mt. view/ graham

Scott

before you guys start bashing me.. this is copied and pasted from Topix.net I also listened to this game on that station on my way home from work. but anyways..here's what the guy wrote. "Ok if your reading this then you must think it's going to be a Mt. View Fan talking junk because they lost. Well you have the fan part right but I'm a Graham G-Men fan but the part of talking just because Mt. View lost well you got that part right.

I couldn't go to the game tonight so I was listening to it on Kicks Country. All through the game I'm listening to these little remarks they are making about Mt. View. How the score should be 30-0 at this point in G-Mens favor of course. As I'm sitting and listening to this I was thinking to myself I hope no Mt. View fan is hearing this.(Of course I knew they were) See I've always went to the games and never heard the announcers. I was embarrassed to be a Graham fan after hearing this. Just when I was about ready to turn them off with the score 20-18 and a very good game in the 4th, I heard them say they think Graham didn't convert on the 4th & 2. What? Am I hearing these two men correctly. Are they saying that Mt. View held the G-Men. So I couldn't turn them off now. They are measuring. Of course no surprise they got the first down on the field. Then I hear the announcer say they looked at it again on 59News who was there filming the game and Graham didn't get the first but when the ball was spotted it was moved about 2yards forward. What am I hearing? They are saying that the refs moved the ball up. Well at this point I'm all into the game and don't turn it off even though I was celebrating that the G-Men have this with the first down.

Oh but wait Graham fumbles ok I'm waiting to hear who recovers the fumble still waiting thinking to myself.(G-Men) nope it's the View that recovers. Well I'm on pins and needles wishing I was there. Ok Graham don't let them score. Oh wait again the announcer say the Refs said he was down when the ball came out so it's still Graham's ball. The announcers are not agreeing this time. They said it should have been Mt. View's ball. So once again while penalties are happened over an upset Mt. View player throwing their helmet they get 59News to show them a replay of the fumble. Ok before I get to excited I want to hear the result of the replay. Ok it shows clearly that it was a fumble recovered by the View. I don't know if they could have scored or not but now because of Refs that I'm sure knows the truth took the chance away from them we will never know. Like I said I'm all for Graham and as bad as I hate to say it I was one of the people who said they would kill Mt. View tonight. I'M SORRY & I'm a person who will admit when I'm wrong. I live in Bluefield and have family that goes to GHS. I also like Princeton and the Knights. I just want to take my hat off to all the Knights. The fans, players, coaches and all who came to this game and watch with all the confidence that they could win. You did win. You may not get the win on the field and now we all know why, but you gained alot of respect from me and other schools who always count you out. Congratulations You Played a Hell Of A Game. Also to C. High don't ever stop running boy you have a gift. We love to watch you and the always underdog Knights play. Mt. View Golden Knights you came out on top of this one. "

I happened to be at the game, and never saw the officials checking with camera crews. If you have followed comments on this board you know that the announcers on the Graham broadcasts are pathetic. They consistently make inane comments that make no sense.

As for the "fumble," had the announcers been watching the play, they would have seen that the official had blown the play down before the ball came out, even though he let two Mt. View players and a Graham player wrestle for the ball right in front of him.

The things I found strange were the officials would delay getting the ball ready for play in the 4th quarter. It took them about five minutes to get the ball in play after an out of bounds kickoff following Graham's final touchdown. Mt. View's final timeout after they scored their last TD lasted 2-3 minutes.

As for the penalty against the Mt. View player late in the game; he was called for a late hit, and then threw a tantrum.

The other odd call was for the injured Mt View player in the last 2 minutes. The guy was 20 yards away from the play and went down while Graham was huddling for the next play.

As a Graham fan, I have found it less painful to not listen to the game on the radio, and just wait for online updates, when I can't get to the game.

Actually, the announcers in the radio booth did check with the 59 News guys...but it wasn't on the fumble. It was on the 2-pt. conversion attempt after Graham's third TD. To them, and take this with a "grain of salt" since these idiots have absolutely NO CLUE what they are talking about, it looked like the Graham player had gotten into the endzone. But after the announcers got to review the film, they were able to see the player clearly went out at the one and the officials ruled the play correctly and the attempt was no good.

As for the Kicks Country announcers, I've said it for years...these guys are ridiculous. They don't have a clue about football, or broadcasting/announcing a game. They "add" way too much to what actually is taking place on the field and throw in things that are taking place in the stands. You'll hear them get all excited about a play and you'll be thinking that someone has scored or at least made a big play, and then they'll turn right around and tell you that it was a gain of three or an incomplete pass. WTF??? I only want to know what ACTUALLY happened on the play...

"Marrs takes the snap, hands to Scott off left tackle, he's out across the 30 yard line for a gain of three, 2nd and 7 G-Men with 11:33 left in the first quarter."

ITS THAT SIMPLE!!!

I don't want to about the lady sitting below who has been to the concession stand six times and your still in the first quarter, or that you haven't eaten all day and those nachos look good, or that she has cheese all over her face, or that the rent-a-cop's shoe is untied. WHO CARES?!

If you ever attend one of Graham's games, take along your radio and listen to these bums, watch the game for yourself, and then try to figure out just what game these bozos are watching. Its true, they are the WORST radio team you will find anywhere. I only wish Kicks Country would realize that they are losing listeners because of this.

on the fourth down play, it was right in front of me and i thought he was at least a yard short.

Ref's are not always consistant,- they use best judgement and sometime its hard to tell where a ball should

be spotted { did his knee hit first or the ball, which could be 2 yard difference]

the speed of some of these players, ref's cant keep up

On another play the ref was hit as receiver crossed goal line, receiver hit the pylon, which is part of endzone, the other ref's checked out the injured ref before they said he was not in. This also happened in richlands where the reciever hit the pylon but said he was short

i dont even listen to the radio.baker has no clue.he needs to stick to preaching.i usally listen to pre and post game,but not game.i listen to other area games i can pick up.because if im watching graham play i dont need to listen to the game too.

Unfortunately, I don't live in Bluefield anymore and I don't have the luxury of seeing the G-Men play. I hear them get all excited like Graham has ran for a 108 yard touchdown or something...then hear..."gain of 2 on the play". They are so biased, it is ridiculous. You can't tell what's going on in the game...every play, it goes eomething like....Marrs with the snap...hands off to Barreras...check that, he kept the ball....No....it was Brewster with the carry...He's still running...OH MY GOSH!!! DId you see that!!!!...gain of 2 on the play. Man, those nachos look good.

[ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, I don't live in Bluefield anymore and I don't have the luxury of seeing the G-Men play. I hear them get all excited like Graham has ran for a 108 yard touchdown or something...then hear..."gain of 2 on the play". They are so biased, it is ridiculous. You can't tell what's going on in the game...every play, it goes eomething like....Marrs with the snap...hands off to Barreras...check that, he kept the ball....No....it was Brewster with the carry...He's still running...OH MY GOSH!!! DId you see that!!!!...gain of 2 on the play. Man, those nachos look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

they dont know jack.hell i would announce the damn games for free.they can keep their nachos.i bet everyone listening would know who was winning.and what formations their passing or running out of,whos got the ball,which player had the ball.and not the fat lady choking on the hotdog crap.lol

[ QUOTE ]

Am I correct in saying these are the same announcers who said last night that MHS should take their lights down and stick to saturday games?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were listenting to the Graham game on 106.3...then, yep, that was them....

Guest JJBrickface

I listened to the Graham Richlands game on the radio and the announcers really were horrible. You had no clue what was going on. The Bluefield announcers aren't much better.

[ QUOTE ]

I listened to the Graham Richlands game on the radio and the announcers really were horrible. You had no clue what was going on. The Bluefield announcers aren't much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

We folks in Richlands luv "our guys".....Ron and gang, Dave and Rocky. Each station brings its own style....that's what makes the world go around.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least with Bluefield's announcers you know what's going on...

During the Mount View - Graham game this past Friday night I actually heard the announcers say "they have two tight ends on the left side" must have been one helluva formation is all I can figure.

Those guys are clueless to say the least.