New field house for Graham

brokenhalo

Yeah Graham needs a new field house. Along with a new field that they don't have to pay rent on. Oh but Yeah I don't think graham needs a new field house since we don't have one of our own.

I think the possiblilty of a field + fieldhouse be feasible. I mean they have a field already, behind the middle school just build the home stands on the side of the hill and build the visitor stands with the back facing the middle school.

[ QUOTE ]

Is Graham getting a new field house? After the recent diagnoses of MRSA among the football team, wouldn't it be fair to say Graham deserves a new athletic facility just as much as Richland did?

[/ QUOTE ]How do you know they have MRSA and do you play football for them?

[ QUOTE ]

I think the possiblilty of a field + fieldhouse be feasible. I mean they have a field already, behind the middle school just build the home stands on the side of the hill and build the visitor stands with the back facing the middle school.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wouldn't cost too much haha. nah i think that ill stick with the turf cuz god knows how long it would take graham to get turf at the middle school field, although it would be nice to have our OWN field.

Doesn't say exactly where but the Kingsport paper said there are reports being investigated in the Cumberland Plateau Health Districts. A third case has been confirmed in the Lenowisco Health district (Lee, Wise, Scott, City of Norton) to go along with the two in Appy, making it a "outbreak" status. Apparently two in the Cumberland Plateau district are in Dickenson County and another in Tazewell from what I gather, but they don't say where in Tazewell County.

Here's the link to yesterday's Kingsport Times newspaper article.....

http://timesnews.net/article.php?id=9003070

Where is the parking at GMS. It is overflowing there for the biggest event held there, GHS graduation. They have to bus people from the high school.

Also, you would still need a field house, dressing rooms, concessions, bleachers etc. In all still a $3-5 million investment.

The Board of Supervisors would never authorize that kind of debt when there are more pressing needs in the school system.

I know the schools in pike county who have turf, have traced the infections back to the turf. Where it stays so hot on the turf, the staph grows at a rapid rate. They are having to go up and down the field with anti fungus agents to kill the staph from the field. Maybe they are picking up the infections from the turf at Mitchell. Have they been disinfecting the turf at Mitchell Stadium?

My suggestion, even though it would cost a lot is, since the town of bluefield is soon to develope over 1,000 acres next to the middle school why not have a new satdium all together and play the big games such as graham v. beaver at michell still

[ QUOTE ]

since the town of bluefield is soon to develope over 1,000 acres next to the middle school

[/ QUOTE ]

Never going to happen...the key to the development was getting Bluefield Regional Medical Center to relocate to that property and that fell through...someone paid several million $$$$s for a cowpasture...

Last I heard, Leatherwood Co. still owns all of that land. I would be surprised if a for profit company wants to foot the bill for a stadium.

As for BRMC, have there been any moves to relocate anything since the Surgery Center was finished?

The development of the Leatherwood property at this point is a pipe dream. Dirt was to be moving for a year now. Won't happen. I'm with Gman on this. It's going to stay a cow pasture. There's no market for 50+ doctor's offices, 200 homesites, and retail office space,etc.

Regarding Graham having their own field, there has been ample debate on the issue. First of all is the cost of a stadium. Second, is the taxes on that stadium. Third, is the insurance including liability on the stadium. Fourth, is the maintenance costs and labor asssociated with stadium. Fifth, is the security necessary for the games. Sixth, is the fact of cleaning up after those games. For the cost of 30K a year to the TCSB, It sounds like a steal to me. Not to throw in the new turf.