Who should be in the National Championship game?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

2006 Gator Bowl Champion  

1. 1. 2006 Gator Bowl Champion

• Big East Representative Louisville
    • Atlantic Coast Conference Representative Virginia Tech

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Here are 2 BCS teams from BCS conferences with one loss apiece...

..............................Team A.............Team B

Avg SOS of teams beaten ......35.9................42.6

Scoring Offense...............#2....................#8

Total offense.................#5....................#24

Scoring Defense...............#4....................#8

Pass Effiency def.............#12...................#29

Rushing Defense...............#7....................#13

Pass Offense..................#14...................#112

Penalties.....................#3....................#14

Rush Offense..................#28...................#2

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL

i figured some people would pick team b, who is lower in almost every category...of course that was WVU.

And team A, with remakedly better stats than WVU, KANSAS.

If BCS did not factor in when someone lost, (which would require the loss of human aspect, aka, the polls) who would be in the national championship game???

This is just one more argument for a 16-team playoff, as opposed to the 2-team playoff we already have.

In any case, since Missouri's equivalent of the VHSL pays me to write their academic competition questions, all I'm going to say is M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Hey BeaverTail....

Its karaoke time my friend....are you ready?

I'll go first

You were my sun

You were my earth

But you didn't know all the ways I loved you, no

So you took a chance

And made other plans

But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no

You don't have to say, what you did,

I already know, I found out from him

Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be

And don't it make you sad about it

You told me you loved me

Why did you leave me, all alone

Now you tell me you need me

When you call me, on the phone

Girl I refuse, you must have me confused

With some other guy

Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn

To cry, cry me a river

Cry me a river-er

Cry me a river

Cry me a river-er, yea yea

I know that they say

That somethings are better left unsaid

It wasn't like you only talked to him and you know it

(Don't act like you don't know it)

All of these things people told me

Keep messing with my head

(Messing with my head)

You should've picked honesty

Then you may not have blown it

(Yea..)

(Don't have to say, what you did)

(I already know, uh)

(No chance, you and me)

You told me you loved me

Why did you leave me, all alone

(All alone)

Now you tell me you need me

When you call me, on the phone

(When you call me on the phone)

Girl I refuse, you must have me confused

With some other guy

(I'm not like them baby)

Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn

(It's your turn)

To cry, cry me a river

(Go on and just)

Cry me a river-er

(Go on and just)

Cry me a river

(Baby go on and just)

Oh

(Oh)

The damage is done

So I guess I be leaving

Oh

(Oh)

The damage is done

So I guess I be leaving

Oh

(Oh)

The damage is done

So I guess I be leaving

Oh

(Oh)

The damage is done

So I guess I be... leaving

(Don't have to say, what you did)

(I already know, uh)

(No chance, you and me)

Cry me a river

(Go on and just)

Cry me a river-er

(Baby go on and just)

Cry me a river

(You can go on and just)

Cry me a river

(Baby go on and just)

Cry me a river-er

(Go on and just)

Cry me a river

(Cause I've already cried)

(Ain't gonna cry no more, yea-yea)

Cry me a river

Cry me a river, oh

Cry me a river, oh

Cry me a river, oh

Cry me a river, oh

(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river, oh

(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river, oh

(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river, oh

(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river, oh

(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river, oh

(Cry me, cry me)

Cry me a river

(Cry me, cry me)

You can never go wrong with a little Justin Timberlake

Guest BEAVERTAIL

im justy saying the BCS is flawed, and should no take into account when a team lost...

The BCS makes college football great, but it is flawed...

It takes a Kansas team that loses to a top 5 team, and places a team that lost 3 in a row to mediocre opponents in front of them because of the time of the losses...

OH MY! Sounds perfect for all those nay sayers when it comes to WVU playing for a chance at the NC. Things may have worked out to our advantage....but our loss was earlier in the season and we have played better as a team since then. It happens this way every year, and we happened to be in the position to win it!

Timberlake??????????????????? okee dokee

Guest BEAVERTAIL

rocks im not sure what your chart is about, cause i belive there is only 119 teams in NCAA D1, so how can hawaii be 130?

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

im justy saying the BCS is flawed, and should no take into account when a team lost...

The BCS makes college football great, but it is flawed...

It takes a Kansas team that loses to a top 5 team, and places a team that lost 3 in a row to mediocre opponents in front of them because of the time of the losses...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should it not take into account when a team loses? Its not how you start its how you finish. For example, let take the NFL for example. Lets say TEAM A starts the season 7-0 but loses out and finished up at 7-9, while TEAM B starts the season 0-7 and finishes 9-7 and makes the playoffs. Obviously Team B got better as the season went on while TEAM A didn't do what it had to do. If the season ended today then WVU and Missouri should be in the BCS game.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Things may have worked out to our advantage....but our loss was earlier in the season and we have played better as a team since then. It happens this way every year, and we happened to be in the position to win it!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. Glad to know you have no clue what you are talking about... the only teams to have 1 loss and get in the BCS National Championship are Florida last year and Nebraska in the 2002 Rose Bowl.

Florida lost in the 7th game of the season, WVU lost in the fourth...

And Lets not forget that Nebraska lost the last game of their regular season and made it into the National Championship...

But im glad you know how it works every year cause i sure didnt... blush.gif

OK in defense of my statement, things do happen this way every year. Referring to the top teams lose and those who are there at 3-10 fighting and clawing their way up to grab those top two spots. So, it happens a lot throughout every year. That is what the rankings are all about. You fight to stay on top. Our loss was earlier and our late season play has earned us the number 2 bcs / ap and number 1 in coaches poll.

IMO, we shouldn't have any rankings until week 5. this will give us better guage at what each team has instead of basing it on what they did last year and what we think they will do this year. WVU took advantage of other teams losses and are ready to beat pitt and then take on another team for THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

[ QUOTE ]

WVU took advantage of other teams losses and are ready to beat pitt and then take on another team for THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. WVU took advantage of their schedule and conference and hope to be "battle tested" for THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

GUESS WHAT.........WE WIN AND AND WE ARE IN....IF VT WOULDN'T HAVE fell down at home when they led the whole game and lil buddy foster wouldn't have gotten scared and quit playing defense......they might would be in our shoes....but then again they aren't. All they had to do was take advantage of their weak schedule and beat the teams they should have and they would have only lost 1 game badly....then maybe they have a shot.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

GUESS WHAT.........WE WIN AND AND WE ARE IN....IF VT WOULDN'T HAVE fell down at home when they led the whole game and lil buddy foster wouldn't have gotten scared and quit playing defense......they might would be in our shoes....but then again they aren't. All they had to do was take advantage of their weak schedule and beat the teams they should have and they would have only lost 1 game badly....then maybe they have a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

its amazing that no matter what anyone says WVU fans quickly turn it into a VT matter...

anyways... Bud foster has win many games for VT, so if you want to blame one loss on him go ahead... Ill take him over any defensive coordinator any day...

BTW, does WVU even have a defensive coordinator?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VIRGINIA TECH!!!

WVU plays a WEAK SCHEDULE whether you want to admit it or not. 4 ACC TEAMS COULD DO EXACTLY WHAT WVU DID just as good or even better than WVU did in the Big East. I am not saying that these teams are better than West Virginia, I REPEAT, I am not saying these teams are better than WVU but Virginia Tech, Boston College, Virginia, Clemson, and possibly Florida State could do exactly what WVU did in the Big East this year. It is not too far of a stretch that 3 of those 5 teams could run the table and go undefeated in the Big East.

It is not the Virginia Tech fans who are bitter, but it is the WVU fans who are bitter because they are not in the ACC. Whether you like it or not and no matter what the records say, the ACC is still a prestigous conference in EVERY sport. Even in football, as bad as the records are for Florida State and Miami, they are still prestigous programs who have rich tradition. You don't really see that in the Big LEast with Rutgirls and Loserville, do you??

Whether you like it or not, the Big East will ALWAYS play second fiddle to the ACC no matter what happens.

Probably the reasoning for that is that you defend anything said about VT.....usually means a fan or bandwagoner of some sort. Anyway, WVU's schedule isn't the greatest, but then again neither is Hokieville! I'm confident that WVU would be able to do what they have done in the Big East in the ACC. Folks the ACC is known for Basketball......football in the ACC was good at one time, but has fallen way below expecatations the last few years. I cannot say that anyone in the ACC is better or would succeed more in the Big East. It doesn't really matter anyway, because 3 teams ran to the ACC, noone in the ACC is currently looking to change conferences...... Everyone can bash WVU's schedule and cry about how they don't deserve to be there, but you wouldn't have this much to say if it wasn't WVU simply because you can stand it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

OK in defense of my statement, things do happen this way every year. Referring to the top teams lose and those who are there at 3-10 fighting and clawing their way up to grab those top two spots. So, it happens a lot throughout every year. That is what the rankings are all about. You fight to stay on top. Our loss was earlier and our late season play has earned us the number 2 bcs / ap and number 1 in coaches poll.

IMO, we shouldn't have any rankings until week 5. this will give us better guage at what each team has instead of basing it on what they did last year and what we think they will do this year. WVU took advantage of other teams losses and are ready to beat pitt and then take on another team for THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill take this as you saying you were wrong about the past... good enough for me smile.gif

If there were Rutgirls fans on this board I would say the same thing. If there were any Buckeye fans on this board I would not hesitate to tell them that they are overrated.

The only reason you mention VT in any of your posts is because you somehow believe that it is a conspiracy that Virginia Tech is always looking to steal some of WVU's thunder or power.

This is like the little brother who finally beat up the big brother.

If you look at the 5 or so threads that were only about WVU and the Big East or whatever, it is the WVU fans who throw Virginia Tech in the mix. And, if defending your team is considered "bandwagoning" then you, my friend, are the biggest banwagon fan WVU has. You cry about every little thing that doesn't mention "WVU","national title","best in the nation", and any other word that satisfies your fantasy with West Virginia.

lol TECH would be the little brother my friend......but anyway. Been WVU since I was able to understand what football was. I can careless about NFL and other crap. Just Mountaineer football. You have to give credit when credit is due. WVU did the work, got where they needed to be and have to finish it off Saturday. Hey I give props to VT when they do well, but of course I don't cheer for them. As you don't for WVU. We will agree to disagree because hokieville and touchdown city will never agree on the conferences, their strength or anything football!

[ QUOTE ]

lol TECH would be the little brother my friend......but anyway. Been WVU since I was able to understand what football was. I can careless about NFL and other crap. Just Mountaineer football. You have to give credit when credit is due. WVU did the work, got where they needed to be and have to finish it off Saturday. Hey I give props to VT when they do well, but of course I don't cheer for them. As you don't for WVU. We will agree to disagree because hokieville and touchdown city will never agree on the conferences, their strength or anything football!

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give props to Pat White and Steve Slaton, they are very good. My only complaint is that I wish they would play a tougher schedule and truly showcase their talent. The 65 yard touchdown runs mean nothing to me against Eastern Washington. If they would play a quality team and prove me wrong then I would be very quick to give them credit. Morgantown and Blacksburg are as different as heaven and hell.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will give props to Pat White and Steve Slaton, they are very good. My only complaint is that I wish they would play a tougher schedule and truly showcase their talent. The 65 yard touchdown runs mean nothing to me against Eastern Washington. If they would play a quality team and prove me wrong then I would be very quick to give them credit. Morgantown and Blacksburg are as different as heaven and hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU didn't play Eastern Wasington this year.