Mount View Mutiny

GoldenTrojan

Word out is that M.V's coach stood in front of the school's boosters club and announced that the players told him to his face that they hated him. There are only suppose to be 20 players that are gonna make the trip to Ohio to play for him friday. Also stated he will have NO Running Backs.

[ QUOTE ]

Word out is that M.V's coach stood in front of the school's boosters club and announced that the players told him to his face that they hated him. There are only suppose to be 20 players that are gonna make the trip to Ohio to play for him friday. Also stated he will have NO Running Backs.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why Mount View will always underachieve and never make the big-time. It seems not many of the kids down there have much of a backbone. I didn't say all, but some don't seem to. They quit or get discouraged at the first sign of trouble. They need a coach that will make men out of those boys and not take any of their crap. It's time for a chance in Welch. They need to find a hard-*** to take over that program...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's why Mount View will always underachieve and never make the big-time. It seems not many of the kids down there have much of a backbone. I didn't say all, but some don't seem to. They quit or get discouraged at the first sign of trouble. They need a coach that will make men out of those boys and not take any of their crap. It's time for a chance in Welch. They need to find a hard-*** to take over that program...

[/ QUOTE ]

The kids have backbone, they just need a better coach/staff. A better coach could help them understand discipline. If you played for a coach and he sucked, would you fold under or tell it on the mountain.LOL

sounds to me like the animals are running the zoo...if you dont like your coach then quit...or go play somewhere else....otherwise pull together as a team, stop blaming the coach, shut up, and play some football...this falls under the "race what you bring to the track" situation.

[ QUOTE ]

the mommies and daddies need to have some dicipline too!

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much sums it up. Believe you me, that little problem isn't limited to one or 2 areas of the state.

[ QUOTE ]

sounds to me like the animals are running the zoo...if you dont like your coach then quit...or go play somewhere else....otherwise pull together as a team, stop blaming the coach, shut up, and play some football...this falls under the "race what you bring to the track" situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually in this case the kids are correct. Gravely from all accounts I have in McDowell County is a moron. His teams have no discipline at all. One time he had his quarterback quit after a QB controversy, not only did he let the kid come back, he gave him the starting quarterback job back. Not only that from what I hear none of his assistants are employed by the county school system. That is called surrounding yourself with allies. That only strengthens your position in case of a mutiny such as this.

[ QUOTE ]

time to deal with that is in the off season...you deal with it and play ball for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunatly that becomes a little hard when half the team doesn't show up for the game.

You only need 11(20 would be great). Start cleaning house until you find those kids that want to play and desire to win. Laziness trumps talent every time. Get rid of it and you'll find your winners.

Players with a backbone don't turn their backs on their teammates and coach when things aren't going very well. Those players knew the coaching situation when the season started and to use that as an excuse to quit after two embarrassing losses is a copout. If all of this is true, I applaud the remaining players and encourage them to keep their chin up...

I was shocked to see a Mt. View player (starter) walking through the visitor's side bleachers during the second half of the James Monroe/Mt. View game. I wondered how something like that could happen.

Some of you have no idea what it's like to have a coach that isn't worth a plug nickel. You should be so lucky. But just because the kids finally stand up to him doesn't mean they're copping out. That's been something that should have been done YEARS ago. A good coach would earn the respect from those kids. Ever wonder why those kids act like they do? But far be it from me to let you see what people think behind the scenes, we should all just blame the kids. We all know adults shouldn't take the blame especially when they're the true leaders of High School Teams.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

the mommies and daddies need to have some dicipline too!

[/ QUOTE ]

im not sure exactly what you meant, but if you mean parents need to disipline their kids i agree completely. It is so hard to disipline a kid who can go home and do whatever he/she wants. They really dont have any respect, in school or on the field...

I played for a coach that wasnt worth a crap in David Hubbard (Bluefield Baseball.) The team never stood up to him so to speak, but even he knew he was not well liked. But the players cant fold like that, they have to come together and give their best effort in spite of the poor coaching. That's what BHS baseball did the past 3 years which were the most successful in quite a while. I believe those players should respect the game and respect themselves and finish the season

[ QUOTE ]

I played for a coach that wasnt worth a crap in David Hubbard (Bluefield Baseball.) The team never stood up to him so to speak, but even he knew he was not well liked. But the players cant fold like that, they have to come together and give their best effort in spite of the poor coaching. That's what BHS baseball did the past 3 years which were the most successful in quite a while. I believe those players should respect the game and respect themselves and finish the season

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a baseball coach my senior year that I couldn't stand...still practiced, played, and gave 110% even though I knew the better I did, the better it made him look...after the season was over, I let him know what I thought about him.

So in other words your saying by them quitting that is standing up to the coach? That's not standing up to him that is what we were taught at Graham as being a chicken sh**. If you have a problem with the coach you finish the season out and talk to the coach if that doesn't work don't come out next year.

MAN THAT IS AWFUL! THERE ISN'T A LOT TO DO IN WELCH. I HATE THAT THE COACH IS SO AWFUL OR THE KIDS ARE SO UNDISCIPLINED THAT SPORTS CAN'T BE A GOOD PLACE TO CHANNEL THEIR PROBLEMS AND PUT IT TOGETHER AS A TEAM. IMO, IT STARTS WITH THE COACH. HE HAS GOT TO REMOVE ALL CANCER (MUTINY PLAYERS) FROM THE TEAM AND PLAY WITH WHAT HE HAS. THOSE WHO DO NOT PLAY OR PRACTICE THIS WEEK.......NEED NOT COME BACK. MOUNT VIEW HAS WAY TOO MANY STUDENTS AND USUALLY ATHLETES TO BE HAMMERED BY BLUEFIELD AND MONROE. THEY SHOULD BE COMPETITIVE WITH MANY TEAMS AROUND. I'D LOVE TO HAVE MV CLOSER TO ME, I'D PUT TOGETHER A STAFF AND GIVE IT A SHOT. THE SCHOOL BOARD NEEDS TO INTERVENE AND SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. IT STARTS WITH THE COACH AND TRICKLES DOWN.

what arrogance. If your a football player!You play for the love of the game! Win or lose. Know matter who is coaching.

You play every game cause there is nothing you would rather do then put those pads on and take the field. Don't blame the coaching blame yourselves. It sounds like there are still 20 ball players on the team. And the whinners have left the building.