richlands loses!!!!!!!!

GHS61

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people always complain about the officiating in blfd. both from ghs and others. it happens. be happy the beavers won anyway. in the long run that is all that matters. heck i bet people from rhs could complain about the pass interference call late in the game if they wanted to. move on.

thing is there is never a game that someone feels the refs did them wrong. it happens and people will continue to talk about it. as will you at some point about tonights game. it is a part of life and football.

It was a great game...Bluefield is not as invincible as you guys thought and RHS is not as bad as you guys thought. Bluefield's speed was for the most part a non-factor, with a few exceptions. RHS played a great defensive game. Predictions are like buttholes...everybody's got one. Now lets not cheapen this great game by bringing up officiating...this game was hard fought by both teams and the victor won by the skin of their teeth. Mighty Bluefield showed they are not overpowering when you hit 'em in the mouth all night. I'm proud of our boys...they played a great game.

good post. i think rhs played a much better game than most felt they would. seems like many were counting them out all week long. they showed up and showed blfd that rhs is not a pushover. that being said the kids from blfd should be happy with getting out of rhs with a slim win. rhs is a tough place to play and i for one dont think the refs have it in for any one team. no matter how much i would like to think that lol.

They didnt come close to getting back at Bluefield, if anything that game tonight the officials gave Bluefield more calls, Bluefield only had one penalty until 2 mins to go and that was for kicking the ball out of bounds. They lined up in the neutral zone the whole first half. Anyway I think Bluefield is a better team but it drives me nuts you all coming on here saying the officiating was bad and cheapening what those two teams did out there tonight. Kicker from Bluefield has nerves of steel great kick, #31 Bluefield and Matt Davis from Richlands both made nonfactors out of the two big play receivers just a great game all around. Some people decided before they left home that they were going to complain about the officials I think.

alot of BS predictions from BOTH sides of the state line before this game but i gave R-lands as much respect as they were gonna get..i didnt under estimate them but Blfd did show that they can get punched in the mouth and come back and apply the sleeper hold for the big win! hated to miss this game

techfan, for your info, i didnt leave home tonite but from the broadcast online the oficials were as inept as any crew ever has been..marking off a 5 yrd penalty 4 yrds??? its pretty basic so if you have issues with complaining bout the refs, call us the broadcasters..i had to listen to their play by play!

Oh yeah they were bad going both way all night long but it was both ways, on one horrible bluefield punt I remember someone on Richlands sideline caught it and they said it went out of bounds past where he caught it at.

By far the best football game I have witnessed in along time, Our boys came out on the losing end but I bet there is a little more respect for Richlands than there was a week ago.

True any one can complain about the refs but I will not be one of them. This was going to be a heart breaker either way.

GO Blues finish this regular season and continue to play ball like tonight and you will go very deep into the playoffs.

according to the announcers, there was atleast 3 PI no calls against r-lands, many holding no calls against r-lands, horrible spotting of the ball (both sides) and of course the 'phantom' tripping call?? after the INT for a TD?? frankly i cant beleive they called PI against r-lands in the 4th but based on the bluefield 'homer' announcers, the refs were by far biased against the beavers...take it up with them, i wasnt there

[ QUOTE ]

according to the announcers, there was atleast 3 PI no calls against r-lands, many holding no calls against r-lands, horrible spotting of the ball (both sides) and of course the 'phantom' tripping call?? after the INT for a TD?? frankly i cant beleive they called PI against r-lands in the 4th but based on the bluefield 'homer' announcers, the refs were by far biased against the beavers...take it up with them, i wasnt there

[/ QUOTE ]Come on Tom...you can call holding on every play if you look for it, I'm sure you know that. Why don't we just say, "good game" and move on.

I won't comment on the officiating but I'm glad Bluefield prevailed. Richlands is solid and controlled the tempo of the game for most of the 4 qtrs. The defense was very good but the offense was inconsistent for them. Bluefield's defense definitely stepped up for them tonight and continually put them in great field position with the INTs.

yeah but a holding call on a pass play right in front of the ref were the jersey is stretched 6-8 inches and doesnt get called?? thats bad, i know with interior lineman you could calll holding on every play but when its obvious, you have to call it!! and as for movin on, the blue neck nation should do that as well b/c some of us from Blfd get the 02 game slammed in our faces repeatedly at every opp! and read my posts before the game, i gave r-lands their due and respect

[ QUOTE ]

yeah but a holding call on a pass play right in front of the ref were the jersey is stretched 6-8 inches and doesnt get called?? thats bad, i know with interior lineman you could calll holding on every play but when its obvious, you have to call it!! and as for movin on, the blue neck nation should do that as well b/c some of us from Blfd get the 02 game slammed in our faces repeatedly at every opp! and read my posts before the game, i gave r-lands their due and respect

[/ QUOTE ] I did read your posts...I read everyone's posts. I have no problem with what you said before the game, but the game is OVER...Bluefield WON...what is to be gained by complaining now, just as nothing was gained by RHS fans complaining about '02. It's pointless.

The play calling for Bluefield was lacking tonight, especially in crucial situations. Like I said, I won't criticize too much though because we came out with the win. I must give the coaches credit for the adjustments made at halftime, one of which led to the Brooks TD run that put us up 7-6. Up to that point, Richlands had been blitzing the safety to whichever side Bluefield sent a player in motion. So the offense simply began running inside hand-offs to the opposite side to which the player went in motion.

[ QUOTE ]

The play calling for Bluefield was lacking tonight, especially in crucial situations. Like I said, I won't criticize too much though because we came out with the win. I must give the coaches credit for the adjustments made at halftime, one of which led to the Brooks TD run that put us up 7-6. Up to that point, Richlands had been blitzing the safety to whichever side Bluefield sent a player in motion. So the offense simply began running inside hand-offs to the opposite side to which the player went in motion.

[/ QUOTE ] Good post! Bluefield made the adjustments necessary to combat the RHS defense...coaching on both sides was excellent I thought. Either team could have tried to get "crazy" and throw it downfield all night, but that wouldn't have worked for either team.