Staph infection strikes again!!!

plooolt

i had it at the beginning of the season i got a real small cut on the bottom of my fingernail on that skin during 2-a-days and i mean i didn't really think about it, it was just a small cut and a week or two later it was infected under my fingernail and one night after practice i had a 105 fever...i got on antibiotics but the fever lasted for 2-3 days, couldn't eat or drink w/out throwing everything up...even water (i guess that mightve been from the medicine but still) i basically slept 2 days straight cuz it was all i could do and.... i lost 15-20 pounds... it was miserable

[ QUOTE ]

Staph is everywhere it seems. I have a son in 8th grade and a couple of players on his team have had it within the last two weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Staph IS everywhere. It's on everyone of you right now! NO JOKE. it's the natural bacteria on your skin. But what the problem is, is that the staph they are referring to is probably Methicillin Resistant. (MRSA) If you or anyone you know gets a cut, scrap, or any type of wound and it seems to grow rather quickly, get it checked out.

This isnt a new thing though, its good its gettin everyones attention but our games sure werent cancelled or practice when me and about8 others had it back in 05' at Richlands. I think we got it from Marion tho, cause i got it over the weekend and so did the rest, we played Marion Friday and i had it the next day, cold water and nasty changing rooms over there is wat i thought but i could be wrong on that.