Question for Bluefield fans?

Ryan4VT

[ QUOTE ]

Thats what i thought. Thank you. Is that a made up color? Like one that you guys have specially for you guys?

[/ QUOTE ]its just royal blue- they started callin it chmara blue the year after i graduated in honor of the passing of the legendary john chmara, the beavers wore it many times that year including the comeback win over weir and the thrashing of wayne in the title game

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Ryan4VT i know your big into football and stuff but please dont make fun of the chmara blue. It means a lot to me and a lot of former players, coaches, and fans.

I know you have a lot of passion for richlands football, as did i when i was going to bluefield high, and still do now.

Just give coach Chmara some respect. thats all i ask. thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

Ryan4VT i know your big into football and stuff but please dont make fun of the chmara blue. It means a lot to me and a lot of former players, coaches, and fans.

I know you have a lot of passion for richlands football, as did i when i was going to bluefield high, and still do now.

Just give coach Chmara some respect. thats all i ask. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

He really wasn't making fun of the color. He was asking if it was a special color mixed for the Beaver uniform. At least that's my take on it.

I agree. I dont think he was making fun. He was simply asking why we had that color and such

Basically after his missed that FG to tie the game with us the coach ran over and started talking major crap to him for missing the kick. Then other players ran over to break them up, then the cops. and he pushed one of bluefields finest and then it was on. The coach was put in jail

[ QUOTE ]

I agree. I dont think he was making fun. He was simply asking why we had that color and such

Basically after his missed that FG to tie the game with us the coach ran over and started talking major crap to him for missing the kick. Then other players ran over to break them up, then the cops. and he pushed one of bluefields finest and then it was on. The coach was put in jail

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the extra point that the kicker missed in overtime. Weir had just scored in first OT and the XP was shanked wide left.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I was in no way trying to make fun of the color. I love that blue and I was wondering where it came from and such. Im sorry if I offended you in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just thought you might and i didnt want anymore trouble and tension than there already is gonna be...

im glad to know your interested about the blue though...

[ QUOTE ]

The traditional school colors are maroon and white but over the years a little blue and a touch of silver have been added but I believe the official colors are maroon and white.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Cardinal, not maroon.

and the blue was first introduced in the 60's. I think the '67 championship year Beaver had blue jerseys. This years blue matches the 60's blue. The Chmara blue of '04 is one of a kind.

also Beaver has worn tan colored pants in the 70s and 80s as well as the silver colored pants but i don't think they would be official team colors.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The traditional school colors are maroon and white but over the years a little blue and a touch of silver have been added but I believe the official colors are maroon and white.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Cardinal, not maroon

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham is Cardinal Red...Bluefield is maroon...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Cardinal, not maroon

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham is Cardinal Red...Bluefield is maroon...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has always run a "Cardinal" offense and defense. When I played, first team was "Gold" and second team was "Cardinal". Now the first team is "Cardinal" and second team is "White"

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has always run a "Cardinal" offense and defense. When I played, first team was "Gold" and second team was "Cardinal". Now the first team is "Cardinal" and second team is "White"

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess they call it "Cardinal" on the sidelines because "maroon" sounds too much like "moron" and Freddie might think someone was yelling at him all night...DOH!!! LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

im glad to know your interested about the blue though...

[/ QUOTE ]

You heard it from me first.....I'm predicting that a team wearing blue will win this game. Just a little humor....not stirring the pot.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Cardinal, not maroon.

and the blue was first introduced in the 60's. I think the '67 championship year Beaver had blue jerseys. This years blue matches the 60's blue. The Chmara blue of '04 is one of a kind.

also Beaver has worn tan colored pants in the 70s and 80s as well as the silver colored pants but i don't think they would be official team colors.

[/ QUOTE ]

its always been maroon, i asked the local BHS historian. haha

He also said that there was a time when blue was a school color, as all the schools letterheads were blue instead of maroon...

but you cant tell from those pics of the football team cause they were black and white...