richlands loses!!!!!!!!

GHS61

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i talked to the player who recieved the tripping call, and he was dumbfounded. The richlands player just ran him over haha. its not his fault that he isnt as fast as him! haha

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my viewpoint there were only two bad calls in the game...

One was a "no call" on a pass to Ponder...the kid from Richlands had his arms wrapped around him before the ball got there.

The other...the "tripping" penalty. I was actually watching what was going on behind the play and saw what happened...I was actually waiting for a flag to come out...well, it did and I'm not sure why or how. A Bluefield player ran in front of a Richlands player who was in pursuit of Patterson. The Richlands kid ran into the Bluefield player and fell to the ground. Not sure how that was tripping...if that is tripping then just about EVERY good block could be called "tripping".

[ QUOTE ]

There was no way Ponder could have caught the ball. Good reason for not throwing the flag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please! It was just out of his reach. The only reason he couldn't catch it was because his arms were pinned to his sides...if he could have extended his arms, he would have caught it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Not so fast my endzone friend...

there is no such thing as an "uncatchable ball" in high school football.

So now what is your argument?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Well I set in the end zone on the hill and the ball was thrown 10Ft to his outside. I don't believe superman could have caught that ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

austin fuller could have.

[ QUOTE ]

there is no such thing as an "uncatchable ball" in high school football.

[/ QUOTE ]ahh forget about that one, ask him about the tripping penalty, see what his excuse is for that one? thats a call u would see only at richlands hahaha

[ QUOTE ]

there is no such thing as an "uncatchable ball" in high school football. That's true. The final interference penalty on RHS could have been called "uncatchable" as well, but there is no "uncatchable" rule in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great football game. 2nd best game I have ever seen Bluefield participate in. Both teams came out to play tonight. Yea, the refs made some questionable calls and no-calls but lets give both teams what they deserve. Richlands was able to stop everything we threw...or ran at them. Great defensive scheme for them. I will be honest...when I saw us with single coverage against Fuller, I was a little worried. But Marcus and Chase both stepped up to guarding the boy and were able to shut him down pretty much. That catch by #12 was an amazing catch and I wasn't even mad afterword. Thanks to the Richlands' fans for not being hateful or disrespectful after or before the game. I went to Pizza Hut to eat and while I was leaving a group of Richlands fans wished the Beavers good luck and blessed us on our ride home. That meant a lot to me to see the sportsmanship from their fans after such a tough lose at home. Great games both teams and may God bless you throughout the rest of this season.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Dindn't say there wasn't, but lots of time your not going to get a call when you can't make a play on the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously know nothing about about officiating. let it go, we all need to admit we are wrong sometimes... and he couldnt make a play on the ball cause he was getting a bear hug!

[ QUOTE ]

Well I set in the end zone on the hill and the ball was thrown 10Ft to his outside. I don't believe superman could have caught that ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't the play I'm talking about. 2nd Quarter...Bluefield had the ball deep in their own end. Ponder runs a post, beats the Richlands defender, who turns and just grabs Ponder in a "bear hug" from behind. The ball was just inches from Ponder's fingertips with his arms pinned against his sides. OBVIOUS missed call...after the ball was spotted for the next play, the official even made a gesture to another official that looked like he was admitting he blew the call.

[ QUOTE ]

What a great football game. 2nd best game I have ever seen Bluefield participate in. Both teams came out to play tonight. Yea, the refs made some questionable calls and no-calls but lets give both teams what they deserve. Richlands was able to stop everything we threw...or ran at them. Great defensive scheme for them. I will be honest...when I saw us with single coverage against Fuller, I was a little worried. But Marcus and Chase both stepped up to guarding the boy and were able to shut him down pretty much. That catch by #12 was an amazing catch and I wasn't even mad afterword. Thanks to the Richlands' fans for not being hateful or disrespectful after or before the game. I went to Pizza Hut to eat and while I was leaving a group of Richlands fans wished the Beavers good luck and blessed us on our ride home. That meant a lot to me to see the sportsmanship from their fans after such a tough lose at home. Great games both teams and may God bless you throughout the rest of this season.

[/ QUOTE ] AMEN!!!

Sorry G-man Thought you was talking about the 1st Qtr. When the Beaver fans booed. I was kind wondering about the bear hug because I thought it was a pretty clean play.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Im not sure which play you guys are talking about. Im talking about the pass to ponder right at the 50 yard line where he clearly could have caught it (if he arms wernt being held by a richlands defender)

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the play mrb was talking about... and was pass interference still...

Ponder was in the middle of the field and was running towards the score board. I',m sure he was inside the 30. Don't matter one of my top 5 games. Good hard fought game by both teams.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

still different play i think... my mind is gone however right now...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

too much speed for the mavs, bluefield wins by ten...

i expect bluefield to light up the skies...