James Monroe at Bluefield

MavsRock

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

No. It was that crappy field and those home-cooked refs. It seems that everywhere Bluefield goes in any sport the damn refs hate us. We will see what happens when yall bring it down to our house. Bluefield will be ready....will yall?

It's not the other team that beats Bluefield. It's the refs or the field or something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not saying that directly. I was saying that the game would have been better if the boys had some grass to run on. You cannot tell me that refs around the area and state don't hate Bluefield. I think someone is just mad that they are #3....

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you continue to use the refs for excuses the beavers are winning and big. and when people come to blfd we have just as much home cooking as you call it as anyone else. and i am including ghs in that also. so get over the ref issue. as unfortunately it is part of the game. maybe one that no one likes but still part.

yes i can say that refs in the state do not hate blfd. they dont have any reason to. i think you have some kind of complex that leads you to feel that everyone hates blfd. and i think that overall most people respect that program and team unless they are playing them. statements like this just give fuel to the fire and make you look childish. now i feel that blfd may just win against jm mainly because i will pull for the beavers except when they are playing ghs or a swd team, then i pull for those teams.

Bluefield lost the game last year because they couldn't hold onto the football and ended up with what, 7 turnovers? A spike to stop the clock was the least of Bluefield's worries last year. They gifted wrapped the game for James Monroe and they took full advantage of it.

And I wish those complaining about officiating would just stop. There is no conspiracy against Bluefield, at the majority of places at least. The officiating hasn't been all that bad for Bluefield games this year outside of the Princeton game. In fact, I would call the officiating in the other six games this year "good." Sometimes officiating can and does affect the outcome of a game, but that hasn't been the case this year or last year.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield lost the game last year because they couldn't hold onto the football and ended up with what, 7 turnovers? A spike to stop the clock was the least of Bluefield's worries last year. They gifted wrapped the game for James Monroe and they took full advantage of it.

And I wish those complaining about officiating would just stop. There is no conspiracy against Bluefield, at the majority of places at least. The officiating hasn't been all that bad for Bluefield games this year outside of the Princeton game. In fact, I would call the officiating in the other six games this year "good." Sometimes officiating can and does affect the outcome of a game, but that hasn't been the case this year or last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Officials never are for one team or another, although i have seen bluefield officials in the past (they are now retired) make some "ghost calls" If you let the officials beat you with one call you probably didnt deserve to win it anyways...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Officials never are for one team or another, although i have seen bluefield officials in the past (they are now retired) make some "ghost calls" If you let the officials beat you with one call you probably didnt deserve to win it anyways...

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is a football board, but are you BeaverTail going to seriously sit there and say that the refs in the 06 basketball championship were not for Ravenswood? BS. That was the worst called game in history and Gilliard's great coaching didnt help either....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

No. It was that crappy field and those home-cooked refs. It seems that everywhere Bluefield goes in any sport the damn refs hate us. We will see what happens when yall bring it down to our house. Bluefield will be ready....will yall?

It's not the other team that beats Bluefield. It's the refs or the field or something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not saying that directly. I was saying that the game would have been better if the boys had some grass to run on. You cannot tell me that refs around the area and state don't hate Bluefield. I think someone is just mad that they are #3....

[/ QUOTE ]

James Monroe's field wasn't in crappy condition for that game. I'm not quite sure where you are going with your comments, but it sounds as though you're saying that the conditions and the refs have to be perfect for Bluefield to win?? Come on, give your Beavers more credit than that. If and when Bluefield plays on a crappy field, the team they are playing against is playing on that same crappy field. Also do you really think only Bluefield gets bad calls? I think it's safe to say I've seen questionable calls and no calls in EVERY game I've watched and at every level -- high school, college and pro.

And no one is mad about being #3. That was a very immature statement. All your comments have been immature. I think it's way past your bedtime.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

James Monroe's field wasn't in crappy condition for that game. I'm not quite sure where you are going with your comments, but it sounds as though you're saying that the conditions and the refs have to be perfect for Bluefield to win?? Come on, give your Beavers more credit than that. If and when Bluefield plays on a crappy field, the team they are playing against is playing on that same crappy field. Also do you really think only Bluefield gets bad calls? I think it's safe to say I've seen questionable calls and no calls in EVERY game I've watched and at every level -- high school, college and pro.

And no one is mad about being #3. That was a very immature statement. All your comments have been immature. I think it's way past your bedtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to get into this with you or anyone else. I am going to drop all this bull**** and let the boys decide all this on Friday night.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to get into this with you or anyone else. I am going to drop all this bullshit and let the boys decide all this on Friday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you said earlier the field and the refs always decide it???

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is a football board, but are you BeaverTail going to seriously sit there and say that the refs in the 06 basketball championship were not for Ravenswood? BS. That was the worst called game in history and Gilliard's great coaching didnt help either....

[/ QUOTE ]

So could you explain the relevance of this to the JM/Bluefield game this week or even football in general? Apples and oranges, my friend. Officiating excuses are a cop out and as successful as Bluefield is in most sports, we do lose from time to time (and 99% of the time it's because we lose the game, the other team plays better, etc). Get over it, accept it.

Something else, wasn't it the poor field conditions at Lindside in '02 that allowed Bluefield to slow down a great James Monroe team and defeat them in the playoffs? It goes both ways.

why does this have to get ugly this week???? james monroe and bluefield are undefeated and have great teams this year. forget about all the other years it means nothing now. new teams and new faces, some anyway. everybody is gonna pull for and defend their team and everyones opinion is biased. no matter the call on the field, ppl will complain. why dont we just say let the best team win and hope that officiating doesnt effect the game.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i blame that loss on gilliard. And all the refs in the WV state tournament suck. its just a fact. Pat fragill doesnt know a good ref from a whole in the ground. Mike Eades never got one game in charleston and now he does NCAA tournament games. There are bad calls in everygame, but knowing a whole lot of refs and talking with them pretty much every day i understand why some of the calls are made that seem rediculous, and why some calls aren't made. And yes, sometimes i do see things with a bias towards bluefield, as do all bluefield fans. But you have to realize that a lot of different things factor into a game than what we see/hear in the stands. Plus it is a hundred times harder to see on the field than on the stands.

[ QUOTE ]

why does this have to get ugly this week????

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that's easy. This isn't a game like Bluefield-Graham or USC-UCLA, it more along the lines of WVU-VT (boy I miss that) or Colts-Patriots. These teams have always hated each other, and always will. There's only room for 2 teams in Wheeling, it would be something if round 2 was up there.

Oh well that's a long time off, have to worry about round 1 first.

[ QUOTE ]

why does this have to get ugly this week???? james monroe and bluefield are undefeated and have great teams this year. forget about all the other years it means nothing now. new teams and new faces, some anyway. everybody is gonna pull for and defend their team and everyones opinion is biased. no matter the call on the field, ppl will complain. why dont we just say let the best team win and hope that officiating doesnt effect the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!! I think the Bluefield/James Monroe series has developed into a pretty good rivalry for both schools and the bickering does get old, even for me! smile.gif Bluefield's got a great program. James Monroe has a great program. It'll be interesting to see how they stack up against each other this year. I'm not even going to venture a prediction because I honestly just don't know. I know I've seen enough James Monroe football to know they can win, but I also know that Bluefield can too.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

why does this have to get ugly this week????

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh that's easy. This isn't a game like Bluefield-Graham or USC-UCLA, it more along the lines of WVU-VT (boy I miss that) or Colts-Patriots. These teams have always hated each other, and always will. There's only room for 2 teams in Wheeling, it would be something if round 2 was up there.

Oh well that's a long time off, have to worry about round 1 first.

[/ QUOTE ]

this game is NOT like beaver-graham. different stakes. beaver graham is the first game of the season. we interact everyday with graham. its all about local bragging rights year to year and lots of local history.

bluefield and james monroe is end of the season with playoff stakes on the line. and in ten, twenty, or thirty years we'll reflect on these classic matchups.

[ QUOTE ]

yes i can say that refs in the state do not hate blfd. they dont have any reason to. i think you have some kind of complex that leads you to feel that everyone hates blfd. and i think that overall most people respect that program and team unless they are playing them. statements like this just give fuel to the fire and make you look childish. now i feel that blfd may just win against jm mainly because i will pull for the beavers except when they are playing ghs or a swd team, then i pull for those teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like it or not, Bluefield and Graham both get hosed by the officials on every road trip they take...and sometimes they even get hosed at home by the officials...not my opinion, just plain old fact from many years of observing both teams play at home and on the road. I don't think its so much that officials hate either school, I thinks its a matter of jealousy that both teams have the ability to overcome the referees' biased officiating...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like it or not, Bluefield and Graham both get hosed by the officials on every road trip they take...and sometimes they even get hosed at home by the officials...not my opinion, just plain old fact from many years of observing both teams play at home and on the road. I don't think its so much that officials hate either school, I thinks its a matter of jealousy that both teams have the ability to overcome the referees' biased officiating...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is ridiculous. Every team thinks that the officials have it out for them. Come on Gman...I didn’t think you were one of those conspiracy theorist. You can seriously set there and say that every crew that officiates a game that involves a team from Bluefield purposefully makes bad calls against them. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is ridiculous. Every team thinks that the officials have it out for them. Come on Gman...I didn’t think you were one of those conspiracy theorist. You can seriously set there and say that every crew that officiates a game that involves a team from Bluefield purposefully makes bad calls against them. That is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I invite you as a neutral party to come watch several Graham and Bluefield games, both home and away and decide for yourself...I think you will be shocked at what you see...

Honestly, the only Bluefield game I've ever seen where they got the "benefit" of the officiating was the infamous Richlands game a few years ago. And I can't think of a Graham game I've been to where Graham got the benefit of the calls except for when they played Bluefield a few times where the officials seemed to screw both teams at the same time.

Like it or not, there is a bias against both Graham and Bluefield amongst the local officials associations...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could believe that. Not that I have seen enough away games to know but you have to think realistically about officiating. These guys are human which means they make mistakes but they also may not be entirely honest. Just look at the NBA referr scandal with gambling. I think officiating should be monitored more strictly.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe that refs never "cheat" but teams with bad reputations may get more calls against them cause the refs may be looking for them....

Ill say this, i worked with an admitted BLUEFIELD BEAVER hater, he was/is from Charleston area, last name of Perry, i think he quit reffing now but im not sure, anyhow, he was officiating the Blfd/Liberty??? game a few yrs back (it was the game in the late 90's were the opposing team had agreat passing game and i think the scoring record might've been set) Beavers had 2 TD's called back and he told me in no uncertain terms that the crew decided they couldnt allow a team to score 100 pts and they had to make phantom calls on Blfd to keep scoring down and close...now thats a fact..so dont tell me it doesnt happen, thats just one case where this idiot was dumb enuff to admit it! He and i were not friends, we tolerated one another and the disliket came from HS football!