Mount View Mutiny

GoldenTrojan

The hard part is that many of the so called "cancers" of the team are probably some of their best athletes. Therefore it makes it hard on the coach to control all aspects of the "team". Players come out in August with the hope of winning games or at least they should. The coach walks a tight rope in trying to control the problems while keeping up morale and putting a competitve group on the field every Friday.

Let's be honest, many kids have more of an interest in participating when the program wins...at least the majority of games. A losing program brings less interest along with lower numbers. It is easy to say "send all the problems home" and now the program will be fine. Unfortunately, things are not always that simple.

I am not in agreement with the coach or the "problem" players just stating that everything is not always as simple as it seems. It takes a great coach along with responsible players to make a good program. When you have only one of those or neither it doesn't take long for the problems to show themselves.

[ QUOTE ]

The coach claimed he had no running backs for the game last friday, but i read in the paper that High had like 144 yards. Did he not quit or what is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

He pretty much shows up when he wants to...has for the last couple of seasons...

QUOTE:

Mount View is the worst coached team i have ever seen.there is no discipline at all.they have the kids just need some direction.

----------------------

You can't coach kids that don't want to be coached...

[ QUOTE ]

And the kids who dont want to be coached, you simply kick them off the friggin team

There called "cancer"... Like Ricky Williams was to Miami and how Terell Owens was to Philly

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head there. That is exactly the problem. If a kid quits, he is done. If he goes up in the stands to his mommy, he is done. He doesn't come back the next week and rush for 144 yards. I don't care if he is Ahmad Bradshaw or joe blow. The coach runs the show, and will be respected if he gives anyone a reason to respect him. If not, then you have exactly what is going on down in Welch right now.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

HASENT ANYONE watched Varsity Blues... The players had a mutany againts one of the greates coaches the state of Texas had ever seen (In the movies of course) And they were the good guys. hahahahaa