[/ QUOTE ]

He sprained his elbow the week before. May have something to do with him not returning kicks in addition to fumbles.

No, it doesn't justify his actions off the field at all. The minority of the players in the NFL, or NCAA for that matter, are going to be the ones who better the community rather than "party with their buds". I wish as much as you do that more players, including Bradshaw, would put their efforts toward bettering those around them instead of getting into the stereotypical college life. But, as we know, that isn't usually the case.

The point that I'm trying to convey is to take Ahmad, the Vicks, Chris Henry, Pacman, Jamal/Ray Lewis, etc. as the players they are (were) on the field. Other than that, the furthest you should go is a shake of the head in disapproval and a realization that their mistakes are under the scrutiny of the nation, unlike mine or yours.

well my point is this...it's his personal life...and i nor you..nor anyone else really knows what the whole deal is with that...so, just leave that out of your discussions...thats personal stuff between him and the mother of his kid...not something that is appropriate for public debate here.

Good call Lance! These guys on here have too much time on their hands to be able to sit around and worry about what "someone" else is doing. So what is the guy has a million kids running around. He is doing what he can to take care of them. I happen to know that for a fact, NO IM NOT ONE OF HIS KIDS, but I do know him personally growing up in the same neighborhood with him. I know of atleast one of his kids that are well taken care of. You guys need to stay out of his business and worry about yourselves. Ahmad is a great football player, no he isnt ready for the pros yet, but give it time. Michael Vick wasnt ready for the pros when he got drafted either and look how well he did until he started getting into trouble with the law. There isnt an NFL running back, receiver, QB, or anyone else that touches the ball that doesnt fumble. Its a part of the game. The Giants will take care of him like they did Tiki Barber and he will get his shot back in the lineup again. Who knows, he may be starting SOMEWHERE in the near future.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the types of people who will be in line asking for an autograph next time he comes in town.

[ QUOTE ]

What did his college days consist of besides smoking weed and getting kicked out of UVA.

[/ QUOTE ] Technically he was never enrolled at UVA so how could he have gotten kicked out? He signed a letter of Intent to UVA but never enrolled that Fall semester.. and why are you dogging him so bad? Atleast he did something with his life.. Congrats To Ahmad..

I was just going by what his biography said..

"Ahmad Bradshaw originally signed to play football at the University of Virginia, but never enrolled for the fall semester"

thats besides the point, the point is he's a good football player who worked hard enough to make it to the nfl, so why dog him?

[ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ. The enrollment is finalized in mid-June. His disciplinary troubles came after the second day of practice in early August. Take it from someone who went there.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was not enrolled because he still hadn't been cleared by the Admissions Office (accepted) at UVA thus the reason he was eligible at Marshall (a D1 school) that same year. Practice had not started yet, it happened in late July.

Take it from someone who didn't want to go there...