Blatant Bad officiating this year...officials should be held accountable...

futbolking

Why blame everything on the officials. I have heard this numerous times on this board and others about how the officiating has cost them a game. My response to that is: BULL****! While I do understand that situations happen in every game that not all fans, players, and coaches agree with, I feel as if the officiating will take care of itself. I think we would all agree that the refs do not run, pass, tackle, or turnover the football during the course of a game. Most of the time it is someone else who needs to shoulder the blame for a loss. A smart coach once said that you cannot put your team in a situation that is influenced by a "bad" call. Take care of your business and the let the chips fall where they may!!

Someone commented to me the other day about how bad the officials were in the Richlands/Bluefield game. I was like "WHAT??" Those officials did a good job that night and they had no influence whatsoever on that game! Take it with a grain of salt futbolking....there is a lot more to worry about in this world than referees!!

[ QUOTE ]

Why blame everything on the officials. I have heard this numerous times on this board and others about how the officiating has cost them a game. My response to that is: BULL****! While I do understand that situations happen in every game that not all fans, players, and coaches agree with, I feel as if the officiating will take care of itself. I think we would all agree that the refs do not run, pass, tackle, or turnover the football during the course of a game. Most of the time it is someone else who needs to shoulder the blame for a loss. A smart coach once said that you cannot put your team in a situation that is influenced by a "bad" call. Take care of your business and the let the chips fall where they may!!

Someone commented to me the other day about how bad the officials were in the Richlands/Bluefield game. I was like "WHAT??" Those officials did a good job that night and they had no influence whatsoever on that game! Take it with a grain of salt futbolking....there is a lot more to worry about in this world than referees!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not so fast my friend. J.I. Burton has a legitimate gripe about the officiating in their state title game last year.

I tend to agree with you otherwise, but that's a glaring example.

That said, that's the only example that comes to my mind from the last 36 or so years.

[ QUOTE ]

No gripe anymore.....the VHSL did issue an apology....wasn't that mighty nice of them??

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes everything peachy keen.

In fact, there was this one time when I was having a really bad day. The whole world was against me. Then Ken Tilley happened to walk by and say "How's it going?" and my entire existence was made whole.

You can't make stuff like this up.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I still say the ole running codger would be better than the fools who did Giles/Floyd Monday. You want to hear about some bad ref's go to vapreps region C and read all the smack. At least they were consistently horrible on both sides. Ole running codger would be ashamed of his co-horts.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, they were bad for both sides...but two calls in particular would've prevented a Giles touchdown and a turnover that would've given Floyd possession of the ball and it did make a difference in the outcome of the game...

I just hope it doesn't prevent Floyd from making the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm pretty sure Floyd won't be going to the playoffs, and the 1st TD that had two penalties that were not called by the refs would not have made floyd win the game. Giles had more penalty yards than Floyd anyway. If Floyd would have played ball in the 4th qt., the turnout may have been different.

[ QUOTE ]

Furthermore, didn't Jerry Falwell wave at you the day Richlands won the state title last year??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he did. You'd think that it would take some effort to live as righteously as I do. And yet it just seems to come naturally for me.

If we are fortunate enough to make it that far, and Jerry's able to do so again.... Well, then I'd feel very good about our chances heading into the title game. That or I'll be concerned that he's haunting us.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yesssir i believe your right fish. them's lots of good folks workin hard for our boys and us fans and we need to bout time reocnize them and apreshiate them for what they is doing. id heard tale that your one of them stripppety suited fellears yourself and i just want to say thanky you and chalenge eveybody else here to do the same.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yesssir i believe your right fish. them's lots of good folks workin hard for our boys and us fans and we need to bout time reocnize them and apreshiate them for what they is doing. id heard tale that your one of them stripppety suited fellears yourself and i just want to say thanky you and chalenge eveybody else here to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I seen old OFISHE8 a referrein I would have thought he had on some of them vertical and horizontal Izods

issued from the state departmental of corrections. That boy is crookeder than a barrel of fish hooks.

Yes sir I hvae watched old fishey call with that Bucked toothed Reff they get out of Keen Mt. and that old cogger that started calling back in 1960s My God they will put a flat screwing on a team. one is blind ,one can't hear and the other just dont know better. I hope they are just watching reffs this year. because they cant call the hogs.

mighty nice indeed, would've been nicer if Salem would hand over the state title to them that year...

Those are the type of plays I'm talking about...Salem vs. Amherst... a critical call that decides the outcome of the game and possibly the outcome of a team's season...I've seen 4 instances of that this year...way too much...that's all I"m saying...just aggravates the heck out of me.

well anyone at the graham-carroll game the other night that was some bad officiating and it was both ways too i'm not blaming officials cuz there were bad calls both ways like that fumble by graham in the end zone maybe it was a fumble but i'm not so sure... and then the missed XP that was good by ayers at the beginning.. umm that "fumble" by a carroll player who was hit as soon as he caught the ball and they ruled it a fumble when he didn't even have time to turn around... and another time there was a bad handoff by graham a carroll player picked it up and they ruled him down when the running back never even got the ball cleanly i'm sure there's more but those were the calls that affected the out come of the game

[ QUOTE ]

well anyone at the graham-carroll game the other night that was some bad officiating and it was both ways too i'm not blaming officials cuz there were bad calls both ways like that fumble by graham in the end zone maybe it was a fumble but i'm not so sure... and then the missed XP that was good by ayers at the beginning.. umm that "fumble" by a carroll player who was hit as soon as he caught the ball and they ruled it a fumble when he didn't even have time to turn around... and another time there was a bad handoff by graham a carroll player picked it up and they ruled him down when the running back never even got the ball cleanly i'm sure there's more but those were the calls that affected the out come of the game

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like the only "bad calls" you can remember are the ones against Carroll Co....I thought you said they were bad BOTH ways???

i have seen my fair share of bad calls but guess what. its in the past and there is nothing any of us can do about it. there are twice as many fouls that arent called then there are called wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

i have seen my fair share of bad calls but guess what. its in the past and there is nothing any of us can do about it. there are twice as many fouls that arent called then there are called wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is something we can do about it. Get the morons fired!

but once you get all the "moron" officials fired, who will officiate the games? Listen officials make mistakes just like the coaches and the players and that is at all levels. You just hope that the mistake call you make doesn't cost a team a game. Their have been bad calls that have cost pro and college teams games and those are supposed to be superior officials. Not everything in life is fair and we all feel ripped off at one time or another whether it be in school, in athletic competition, or at your chosen career. You may be pissed off but you have to let it go.