James Monroe at Bluefield

MavsRock

Let the fun begin!

In what will be called "the biggest game in the state", I expect both teams to go conservative. They know they'll probably see eachother twice, somehow I doubt the coaching staffs will show everything thy have. Don't for a minute think that the players will be any less hard though.

Last time at mitchell it was 17-14 JM, very hard to make a prediction on this 1, I'll say James Monroe 20 Bluefield 17.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLFD 21

JM 10

JM has not played any teams like BLFD. This should be a slotter fest. I say there will purple splattered all over the new field, just another season spoiled by the Beavers!!!

[ QUOTE ]

BLFD 21

JM 10

JM has not played any teams like BLFD. This should be a slotter fest. I say there will purple splattered all over the new field, just another season spoiled by the Beavers!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like last year huh? I think ya'll held us to 41 points wasn't it?

Neither team should take much away from next week if they win. This game WILL NOT "spoil" the season for either team.

[ QUOTE ]

BLFD 21

JM 10

[/ QUOTE ] What the heck is a "slotter fest"? Do you mean slaughter? LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

BLFD 21

JM 10

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like last year huh? I think ya'll held us to 41 points wasn't it?

Neither team should take much away from next week if they win. This game WILL NOT "spoil" the season for either team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't count on anything that happened last year affecting the outcome of this game. Last year's Bluefield team couldn't win a close game to save their life, they couldn't close the deal despite leading at James Monroe, Mount View, and Tolsia. The leadership on this year's team is far superior to 2006, and reminds me a lot of 2004 at this point. The 2007 team has shown that they can close with dramatic last second victories against two top notch teams in William Campbell and Richlands. It's close, competitive games against teams of that caliber that will give Bluefield a big advantage in this one.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i agree that James Monroe hasnt played anyone of any calper, nor in any close games. I think their big boys up front will get tired near the end of the game...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

they didnt pitch that many hay bales this year with this drought...

and also, bluefield has the best lifting program in the area. I know quite a few former players from JM and they are amazed at the difference between the lifting done between the schools.

I believe after the close game against Richlands that the beavers will come out pretty dang fired up, they know now they can play in a close and can win it. I believe that last nites game helped them a ton and should win against JM, i dont know much about WV football,but the beavers are def. good enough to win this one.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

these boys pitch hay bails why your boys sit on the couch playing play station...they will not get tired it will be a great game

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...

Nobody has a playstation anymore, its all about the 360 now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it funny how a Shady fan must live through the success of other programs b/c his own is in the toilet? I believe he also stated that Richlands would defeat Bluefield. Keep the faith little buddy...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

BLFD 21

JM 10

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a jackass.

[ QUOTE ]

If the Beavers need to spike the ball to stop the clock they should do it from shotgun since it was ok for Monroe to do it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good night, and you call us sore losers. When we line up on offense, pay a little attention, the tailback/quarterback has the fullback beside and a little in front of him. That puts an elegible receiver in the area, therefore, no intentional grounding penalty.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I forgot about that whole incident. What year did that happen again?

[/ QUOTE ]

"That whole incident" happened last year when James Monroe beat Bluefield 41-28 and was a few seconds away from beating them 47-28. Penalty or no penalty, that wasn't what lost the game for Bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"That whole incident" happened last year when James Monroe beat Bluefield 41-28 and was a few seconds away from beating them 47-28. Penalty or no penalty, that wasn't what lost the game for Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It was that crappy field and those home-cooked refs. It seems that everywhere Bluefield goes in any sport the damn refs hate us. We will see what happens when yall bring it down to our house. Bluefield will be ready....will yall?

QUOTE:

No. It was that crappy field and those home-cooked refs. It seems that everywhere Bluefield goes in any sport the damn refs hate us. We will see what happens when yall bring it down to our house. Bluefield will be ready....will yall?

It's not the other team that beats Bluefield. It's the refs or the field or something else.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If the Beavers need to spike the ball to stop the clock they should do it from shotgun since it was ok for Monroe to do it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good night, and you call us sore losers. When we line up on offense, pay a little attention, the tailback/quarterback has the fullback beside and a little in front of him. That puts an elegible receiver in the area, therefore, no intentional grounding penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]