BREAKING NEWS!!! Bluefield is in trouble!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sarcasm............. too easy of a shot. No help from school board........town needs to take pride. They went 8-2 two yrs ago......

[/ QUOTE ]

and didnt make the playoffs cause they didnt play anyone...

[ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sarcasm............. too easy of a shot. No help from school board........town needs to take pride. They went 8-2 two yrs ago......

[/ QUOTE ]

They went 1-9 this year...0-5 at home...outscored 307-6 in those five games...nice waste of money on the lights...they should have just played in the dark that way no one would have to witness such masacres...maybe they should have used the money to send the kids to football camp or something...

The last I have heard both Tonya East and Dave Hubbard declined the jobs. The best that I know Ron Ball will be one assistant and Jeff Boyles another. The third one is still up in the air, but it may be Justin Gilbert.

No they missed the playoffs because they played too many VA schools. They made scheduling errors trying to be competitive and they didn't recieve the points they would if they had beaten a WV school. No other single A school in the county because of the consolidation to pikeview.

We could all easily say that Graham is a waste of space....no championships in their near future. If they drop to single A they might. They are not the Big Team in Bluefield....It's the Beavers town! Graham has played better this year, but maybe Ahmad Bradshaw should donate some money so that Graham can have a field of their own. It's gotta suck playing on a field that is obviously made for the Beavers.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

The points are the same for VA and WV... There is no difference. Especially for single A.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

The last I have heard both Tonya East and Dave Hubbard declined the jobs. The best that I know Ron Ball will be one assistant and Jeff Boyles another. The third one is still up in the air, but it may be Justin Gilbert.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe the ramblings of how much i hate them deterred them from the job! haha

Jeff Boyles is another great addition if proven true, and with the addition of Gilbert Id say i couldnt have hoped for any better! seems to me like the Dam is ready to Rock!

[ QUOTE ]

No they missed the playoffs because they played too many VA schools. They made scheduling errors trying to be competitive and they didn't recieve the points they would if they had beaten a WV school. No other single A school in the county because of the consolidation to pikeview.

[/ QUOTE ]

INCORRECT BUGEYE!!!

Below is Montcalm's 2005 schedule and results. If you notice, they played three schools from VA. The WVSSAC allows WV schools to play up to half of their games against out of state opponents. The reason they missed the playoffs is because all of their wins came against schools that didn't win very many games which hurt their rating...in other words WEAK SCHEDULE.

2005 Schedule

Date Opponent Result

8/26 @ Big Creek 14-8

9/3 Hannan 54-6

9/9 @ Hurley 22-40

9/17 Harts 13-6

9/24 Tug Valley 42-20

10/1 Pocahontas 62-30

10/7 @ Meadow Bridge 24-41

10/15 Duval 24-20

10/22 Twin Valley 37-15

10/29 @ Greater Beckley Christian 51-28

11/4 OPEN

Well GMAN I am proud to say that you are incorrect. The WVSSAC does not have any limit to the number of out of state schools that you can play. If you look at Wheeling Central Catholic schedule I believe you will see that. They have a limit on the number of games that you can play against schools in a lower class. Tug Valley a few years ago when they were double A did not make the playoffs because they played 6 A schools in football. Yes you are right we missed the playoffs that year because of very few bonus points. Big Creek did not have the wins that it usually did, neither did Pocahontas. I wonder if you would be getting all that recognition in the paper if they knew all the name calling that you do on here.

[ QUOTE ]

Well GMAN I am proud to say that you are incorrect. The WVSSAC does not have any limit to the number of out of state schools that you can play. If you look at Wheeling Central Catholic schedule I believe you will see that. They have a limit on the number of games that you can play against schools in a lower class. Tug Valley a few years ago when they were double A did not make the playoffs because they played 6 A schools in football. Yes you are right we missed the playoffs that year because of very few bonus points. Big Creek did not have the wins that it usually did, neither did Pocahontas. I wonder if you would be getting all that recognition in the paper if they knew all the name calling that you do on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you're right about the out of state/lower class thing...usually when WV schools go outside the state they play teams of higher class. (A little sarcastic play on words for you...wink, wink.)

Oh, and Pocahontas NEVER has many wins.

BTW, what's wrong with BUGEYE??? Would you rather I call him FATBIT???

AHHH...PLATINUM BUGEYE AND THE FATBITS...now THAT was a great group!!! They had to hits back in the 80's...Deck THE Hall (6th Floor Pritchard) and Booger Walls...all over the WUVT airwaves!!!

I cant believe that Hubbard is back to coaching at bluefield. I had him for baseball there and he was by far the worst coach I had experienced. I couldnt imagine his short self on a basketball bench trying to act like he knows what hes talking about, just like he did on the diamond.

Bluedfields team this year will be the players team. We had enough of Ernie's horrible calls last year and aren't about to stand for Haven's crap either.

Well it takes a big man to admit he was wrong so Kudos to that. When Bobby Wyatt was at Poca they won several games each year. A little trivia for you: The year we were 8-2 and missed the Class A playoffs, we would have been the 13th seed in the AA playoffs. Bet you didnt know that one.

[ QUOTE ]

Well it takes a big man to admit he was wrong so Kudos to that. When Bobby Wyatt was at Poca they won several games each year. A little trivia for you: The year we were 8-2 and missed the Class A playoffs, we would have been the 13th seed in the AA playoffs. Bet you didnt know that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I did know that. AA was weak that year, four teams got in the playoffs with a 5-5 record. Bluefield went 5-4, was the #11 seed and made the State Championship game. Liberty-Raleigh made the playoffs as the #16 seed, going 6-4 and finishing with a rating of 5.9. What was Montcalm's rating that year...6.3 or 6.4?

with all due respect to the Beavers, their fan base, and everyone in between.

i can honestly say i respect Bluefield and all their accomplishments and what they've done in basketball (and football), but with all due respect, i would hate to coach a football or basketball team for you guys....lol

i can understand why coahces would debate within themselves as to take the job or not.

i understand your alls desire for success and how you've grown use to the winning ways.

but even the best of teams go through dry spells.

now i know its not cause of a lack of talent, cause the talent seems to come out of the wood work down that way.

but i say lets give this new coach and the assistants a chance before we hang them out to dry and want to tire and feather them and send them out on a rail.

i personally have the Beavs in my preseason top 5 in AA

1. Logan

2. Wyo. East

3. Winfield

4. Ravenswood

5. Bluefield

btw, talent wise.....what/who do you guys have coming back this season, that we should keep our ear and eyes open for???

btw i look forward to the Westside/Blfd matchups again this season.

Westside is seeming to improve, already!

we got Eric Bailey (the red head step child) back for another season.

and rumor has it an old teammate of his will be reunited with him this season, in D.R. Hicks, i've only heard one or two ppl talk about him, but they sing his praises very highly

along with him we will have 3 or 4 good "role" players

we should have two big men on our team this yr, but whether or not they've improved will be another story...

i still dunno how the outcome for the season will be.

Wyo. East is still gonna be a tough draw for us this season...