Any thouhgts on SWD JV play this season

evophoto

[ QUOTE ]

loaded with what. They didn't even have a JV team last year & their 7/8 grade AAU team got beat by a 6 grade bunch from CC last year.

[/ QUOTE ] haha i take it you mean the 6th graders from carroll county right... well man i'll tell you what those kids are crazy at basketball for there age...that team is ranked nationally.. we had our cavalier b-ball summer camp and they all came to it and they are amazing (and they were split up on 3 different teams so them playing together there even better) here in about 4-5 years carroll will have a awesome basketball team and i'd say they'll win region a few years and maybe have a run at state

You can't coach size. He has really slow feet. He was on 9th grade last year and didn't play too much. If they would work on his lower body and quickness he would be a good defensive player. Also lacks upper body strength. Offensively it will take awhile.

I hear the 6' 7 kid is coming along nicely... this from one of the players that did not think he would do so well. Should be interesting. Carroll's first 5 should be pretty tough. They play Bassett Wednesday.

theres no way hes as much of an a$$ as grundys jv coach.. and theres no way he lacks as much knowledge of the game as grundys jv coach..im a fan through and through but dont expect to see much winning out of grundys jv until a coaching change is made..kids arent gonna contribute for a coach whom they all hate and he is the reason that there is like 5 or 6 freshmen and sophomores coming up for varsity, not so much for the varsity experience (though thats a plus because you will learn more under both coach rifes in an open gym than you would in a season with church) but they come up to varsity simply to escape the JV coach