James Monroe at Bluefield

MavsRock

[ QUOTE ]

Why are we arguing about this meaningless crap? I thought this thread about the game this week?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it better myself. Hopefully nothing happens friday or later this season that causes this t be re-visited.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person who thinks JM will have to pass successfully against Bluefield if they're going to win this game? I just don't know if they'll be able to get it done by running the ball straight at Bluefield considering that many have said this is Bluefield's best defensive team since 1997, or even better.

So that's what I missed after I left the 2004 Bluefield-Weir game with 3:00 to go. No body will forget about that one. Hopefully I won't see that at any James Monroe games, not on our side anyway. grin.gif

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i was on the field as it was happening and never knew it did till way later... and even then i couldnt believe it...

[ QUOTE ]

I was about 15 feet away when this happened. I thought he had a gun or something. But Bluefield Finest at there ......well....Finest

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I gotta ask....what happened....brief version

[ QUOTE ]

brief version?

Weir coach screaming, weir coach trying to assault, weir coach arrested

[/ QUOTE ]

..... for real.....was it really the coach????? Wow, unbelievable....is he now coaching anywhere

Assistant coach I believe. Im not totally sure about what all happened, but as you know. The weir kicker missed the game tying extra point and all the BHS fans ran onto the field. In the frenzy I think the coach went and confronted the kicker and pushed him, and a little push match began then the bluefield police ran to break it up and the coach pushed the officer...Big mistake, and this picture was taken about 4 seconds after he pushed the officer

[ QUOTE ]

brief version?

Weir coach screaming, weir coach trying to assault, weir coach arrested

[/ QUOTE ]

The incident occurred after Weir's collapse at Bluefield during the 2004 state semi-finals, which they led 14-0 with 2:30. Bluefield was out of timeouts with Weir facing a 3rd down and short deep in Bluefield territory. A first down meant Weir could take a couple of knees and the game was over. Instead of running the football they threw a quick slant pass, which was picked off by Bluefield’s Mike Davis and returned 75-yards for a touchdown to make the score 14-7 with a little over two minutes left. Bluefield then recovered the onsides kick, marched down the field and scored a touchdown as time expired to force overtime. Bluefield scored first in OT to make the 21-14 only to see Weir convert on a 4th and goal to make the 21-20, but their kicker shanked the PAT to give Bluefield the stunning 21-20 comeback victory.

Right after the game while Bluefield celebrated some Weir players and parents began to get into with Weir’s coaching staff, mainly the offensive coordinator and coach’s son; the man lying face down in the photo being handcuffed. The coach supposedly went after one of the parents and then one of his own players. Supposedly tried to or did push/shove/hit the kicker and the Bluefield PD intervened to breakup the potential melee. The coach was very combative toward the BPD and when he made a threatening move toward one of the officers he was taken down as the picture illustrates. It was one of the best days in history the of Bluefield football on many levels and one of the darkest in the history of Weir football on many levels.

anytime Rocks, glad to spread the word on Weir, even now! ha..and a more accurate brief version, Weir loses, player irate, coach irate, parent irate at coach, Blfd PD irate Weir coach, everyone in Blfd elated!

We'll have to see. Ironically, one reason JM beat Bluefield last year was throwing late in the first half and tieing the score, Bluefield just couldn't get any thing going in the air that game. We've beaten Bluefield 2 of the last 3 games, and the one loss was the game we passed in the most, 2 interceptions played a major role in that loss.

Wyoming East was the only game we've thrown for any significant yardage, and that was when we had alot of injuries in the backfield. I'd be surprised to see us throw a whole lot this week, especially if the defense plays well.

[ QUOTE ]

We'll have to see. Ironically, one reason JM beat Bluefield last year was throwing late in the first half and tieing the score, Bluefield just couldn't get any thing going in the air that game. We've beaten Bluefield 2 of the last 3 games, and the one loss was the game we passed in the most, 2 interceptions played a major role in that loss.

Wyoming East was the only game we've thrown for any significant yardage, and that was when we had alot of injuries in the backfield. I'd be surprised to see us throw a whole lot this week, especially if the defense plays well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may have won 2 of the last 3 but our one win knocked yall out of the playoffs.....again.