Great game, G-Men

RichlandsAlum

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to take this time to say I was impressed by the Gmen last night but after seeing them play that game all i can say is WOW that is one heck of a ball team you guys have up that way. Looking foward to seeing you guys in the playoffs maybe anyway. I wish you guys the best of luck for the rest of the reg. season. That game last night was SWD football at its best hard hitting bust you in the mouth type of game. Now all graham has to do is win the SWD title to finaly take away the so called throne from the Tornadoes. And As for the blues in order to defend the title all you have to do is win every district game from here on out one game at a time and also pull for any district team playing against the Gmen haha. Anyway heck of a game and Congrats on the win.

[ QUOTE ]

I have been to see both teams play, and Graham must have played way above their heads and Richlands way below their capabilities! That game should have never been close.

[/ QUOTE ]Graham came to play last night..and we didnt..so yeah tazwell better be ready cause we are comin

I have a question for some richlands fans. On the "other board" they are doing a tribute to Richlands or something like that and they said players were crying and all that?

Why is this? I understand it was a hard fought game and they ended up losing it, But its not like it was a championship game or anything. Ofcourse a loss sucks reguardless of who it was against but I look for richlands to win the SWD and go on from there.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, Im just wondering why some people are taking this loss so seriously?

[ QUOTE ]

I have a question for some richlands fans. On the "other board" they are doing a tribute to Richlands or something like that and they said players were crying and all that?

Why is this? I understand it was a hard fought game and they ended up losing it, But its not like it was a championship game or anything. Ofcourse a loss sucks reguardless of who it was against but I look for richlands to win the SWD and go on from there.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, Im just wondering why some people are taking this loss so seriously?

[/ QUOTE ] Uhhhhhhhh...could it be because the 33 game winning streak came to an end???? Just a WILD GUESS!!! Good grief!

Well I would say it has something to do with the fact that Richlands had not lost a game in a long long time and these kids probably feal as if they had lost the championship and let the town down by not carrying on the win streak. Some of these kids had never lost a game and they have seen the guys that have played basicly no offence to any other team but they pretty much ran over just about everyone they played. Basicly what im trying to say is they feal as if they didnt go out and win everygame that they had tarnished the Richlands record. But that isnt true they made me proud last night they just got outplayed by a very good graham team.

i like how yall call graham a good football team now because they beat yall. last week it was a whole different story. Graham isnt that good of a team so that means yall arent that good. after fuller leaves yall will have good coaches but will go back to the old days of winning 7 or 8 games a year just because yalls schdule is weak

[ QUOTE ]

i like how yall call graham a good football team now because they beat yall. last week it was a whole different story. Graham isnt that good of a team so that means yall arent that good. after fuller leaves yall will have good coaches but will go back to the old days of winning 7 or 8 games a year just because yalls schdule is weak

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed gman fan07 everybody was doubting graham including richlands, you guys went into the game and were like its graham we have fuller theres no way they will win. well graham had more heart. and a better defensive game. all of the barraras's had a good game, # 15 did good, and grahams cornerbacks didnt let fuller do anything with the ball. I give credit to Aj jeffers who covered fuller the whole game. Tyler barrars (player of the game) was outstanding, carrying 3 guys into the endzone after one of the scott brothers pitched him the ball, oh and thats not it he also had a 47 yard run(play of the game). Him and his brothers were all over the field. Johnathan breswster had a good game also. I also would like everyone to recgonize dave mars doing excellent as a qb for graham. but richlands also had there strong points fuller did good when jeffers wasnt guarding him. they did good on there screens. some of the things they need to do is improve the line, tony and casi barraras were in the qbs face every play, need a better center, go to fuller a little more, and quit making it obvious when fuller is at qb( everyone knew it was a sneak). Grahams improvements would be- quit going to the middle every play, pass a little more, run a few screens to tank(tyler b.), and if you do run go to the outside. overall good game, but the better team came out on top, the team with more heart

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have been to see both teams play, and Graham must have played way above their heads and Richlands way below their capabilities! That game should have never been close.

[/ QUOTE ]Graham came to play last night..and we didnt..so yeah tazwell better be ready cause we are comin

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure you will be ready? Do you play? If so get ready and come on. I myself do not play anymore, so there is no real need for me to get ready. I got way to many other things going on to worry about that right now. Good luck to both teams on friday night, I hope my dawgs can pull one off.

[ QUOTE ]

cant give a good team credit?? maybe its just Graham has been playing well below what they are capable of?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said graham wasnt a good team. They just had to have played well above their heads. Anybody who knows anything about football knows that is a good thing. No disrespect to either team. Geeezzzz some of you babies are so easy to rile up!

agreed gman fan07 everybody was doubting graham including richlands, you guys went into the game and were like its graham we have fuller theres no way they will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are gonna be hard pressed to find someone that is not going to doubt a team that is 1-3 vs. a team that had the longest winning streak in the state of Virgina.

congrats to graham on beating richlands. there is no way taz has a chance. get ready for baseball guys-you might win a few on the diamond. this is a wide open district this year it could come down to g-men at a-town. what do you guys think?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I agree...now time to re-group. I listened to the game and it sounded like a typical Graham-Richlands slugfest. Lots of hard hitting. Not a lot of penalties either. Hats off to the Graham G-men...Congratulations to a better team tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the hitting came from the maroon side of the ball. Not to belittle anyone but Richlands just isn't hitting anyone. Wicks had a couple of good shots but arm takling just doesn't get it done when they're running the ball down your throught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wicks had a couple of good shots but arm takling just doesn't get it done when they're running the ball down your throught.

10 1/2 tackles that is not arm tackling.

Congrats G-MEN.

[ QUOTE ]

congrats to graham on beating richlands. there is no way taz has a chance. get ready for baseball guys-you might win a few on the diamond. this is a wide open district this year it could come down to g-men at a-town. what do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Abingdon is the only threat right now to take the SWD title from the G-Men.but if we can beat a great team like Richlands in their backyard,i have to say we have a chance at Abingdon's house also.but theres 3 teams on Graham's schedule before Abingdon and we gotta worry about beating them first.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That game should have never been close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, when Tazewell plays Richlands it won't be...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree gman. All I am saying is that Graham played way above their heads. Good lord, I thought you knew a little about football. You do not agree with the fact that the Gmen played above their heads?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree gman. All I am saying is that Graham played way above their heads. Good lord, I thought you knew a little about football. You do not agree with the fact that the Gmen played above their heads?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They played to their potential.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. They played to their potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

which judging by their previous performances......was way above their heads? Correct?

tid bit u need to shut ur mouth no one asked u to come on here and rip the G-men we didn't play above our heads we played with heart just like the richlands did and for the record thanks but no thanks on the congrats because remember graham will be lucky to win 2 or 3 games this year remember that one guys yea no thanks

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its mostly because they havnt lost since Turner Ashby close to 2 years ago. Most of the starters now were fresmen and sophmores. They didnt play, so this is their first true loss that they played. I talked to most of them and they arent mad at graham, they are mad at themselves. Godd job, Graham. Cant wait for a re-match.

[ QUOTE ]

tid bit u need to shut ur mouth no one asked u to come on here and rip the G-men we didn't play above our heads we played with heart just like the richlands did and for the record thanks but no thanks on the congrats because remember graham will be lucky to win 2 or 3 games this year remember that one guys yea no thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all no one had to ask me because this is a public forum for all to make comments and give their point of view. Second, I never said Graham would be lucky to win 2 or 3 games. Third, I have never disrespected this Graham team, I only said they played over their previous (apparent) capabilities. That is a good thing guys!!!!! Playing over your head is what football is about, that shows heart, courage, and determination!!! Good lord man I hope this clarifys things for you guys! I know that both Richlands and Graham have long standing traditions and are known for playing tough football, but you cant tell me that most people weren't shocked by the outcome of that game! Great job gmen, and thats all I got to say about that.