WVU in title game?

Bogeavers

Guest JJBrickface

Ohio State isn't that good in my opinion. The Big 11 certainly isnt that great of a conference.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that even if LSU loses in the SEC Championship, they can still get in the NC game. Consider Okalhoma in the 03-04 season. They got blown out by Kansas State in the BIG XII championship game yet only dropped back to #2 and still played in the title game. So LSU might have the ratings in their favor.

and also, say LSU loses in the SEC championship to Georgia, WVU wins out, and Oklahoma wins BIG XII....WVU could play Georgia in the title game.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that even if LSU loses in the SEC Championship, they can still get in the NC game. Consider Okalhoma in the 03-04 season. They got blown out by Kansas State in the BIG XII championship game yet only dropped back to #2 and still played in the title game. So LSU might have the ratings in their favor.

and also, say LSU loses in the SEC championship to Georgia, WVU wins out, and Oklahoma wins BIG XII....WVU could play Georgia in the title game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but LSU already has a lose they were not the 03-04 OU team . . . but it wouldnt be Georgia it would be Ohio State if that plays out instead of Georgia . . .

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but LSU already has a lose they were not the 03-04 OU team . . . but it wouldnt be Georgia it would be Ohio State if that plays out instead of Georgia . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

no i think with OSU not playing, Georgia will jump them, like Florida did Michigan last year.

I thought that the BCS put a "tweak" in the system after Nebraska got to play Miami in '01 that you have to win your conference before you can play in the national championship game. Nebraska didn't even play in the Big 12 championship game that year and got blown out by Miami in the MNC.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no i think with OSU not playing, Georgia will jump them, like Florida did Michigan last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

the vols will be in the sec championship if they beat UK saturday so this is prob pointless plus they'd need to beat LSU . . . WVU and ASU to lose with OU winning the big 12 so wouldnt hold my breathe )but with the way this year has gone i wouldnt be surprised lol) . . .

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I see the Vols getting beat by Kentucky this week. LSU vs. Georgia in SEC championship. LSU wins, WVU wins out, Oklahoma wins big 12 and LSU vs. WVU in national championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]

With LSU healthy, as well as rested from their grueling schedule, not to mention one of the greatest coaches at the helm with weeks to prepare, its gonna get ugly. Especially if WVU cant stop the pass and turns the ball over numerous times like they have of late...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I see the Vols getting beat by Kentucky this week. LSU vs. Georgia in SEC championship. LSU wins, WVU wins out, Oklahoma wins big 12 and LSU vs. WVU in national championship game.

[/ QUOTE ]

With LSU healthy, as well as rested from their grueling schedule, not to mention one of the greatest coaches at the helm with weeks to prepare, its gonna get ugly. Especially if WVU cant stop the pass and turns the ball over numerous times like they have of late...

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to see a little bit of the LSU Ole Miss game last week. Their defense did not look very good against the read option. Obviously WVU runs it better than Ole Miss. I think it would be a good matchup however things still have to work out for it to even happen.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to see a little bit of the LSU Ole Miss game last week. Their defense did not look very good against the read option. Obviously WVU runs it better than Ole Miss. I think it would be a good matchup however things still have to work out for it to even happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt matter. WVu turns the ball over then they are done. And WVU has yet to play a good team and win, so to me they are not a team that i can say will stay with LSU who has been battle tested numerous times...

WVU has yet to prove themselves worthy of shot, regardless of what the polls say...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt matter. WVu turns the ball over then they are done. And WVU has yet to play a good team and win, so to me they are not a team that i can say will stay with LSU who has been battle tested numerous times...

WVU has yet to prove themselves worthy of shot, regardless of what the polls say...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like in 2006 when WVU didn't stand a chance against battle tested Georgia? As crazy as this season has been how can you not see WVU hanging with LSU?

[ QUOTE ]

Just like in 2006 when WVU didn't stand a chance against battle tested Georgia? As crazy as this season has been how can you not see WVU hanging with LSU?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just see nothing that proves that WVU could hang with LSU. They lost to an average South Florida team and then beat teams ranked in the Top 50-75, with the exception of Cincinnati. There are a lot of Top 15 or 20 teams that could run the table in the Big East.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Plus, you think LSU is gonna take them lightly? I think not. They have been banged up all year, so the rest will do them good. They will be ready to play.

Lets just say for example the NC game is tied going into the fourth quarter, and you JJ, are estatic! WVU is playing the game of their lives, and LSU is doing all they can to stay alive. In this scenario, LSU will win by 20 or more. WVU turns the ball over in their own terroritory to even keep it close. they can not match the intensity the SEC puts up. Just ask Ohio State.

I just see nothing that proves that WVU could hang with LSU. They lost to an average South Florida team and then beat teams ranked in the Top 50-75, with the exception of Cincinnati. There are a lot of Top 15 or 20 teams that could run the table in the Big East.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. Plus, you think LSU is gonna take them lightly? I think not. They have been banged up all year, so the rest will do them good. They will be ready to play.

Lets just say for example the NC game is tied going into the fourth quarter, and you JJ, are estatic! WVU is playing the game of their lives, and LSU is doing all they can to stay alive. In this scenario, LSU will win by 20 or more. WVU turns the ball over in their own terroritory to even keep it close. they can not match the intensity the SEC puts up. Just ask Ohio State.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If WVU does indeed play in the National Champ and they dont "match the intensity" of the opposing team then they have no business being there. I think you are dead wrong on that.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If WVU does indeed play in the National Champ and they dont "match the intensity" of the opposing team then they have no business being there. I think you are dead wrong on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i say intensity i mean how hard they hit, how hard they run, things like that.

everyone knows slaton isnt taking on tacklers and hitting the hole as hard as before. WVUs defense lacks in intensity.

intensity can be described as having power and strength, both things i think WVU lacks and LSU excels in. LSU's defense and Jacob Hester for example bring a lot of intensity...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yea i agree but also as crazy has this season has been how can you guys not see wvu losing against uconn or pitt...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When i say intensity i mean how hard they hit, how hard they run, things like that.

everyone knows slaton isnt taking on tacklers and hitting the hole as hard as before. WVUs defense lacks in intensity.

intensity can be described as having power and strength, both things i think WVU lacks and LSU excels in. LSU's defense and Jacob Hester for example bring a lot of intensity...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please provide examples of how the team is not physical? I can think of a few of the previous games where the receivers from the opposing teams were dropping passes because of the hard hits by the secondary.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i think it starts to be physical with the offensive line and WVU is 61st in tackles for loss allowed...

also they only average 6 tackles for loss themselves, tied with the likes of troy and florida international...

there arent really any stats that determine a team physical, but i can tell from watching WVU that they arent a physical team...

You and I aren't watching the same Defense. WVU is very physical this year. You have to realize we usually only rush 3 people...all linemen. Occasionally we send a linebacker or spur or bandit. If you have watched the defense all year.....they have been very physical.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

You and I aren't watching the same Defense. WVU is very physical this year. You have to realize we usually only rush 3 people...all linemen. Occasionally we send a linebacker or spur or bandit. If you have watched the defense all year.....they have been very physical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I see as well. Also this defense has gotten to the quarterback more this year then they have in the past. At the end of the day they are 9-1 and ranked #3 in the country. Win the next two games and they will be in a very good bowl and it just may be the National Champ

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They may rush three, but they have problems covering the pass. and yeah their d line is amazing, i mean they play the best teams ever in the big east and that non conference schedule is a killer... and trust me, you dont rush three everytime. If a team can constantly rush 3 and get pressure, no team could ever be able to put points on the board against them...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They may rush three, but they have problems covering the pass. and yeah their d line is amazing, i mean they play the best teams ever in the big east and that non conference schedule is a killer... and trust me, you dont rush three everytime. If a team can constantly rush 3 and get pressure, no team could ever be able to put points on the board against them...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they really have trouble? I think they are doing pretty good.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they really have trouble? I think they are doing pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pass defense: 18th

Rush defense: 13th

Total defense: 4th

Yes, they're doing very well for themselves.