James Monroe at Bluefield

MavsRock

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

gomavs...are you southern gal on the other board?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, that would be me. smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's actually been an interesting situation. Here I am "gomavs" and so there's no way to really tell if I'm male or female. I think most just assume I'm male since this is a football board. Over there it's obvious I'm female. On this board, it wouldn't be unusual for someone to get mad and argue with me (or like in this thread, tell me what I was told earlier to go get). On the other board, I don't get as much of that at all. I'm guessing it's because of one of these two reasons: 1) no one wants to talk football with a female; or 2) they are afraid they'll hurt my feelings and I'll cry. laugh.gif

Sorry, guys, I do love football and I like to talk football. Please don't kick me off your board.

i thought that might've been you! I havent argued with you over there but i probably have at one time or another on here! ha Its all good, i like a woman that knows her sports and isnt afraid to speak her mind... ummm, its kinda ....SEXY! lol honestly tho, ill still argue with ya anytime you want, just let me know and i wont even hold it against ya! You remember our mutual friend that u and i spoke about last year? ganyways glad to have ya on these boards, stick around a while.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should recruit him to the football team, because we all know the level of your kicker's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You talk'in about that field goal Dalton Pritt made up at Bluefield 2 years ago that won it? I know, it was a thing of beauty wasn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't speaking of two years ago. I was talking about last year's post season. Get is straight. I really hate when people go way back to a situation I am not talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess that loss to James Monroe last time at Mitchell still stings a bit HA HA

And yes I know wich extra point you were talking about, I was right behind the goal post when the field goal was short at the end too. Had it went through that football would've probably went home with me.

JM's Kicking isn't that bad, Logan's #s are a little off from last year, but overall he's doing a good job. Fact is neither the Tolsia game last year or the 2005 JM Bluefield game (either one) matters tomorrow, but special teams very well may.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should recruit him to the football team, because we all know the level of your kicker's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You talk'in about that field goal Dalton Pritt made up at Bluefield 2 years ago that won it? I know, it was a thing of beauty wasn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't speaking of two years ago. I was talking about last year's post season. Get is straight. I really hate when people go way back to a situation I am not talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess that loss to James Monroe last time at Mitchell still stings a bit HA HA

And yes I know wich extra point you were talking about, I was right behind the goal post when the field goal was short at the end too. Had it went through that football would've probably went home with me.

JM's Kicking isn't that bad, Logan's #s are a little off from last year, but overall he's doing a good job. Fact is neither the Tolsia game last year or the 2005 JM Bluefield game (either one) matters tomorrow, but special teams very well may.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea. The time is now and the boys will play it out tomorrow night.

Hey you can't beat women and football! Especially one who is die hard and knows whats going on. I have one of those in my home who loves the EERS and loves to learn about it. We enjoyed watching the Chokies strangle on a lead late!

I thought Tech had that one wrapped up. Almost went on to bed before the game was quite finished, but said, what the heck, I've stayed up this long so I'll stay up and see it all the way through. And see what happened with that little bit of time left!!!! What is there not to love about football??!!!

well i HATE rain,i hate driving in it, i hate sitting in it, i hate everything about it! I hate that im not going to come in for this game just to sit in the rain then have to drive back to TN after the game in it. Ive missed a few games ive been looking fwd to and this one is added to the list..i guess ill have to see them play in the playoffs. hope everyone else has a safe trip and ill be listening with crossed fingers! GO BEAVERS !!

I went and bought an el cheapo rain poncho this morning. I'm really hoping that I won't have to pull the ugly thing out. I've been periodically checking the hour by hour forecast and there's actually been some improvement in the numbers. They are now showing a 30% chance of showers at game start time dropping to 10% by 10:00pm.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I stood in the rain all day yesterday and ill do it again today...

BRING ON THE RAIN!

its the driving in the rain and having to drive back to TN tonite after the game im much older that you young guys, the rain affects my rheumatism! haha..