who will win...

ghs84

Division 3 State Title  

1. 1. Division 3 State Title

Guest BEAVERTAIL

ive seen both teams play, and having no real ties to either program, i say Richlands by 21 or more.

I saw marion play last week and i was not impressed, but #4 did catch my eye. he was pretty good.

i agree, having played against both teams i'd say richlands by a few td's, i did see the film from the last game and marion almost won and would have if that long run by 49 hadn't been called back.. but i think richlands has improved since that game.

I think it will depend on which first half team shows up for Richlands. If they are hittin on all cyclinders out of the gate they will be fine.But, if they come out sloppy like they are known to do at times, could be asking for trouble.

Marion is not there based on luck. They can play too !!

I think the Blues will do just fine. At the first of the season, they were trying to find their identity at certain positions and to fill vacated positions from the year before. They have succeeded at that and Richlands is a well balanced team with their running and passing game. Each week I have seen an overall improvement in all areas of their game. The Blues have been here before, in the playoffs, and know what to expect and what they must do to win.

GO BLUES!!

you guys say Richlands has gotten better as the season goes on...and by a non-biased opinion going by what most say on this board...apparently so has Marion..by leaps and bounds...Richlands is still the same old Richlands...stop Fuller=win the game..Marion has a three headed running machine with two good fullbacks and a fast running back(going by what a Graham player said there) and they could easily pound the ball and run and take up time as long as they dont turn the ball over and score on every drive and stop Richlands once or twice they can win this game...i know its easier said then done...but still...with the talent of Marion's backfield...they will depend on their D to stop Austin Fuller and that Richlands offense...my money's on Marion in a close thriller...maybe even overtime

[ QUOTE ]

stop Fuller=win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats where I think you are wrong. Stopping Austin is a big part of beating Richlands. However, when we say that Richlands has improved over the season...that means the entire team, not only Austin. We have a running game now, that helps alot. Not only does it take some of the pressure off of Austin, but it also opens things up for Austin to make some big plays at reciever. Austin is obviously the best player on the team, however he is not the only player. This is not a one man show. If all Marion does is focus on Austin, then I think they will be in big trouble. Fajardo is running really well right now, and we also have Davis at reciever that makes alot of big catches. Elswick makes good decisions and I really liked all the optiion runs in the Patrick Co. game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

stop Fuller=win the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats where I think you are wrong. Stopping Austin is a big part of beating Richlands. However, when we say that Richlands has improved over the season...that means the entire team, not only Austin. We have a running game now, that helps alot. Not only does it take some of the pressure off of Austin, but it also opens things up for Austin to make some big plays at reciever. Austin is obviously the best player on the team, however he is not the only player. This is not a one man show. If all Marion does is focus on Austin, then I think they will be in big trouble. Fajardo is running really well right now, and we also have Davis at reciever that makes alot of big catches. Elswick makes good decisions and I really liked all the optiion runs in the Patrick Co. game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that is there game plan (stop Austin). There were at least six players that scored in the Patrick game. When they click you just done know where it is coming from.

Keep on clicking BLUES.

I hope that is Marion's game plan. Richlands is no one man show. Actually, I think all the "Austin" attention helps the team. Keep watching the right. And the left will put you down. If we play up to our capability, we win by 2-3 TD's. If Marion starts imposing thier will on the ground it will get tricky. We are peaking at the right time. This postseason get get very interesting.