No competition

goldenwave_05

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Southern West virginia basketball is horiable compared to Swva bball

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd put Bluefield, Beckley,Wyoming East, Westside, Logan, etc. up against anyone that Southwestern Virginia has to offer. And I'd put Beckley up against anyone that the state of Virginia has to offer, including the big schools of NOVA and the Tidewater year in and year out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I have to thank you. I haven't laughed that hard in months...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you laugh? Its the truth. Virginia is not a basketball state...period. And Southwest Virginia has the WORST basketball in this non-basketball state.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Southern West virginia basketball is horiable compared to Swva bball

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd put Bluefield, Beckley,Wyoming East, Westside, Logan, etc. up against anyone that Southwestern Virginia has to offer. And I'd put Beckley up against anyone that the state of Virginia has to offer, including the big schools of NOVA and the Tidewater year in and year out...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I have to thank you. I haven't laughed that hard in months...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you laugh? Its the truth. Virginia is not a basketball state...period. And Southwest Virginia has the WORST basketball in this non-basketball state.

[/ QUOTE ]

was this guy laughing about the WV teams listed or the statement that SWVA has better basketball?

I was laughing at the statement that Woodrow Wilson would hold its own against the NOVA and tidewater teams. Those schools have three times the enrollment or more, thus three times the athletes in the talent pool. Even though most of them devote their time to football, there are some ballers in there.

I know good and well Virginia's not a great basketball state; that's a good reason why all but one player on the Cavaliers comes from outside the state. However, it's much better than what there is in SWVA.

[ QUOTE ]

I was laughing at the statement that Woodrow Wilson would hold its own against the NOVA and tidewater teams. Those schools have three times the enrollment or more, thus three times the athletes in the talent pool. Even though most of them devote their time to football, there are some ballers in there.

I know good and well Virginia's not a great basketball state; that's a good reason why all but one player on the Cavaliers comes from outside the state. However, it's much better than what there is in SWVA.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Woodrow Wilson could hang with any team in VA...

[ QUOTE ]

okay you can have all those teams..Oak Hill academy or how ever you spell it is in South West Virginia..

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't count in this discussion about PUBLIC SCHOOLS...

yeah they really are like a college prep school much like the bigger name private schools in the nation. they dont just get the best players from around their area, but from around the country. For example, Brandon Jennings, OHA's their best player this year, is from Los Angeles.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Woodrow Wilson could hang with any team in VA...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to see it to believe it. End of that story.

In regards to other posts, it lacks substance to say that there is little link between a school's enrollment and talent of a varsity level high school team. If there were little correlation between enrollment and talent level, there would be a little variation between which team wins the games. It's the same principle behind a classification system: so like-enrollment school play like-enrollment schools. An underlying reason: to level the playing field. Why would that be? Could that be because there is a correlation between numbers and talent? I think so!

Just my opinions. I'll agree to disagree, if it comes to that.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Can we add Oak Hill in this conversation hahahahaha J/k . Now to go back to my original post. I didnt say swva was great. I said the teams in swva who are "year in and year out good" are great teams and could hold there own against Southern west virginia. Every year Swva traditionaly has a team make it to the finals or semi finals against these so called "great tidwater and northen virginia teams" and hold their own. The Twin valley team that went to the finals a couple years back could have played or beatin anyteam in southern west virginia, heck they beat oak hills "B" team which says something when usually a couple of those kids make the "A" team every year. And not only beat oak hill but handed their arse to them something to the tune 90-43

if they were to classify schools based on talent and ability, Princeton High would be nowhere close to AAA and it would be Bluefield, Parkersburg, Wheeling Central, St. Albans, James Monroe all in one class. They classify due to school's size because thats just the way it is. There are some topped ranked schools in the country that are of the smaller "A" classes, so clearly they dont have the lack of talent that bigger "A" class schools would provide.

you know what basically what u are saying just like your other little wv buddys is that the schools with 4598453895739578957894578375 people in it can beat school such as us with 437 and richlands and stuff so man who cares u need to pick a different topic cause to be honest with ya playboy not one of us cares who the beavers can beat so get over urself i bet u dont even play u are probabally some high school graduate that lives in his glory days man just go to the y or whatever and stay there cause we are all tired of hearing how much better wv teams are WE DONT CARE

and u know what this whole post started out as i bet GRUNDY goes undefeated which means we will beat the teams that are on our schedule so basically why did u even bother opening your mouth we dont play yall anyways so come on dude get over urself

[ QUOTE ]

you know what basically what u are saying just like your other little wv buddys is that the schools with 4598453895739578957894578375 people in it can beat school such as us with 437 and richlands and stuff so man who cares u need to pick a different topic cause to be honest with ya playboy not one of cares who the beavers can beat so get over urself i bet u dont even play u are probabally some high school graduate that lives in his glory days man just go to the y or whatever and stay there cause we are all tired of hearing how much better wv teams are WE DONT CARE

[/ QUOTE ]

Man all that is one long sentence......... but from what I have seen, except for the occasional genetic abnormalities (O.J. Mayo, Dell Curry, Alonzo Morning, Allen Iverson, David Robinson, among few others) neither the whole states of West Virginia or Virginia are much of a basketball paradise, much less this region and especially high school. An evening of local high school hoops watching is more painful than a lobotomy.

Yeah you sure got it there cause i mean it aint like any of these players are from virginia (Bryant Stith,Ralph Sampson,Jeff Lamp,Buzzy Wilkinson,Wally Walker,Curtis Staples,John Crotty,Barry Parkhill) i mean come on i could go on all day so i mean honestly know what u are talking about.