scores

swvasport_7

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Per VaPreps:

Clintwood 24

JI Burton 20

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that right? I thought Burton was going to cruise to the state title after such a dominating set of preseason scrimmages?

[/ QUOTE ]

JIB has had a TON of injuries to key players. They aren't the same team now that they were in August/September. Clintwood, on the other hand, is peaking at the right time. I think I called this "upset" in another post...

Just one opinion about JIB...they have had some injuries, but they are not the team they were last year, and neither are the teams they are playing. Burton has rarely been physical enough to play the smashmouth type football it requires against the better teams. GC with the exception of last year has manhandled them. The skill positions they have are really good, and they throw a lot of speed at you, but the teams down here have played against the jet now and know how to hold it down, it's just a matter of having enough talent yourself to do it. Against GC this year they broke one long run, and that was about it GC just ran it right at them and they couldn't stop it.

Also they may be one of the cockiest bunches i've ever seen play so they really get the other teams motivated. Clintwood stood toe-to-toe with them yesterday and it got a break or two when needed.

With that said JIB does a whole lot for the size of the school, and Jimbo is a good coach and a good motivator. I think they really missed their chance last year because they were really good, and some other teams were really down.