VT @ GT

dcecilgolf

I wouldn't count Georgia Tech out of it just yet. Tenuta is a solid defensive coordinator, and if he worth his billing, he should be able to put together a defensive package which can exploit the shaky Virginia Tech offensive line.

Offensively, the loss of Tashard Choice is a killer. It's going to be Jonathan Dwyer that determines how far this offense can go, and if it can open any passing lanes for Taylor Bennett.

The X-factor here for Virginia Tech is how quickly they can rebound from that demoralizing defeat last Thursday. If they come out flat, I think Georgia Tech can perhaps pull a stunner. If they come out like a rocket sled on rails, I don't believe Georgia Tech keeps it within two scores.

If you won't cheer for the Jackets, then I certainly will. Given the Coastal race and all.

[ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't count Georgia Tech out of it just yet. Tenuta is a solid defensive coordinator, and if he worth his billing, he should be able to put together a defensive package which can exploit the shaky Virginia Tech offensive line.

Offensively, the loss of Tashard Choice is a killer. It's going to be Jonathan Dwyer that determines how far this offense can go, and if it can open any passing lanes for Taylor Bennett.

The X-factor here for Virginia Tech is how quickly they can rebound from that demoralizing defeat last Thursday. If they come out flat, I think Georgia Tech can perhaps pull a stunner. If they come out like a rocket sled on rails, I don't believe Georgia Tech keeps it within two scores.

If you won't cheer for the Jackets, then I certainly will. Given the Coastal race and all.

[/ QUOTE ]i'll pull for Ga.tech too just because i dont like VT

Im worried about the line play. With our starting Center out with a high ankle sprain and Ga Techs blitzs it will be hard for the backup to pick up all his assignments. I look to see Tyrod 100% or not. Just for the simple fact he is mobile.

Can Virginia Tech's offense put up points? I think that's going to be the deciding factor in this game. I don't think our defense will have a problem shutting down GT's offense. It's just a matter of our offense putting the ball in the endzone.

[ QUOTE ]

The way the Hokies have come out tonight, it is makes last week a little easier to swallow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I'm still wet in places from sitting out at that game. I think G-man is too. LOL

I hope they can keep it going next week for F$U.

[ QUOTE ]

Can Virginia Tech's offense put up points? I think that's going to be the deciding factor in this game. I don't think our defense will have a problem shutting down GT's offense. It's just a matter of our offense putting the ball in the endzone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good analysis there.

So far, barely into the 4th quarter, the score is 27-3 in favor of Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech's offense has put up solid numbers against a Georgia Tech defense that looks completely overwhelmed. Virginia Tech has 374 total yards, compared to Georgia Tech's 197. Glennon is really getting it done through the air, with 272 yards through the air and 2 TDs and another on the ground. Ore has been good, not great, with 80 yards .

The other key story is Georgia Tech's ability to shoot itself square in the foot multiple times. My math may be off, but Georgia Tech has about 20923409 turnovers right now. At least, that's what it feels like, but they really do have 4. That long pass where Josh Nesbitt overthrew a man that had 20 yards of separation is case in point. Georgia Tech can't score when they get the ball back on a turnover inside field goal range.

In the end, Virginia Tech has played well tonight. Not world-beaters, but well. It's improvment, but the Hokies still have a little way to go. It will be an interesting stretch run.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The way the Hokies have come out tonight, it is makes last week a little easier to swallow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. I'm still wet in places from sitting out at that game. I think G-man is too. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

sitting? never did any of that at the game...and this makes me so happy that glennon is playing like this. Keep it up Sean!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh I definitely know what you mean... it still hurts, but it is a little better for me. The only way I can explain last week is that is worse than any break up I have ever been through. No one has ever broken my heart like it was last Thursday night!

I am so glad I didn't go all the way down there and tailgate with you and G-Man because I don't think I would have made it back home in one piece, for various reasons! Haha.

[ QUOTE ]

Dominating performance they should be ranked #107 this week in offense with this monumental win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should be off somewhere worrying about UConn!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Dominating performance they should be ranked #107 this week in offense with this monumental win.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UCONN the leader of the Big East!and Who beat them? Virginia? hold on... ARENT THEY IN THE COASTAL CONFERENCE!?!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UCONN the leader of the Big East!and Who beat them? Virginia? hold on... ARENT THEY IN THE COASTAL CONFERENCE!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

[sarcasm]Yeah, but the Big East is OBVIOUSLY the better conference...[/sarcasm]

Solid win for the Hokies. It was good to see our offense step up, see Glennon play well and see Ore produce. Also, 6 turnovers for our defense shows how well they have rebounded from last week, despite a tough first 5ish minutes of the game. All in all, it's good to be back in the W column.

As for the difficulty arguments that have been flying around, you have to be willing to argue for either Notre Dame or an SEC school before you have a sound argument. Us in the ACC and Big East have no room to say that we have it harder than the other. Think about it.

I can't believe it.

I actually saw decent fans at a football game.

Unbelievable.

The VT fans were actually able to have a noticeable "Let's Go Hokies" chant before the game.

I can honestly say I will still be a VT football fan until GT decides to fire Chan.

Once we get a new coach, I will be all over some GT football.

But until then, I am still a Hokie.

Basketball is a different story though, mainly because Paul Hewitt is the man!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sitting? never did any of that at the game...and this makes me so happy that glennon is playing like this. Keep it up Sean!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got me there. I meant to say standing! lol

I think Sean played better in a GT jersey last night then Reggie Ball did in four years there.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Got me there. I meant to say standing! lol

I think Sean played better in a GT jersey last night then Reggie Ball did in four years there.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i agree. i wonder if that was an inside job?

[ QUOTE ]

I can't believe it.

Unbelievable.

The VT fans were actually able to have a noticeable "Let's Go Hokies" chant before the game.

I can honestly say I will still be a VT football fan until GT decides to fire Chan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why give up on Georgia Tech, your chosen school, just because they are having a mediocre season? Yes, Chan Gailey's body of work is nowhere near impressive, with the exception of what Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice did for him last year. However, that's what being a sports fan is all about: sticking with your team through thick and thin. It would never, EVER cross my mind to stop cheering for Virginia, even if Groh rattled off twenty 0-12 seasons in a row. It's positively unthinkable! Sure, I would be begging for him to be fired, and I still don't think he has what it takes to take Virginia to the next level, but I wouldn't ever give up on my team.

Don't strain a hamstring hopping on and off bandwagons...

I agree with that statement uva observer.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I can't believe it.

Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why give up on Georgia Tech, your chosen school, just because they are having a mediocre season? Yes, Chan Gailey's body of work is nowhere near impressive, with the exception of what Calvin Johnson and Tashard Choice did for him last year. However, that's what being a sports fan is all about: sticking with your team through thick and thin. It would never, EVER cross my mind to stop cheering for Virginia, even if Groh rattled off twenty 0-12 seasons in a row. It's positively unthinkable! Sure, I would be begging for him to be fired, and I still don't think he has what it takes to take Virginia to the next level, but I wouldn't ever give up on my team.

Don't strain a hamstring hopping on and off bandwagons...

[/ QUOTE ]