Great game, G-Men

RichlandsAlum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No knocks on Richlands. Mance said a mouthful in the BDT when he stated that Graham had lost to some good teams. The preparation was tough for four weeks now, but the G-Men made lemonade out of lemons tonight. Just another step in building a good season for the G-Men. Congratulations to the players and hat's off to the staff for having them prepared. One thing that's always remembered as much as a streak is who broke it.

Strength of non-district schedule does matter. Your record might suffer but it sure makes you prepared for your district games. I picked Graham in the pick'em because of who they've played vs the run through the single A ranks. Congratulations!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands did have 2 close calls the past 2 weeks. Might have been an omen.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree...now time to re-group. I listened to the game and it sounded like a typical Graham-Richlands slugfest. Lots of hard hitting. Not a lot of penalties either. Hats off to the Graham G-men...Congratulations to a better team tonight.

I'd picked Richlands to win big like alot of other folks, but for some reason I wasn't shocked when I heard about this one. Huge win for Graham, gives them a golden opportunity to turn their year around.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree...now time to re-group. I listened to the game and it sounded like a typical Graham-Richlands slugfest. Lots of hard hitting. Not a lot of penalties either. Hats off to the Graham G-men...Congratulations to a better team tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the hitting came from the maroon side of the ball. Not to belittle anyone but Richlands just isn't hitting anyone. Wicks had a couple of good shots but arm takling just doesn't get it done when they're running the ball down your throught.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I agree...now time to re-group. I listened to the game and it sounded like a typical Graham-Richlands slugfest. Lots of hard hitting. Not a lot of penalties either. Hats off to the Graham G-men...Congratulations to a better team tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the hitting came from the maroon side of the ball. Not to belittle anyone but Richlands just isn't hitting anyone. Wicks had a couple of good shots but arm takling just doesn't get it done when they're running the ball down your throught.

[/ QUOTE ] I didn't see the game, but it sounded like Graham just wore the Blues down. The G-men were bigger and more physical for sure, and that's their brand of football...also, it was a game riddled with mistakes for Richlands. Too many missed opportunities, and Graham took advantage of the mistakes. Graham sounded like champions tonight, and I believe they wanted it more.

It's times like this that it kills me to be away, because I know I missed a classic game, one that might be remembered among the greatest games in G-Men history. From an Graham alum, I'd like to wish the team congratulations on what was surely an impressive effort. This game is likely to be a turning point in what has been a rough season to date. Celebrate, G-Men; you certainly deserve it.

Wow, first of all, congrats to Graham. Second of all, i can't say enough about the class that Richlands is showing (on these forums) regarding their loss to Graham. After that whole BigD thing, I kind of had a different view of Richlands fans, but you all have proven that negative view wrong. This is what sport is about. The ability to make a point then prove it on the field shows that the majority of people in swva are logical and civic. Good luck richlands, good luck graham.

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, first of all, congrats to Graham. Second of all, i can't say enough about the class that Richlands is showing (on these forums) regarding their loss to Graham. After that whole BigD thing, I kind of had a different view of Richlands fans, but you all have proven that negative view wrong. This is what sport is about. The ability to make a point then prove it on the field shows that the majority of people in swva are logical and civic. Good luck richlands, good luck graham.

[/ QUOTE ]

Contrary to popular beleif we are not all a-holes. We have pride in our team, and to be honest we are all shocked. But we are greatfull that we have a great team to support. Sure it is tough to swallow, but it was a great game, and Im personally happy that it was a district team that broke the streak because we all know SWD is the best district around and our district games are always exciting. Graham will win alot more games, and so will Richalnds. I just hope we get to see a rematch! Good luck Gmen in the rest of the season!

I, too, would like to congratulate Graham on their victory. Best of luck to you the rest of the season.

More importantly, I would like to give a standing ovation to our Big Blues. They go out there every week and make us proud. They go out there every week and give 110%. Tonight is no exception. Sometimes you take a fall - you shake it off and get back up again. We LOVE our Blues and are very proud of them!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have said many times before, I've met and know some great people from Richlands...they aren't all bad...just a case of a few bad apples...

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats g-men on the victory... wonder what's being said on the blues personal message board tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what they are saying but it sounds like that board has been invaded by a bunch of crickets....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats g-men on the victory... wonder what's being said on the blues personal message board tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what they are saying but it sounds like that board has been invaded by a bunch of crickets....

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too busy eating some crow on that side of Tazewell County today. Their reality check bounced.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably too busy eating some crow on that side of Tazewell County today. Their reality check bounced.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you all want us to say? Its like you want us to come one here and bash Graham and say we sould have won the game. Ill tell what is being said on the "other board" here are a few posts.

-G-men came and they were ready.

Our boys need to stay focused and be ready for next week.

I am very proud of the BLUES...what a run, 33!

Regroup boys, show us what you got!

-you are right. Graham was ready and was the bettr team last night.

No need for the team to get down, you can't win everytime. The problem is that is what has become expected for the team and from the fans. There were some fans being jerks last night and there was no cause for it. You win some, you lose some. The point is, the fans should support the team no matter what.

So what if you have lost one game in the last 34 regular season games. The blues have a great team, just need to gel a little more.

Good luck next week Blues.

Its the same exact things that is being posted on this board. There has not been one negative post on either. We lost...so what, it happens. We all knew it would eventually. Graham played great and beat us... it is that simple.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It's comments like this that create hate between the two schools. Absolutely classless. Everyone I know on the Richlands side has had nothing but good things to say about an absolutely great football game between two "warriors" on the football field. I am proud of the Graham G-Men for their victory, and I wish you all well for the remainder of the season. Maybe we will meet again, and if we do it will be another awesome football game. Both sides played their hearts out, and nobody is "eating crow"...we're supporting our team in defeat just as we did in victory.

I thought you were from pocha?

Scoring Summary

R - Davis 5 pass from Elswick (Fajardo)

G – Tyler Barreras 3 run (run failed)

G – Marrs 1 run (pass failed)

G – Marrs 1 run (pass failed)

R – Fuller 2 run (pass failed)

Team Stats

First Downs: Gra 12, Ric 15; Rushes-Yards: Gra 49-158, Ric 23-76; Passing Yards: Gra 82, Ric 170; Comp-Att-Int: Gra 6-11-1, Ric 19-40-2; Fumbles-Lost: Gra 1-0, Ric 3-2; Penalties-Yards: Gra 7-48, Ric 2-5; Punts-Average: Gra 6-29, Ric 0-0.