Beavers start season 4-0

Bogeavers

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Shake and Bake Would you like to have the Chicken Shaked as in 06 at Mitchell ? Chamar? Shott?.,or Baked as in 07 at The H.C. Comer Complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he likes the fact that Bluefield pretty much always slams the door to a state title in Lindside and JM's chance to go to Wheeling.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Shake and Bake Would you like to have the Chicken Shaked as in 06 at Mitchell ? Chamar? Shott?.,or Baked as in 07 at The H.C. Comer Complex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he likes the fact that Bluefield pretty much always slams the door to a state title in Lindside and JM's chance to go to Wheeling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of James Monroe's 13 football seasons, they've made it to the playoffs nine of those 13 times. Of those 9 times, only twice has Bluefield been the one to stop them. So I would hardly call that as Bluefield "pretty much always slamming the door to Wheeling".

As for the "retarded offense" comment by Bogeavers, here's what one poster on tristatepreps had to say about that "retarded offense" in the "James Monroe 55 Scott 32" thread:

"In my 13 years (and four states) as a sportswriter, James Monroe's offensive line easily is one of the best that I have seen. I have seen bigger lines. I have seen quicker lines. I have seen stronger lines. But they have enough of it all, along with a discipline and an execution that is seldom seen at this level, that puts them above most I have seen. They were flat-out dominant and I couldn't have been more impressed. Two of my buddies went with me and we couldn't believe how crisp and smooth they were. Did they have any holding, false start or illegal procedure calls? I can't remember any and that says a lot. I know Wayne and Bluefield and Berkeley Springs are the talk of Class AA and deservedly so. But, in my humble opinion, the fundamentally sound Mavericks just might win it all this year. They are THAT good."

So that's one view outside of Gobeavers' view. There's still too much football to be played between now and the Bluefield game. I'll worry about the Bluefield game when that day in October rolls around.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like the have a state championship ring? Hell even a trip to the state championship would be good to you Mav fans. It must make you mad to always get that close to Wheeling and lose...I understand....wait...not I don't. You maybe should play some quality oppenents in the regular season so you don't get your a$$es stomped in the playoffs? How does that sound?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like the have a state championship ring? Hell even a trip to the state championship would be good to you Mav fans. It must make you mad to always get that close to Wheeling and lose...I understand....wait...not I don't. You maybe should play some quality oppenents in the regular season so you don't get your a$$es stomped in the playoffs? How does that sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one question -- were you born a jerk or did this come about from all your years of being a Bluefield fan?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of James Monroe's 13 football seasons, they've made it to the playoffs nine of those 13 times. Of those 9 times, only twice has Bluefield been the one to stop them. So I would hardly call that as Bluefield "pretty much always slamming the door to Wheeling".

As for the "retarded offense" comment by Bogeavers, here's what one poster on tristatepreps had to say about that "retarded offense" in the "James Monroe 55 Scott 32" thread:

"In my 13 years (and four states) as a sportswriter, James Monroe's offensive line easily is one of the best that I have seen. I have seen bigger lines. I have seen quicker lines. I have seen stronger lines. But they have enough of it all, along with a discipline and an execution that is seldom seen at this level, that puts them above most I have seen. They were flat-out dominant and I couldn't have been more impressed. Two of my buddies went with me and we couldn't believe how crisp and smooth they were. Did they have any holding, false start or illegal procedure calls? I can't remember any and that says a lot. I know Wayne and Bluefield and Berkeley Springs are the talk of Class AA and deservedly so. But, in my humble opinion, the fundamentally sound Mavericks just might win it all this year. They are THAT good."

So that's one view outside of Gobeavers' view. There's still too much football to be played between now and the Bluefield game. I'll worry about the Bluefield game when that day in October rolls around.

[/ QUOTE ]

From an outsider's point of view with the talent and ranking that James Monroe has had the last couple of years they should always be picked to go all the way. The only reason I called it retarded is because in last year's game, the "quarterback" and center moved before every play and there was never a whistle. The refs must feel bad for the team that can't pass, so they let them move a little early.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one question -- were you born a jerk or did this come about from all your years of being a Bluefield fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

It comes from you being a jerk with your answer to my post. I was just saying that it was going to be a good game come this fall when the two teams play. You went too far with it, so I responded.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It comes from you being a jerk with your answer to my post. I was just saying that it was going to be a good game come this fall when the two teams play. You went too far with it, so I responded.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't me. Go back and look.

[ QUOTE ]

Out of James Monroe's 13 football seasons, they've made it to the playoffs nine of those 13 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, James Monroe has made the WV Class AA playoffs NINE times and has yet to see Wheeling Island Stadium...interesting...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't me. Go back and look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. I am sorry about the one man. I really am...but the only reason I said that was because the way the other guy answered my post. Nothing else.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Out of James Monroe's 13 football seasons, they've made it to the playoffs nine of those 13 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, James Monroe has made the WV Class AA playoffs NINE times and has yet to see Wheeling Island Stadium...interesting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you G-man.

How about we all start acting like people capable of carrying on adult conversations instead of immature children. The Bluefield/James Monroe crap got old four years ago. Why must it be rehashed over and over again? And individuals from both sides are responsible, it isn't one side more than the other. James Monroe has made strides to improve their schedule in recent years. Yes, they still play teams such as Narrows and PikeView, which they have no business playing. However, they've upgraded in other aspects and unlike the previous coach, the current coach has a set and is a respectable coach.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you G-man.

[/ QUOTE ]

It hasn't been as easy ride. Yes, it's unfortunate. Nine times and no trip to Wheeling. It's a killer. But maybe one of these days. Just gotta keep trying.

Okay. I am going to stop my crap talking. Truth is, we are talking about 2 of the best teams in AA in WV. One that has had a great past in the playoffs and one that has hit some tough opponents in the past. I just don't like James Monroe's offense because...honestly...it is the hardest to stop. I am not going to lie on that one. Yall can call me a loser and whatever, but I swear last year the "quarterback" and center moved a lot before the play. I just wished they would call that instead of letting it go. I am sorry to all those Mav fans that I offended with my comments. I wish the best of luck to both teams throughout this season. I am really really looking forward to seeing them matchup. A great offense against a great defense....couldn't ask for a better match up at the end of the regular season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you G-man.

[/ QUOTE ]

It hasn't been as easy ride. Yes, it's unfortunate. Nine times and no trip to Wheeling. It's a killer. But maybe one of these days. Just gotta keep trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing a stronger regular season schedule is a good start to making it there.

Cupcakes will make you fat enough to get into the playoffs but meat and potatoes will have you feasting on the Island...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you G-man.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cupcakes will make you fat enough to get into the playoffs but meat and potatoes will have you feasting on the Island...

[/ QUOTE ]

That was something that I was saying in my original post. They don't really play a terribly tough schedule every year. Bluefield is in the easy portion of their schedule right now. In a few weeks it gets a lot tougher, with JM being one of those opponents. I agree with G-man that it gets you a high rating going into the playoffs, but once you hit a tough team, you don't know how to face them.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. And James Monroe has made big improvements in that area. In all fairness to James Monroe early on, they were still carrying scheduling residue from all the many years prior to James Monroe when Peterstown and Union were Single A. It's taken a little while to get the schedule thing worked out.

Once again more proof that if I say anything with James Monroe and Bluefield in the same thread, this is the result.

Like it or not, as differnet as they are in their schemes and personnel, The Mavericks and Beavers are very evenly matched just like the last 2 years. If they played eachother 10 times this year, the series might very well split 5-5.

Either one of these temas will need alot of help from the other to "win big". Most likely, it will be a one-2 score game when these 2 play, whether it's once or twice. Anyone who thinks differenlty knows absolutely nothing about either team.

Wow this is good fun. My team is better than you're team nahnahnahnah na. Good interesting tidbits and idiosyncrasies have come out here. We only have 10-14 games to enjoy together lets make the best of this. Keep on supporting you're home team. Mavs all the way.