No competition

goldenwave_05

[ QUOTE ]

I go to watch the good officiating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah yes, the second thing that makes watching basketball in SWVA such a grand event...the stellar officiating...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah you sure got it there cause i mean it aint like any of these players are from virginia (Bryant Stith,Ralph Sampson,Jeff Lamp,Buzzy Wilkinson,Wally Walker,Curtis Staples,John Crotty,Barry Parkhill) i mean come on i could go on all day so i mean honestly know what u are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't comprehend anything you are typing. Periods and commas work just fine, believe me.

From what I can get from your post is that you are boasting that Virginia does not have a legacy but then you are naming off prominent people that the state has seen.

I can do the same with West Virginia. It is a weak basketball state too but I wouldn't forget that O.J. Mayo, Patrick Patterson, and even Bill Walker are all playing college basketball at premier programs and they have a great chances of making a career in the NBA. Lets not forget about the likes of Jason Williams, and not to mention Jerry West, are both from West Virginia also.

I see that both states do not have what you would consider "top tier" basketball programs or you would see it reflect on the college level. Virginia Tech, UVA, West Virginia, and even Marshall are all basketball programs in the states and if you look at all of their rosters there is a minimum of students from their own state.

This discussion is pointless, and I am done with it.

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah you sure got it there cause i mean it aint like any of these players are from virginia (Bryant Stith,Ralph Sampson,Jeff Lamp,Buzzy Wilkinson,Wally Walker,Curtis Staples,John Crotty,Barry Parkhill) i mean come on i could go on all day so i mean honestly know what u are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff Lamp is from Louisville, KY.

Buzzy Wilkinson is from Wyoming Co., WV. (he doesn't like people to know this)

Wally Walker is from Millersville, PA.

John Crotty is from Lincroft, NJ.

Barry Parkhill is from State College, PA.

Bryant Stith (Emporia), Ralph Sampson (Harrisonburg), and Curtis Staples (Roanoke) are the only ones on your list from the State of Virginia.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

he forgot j.j. but yeah, not exactly a basketball state.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is not worthy... he averages 3.3 points a game.

and oh yeah...

22fd.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

you know what basically what u are saying just like your other little wv buddys is that the schools with 4598453895739578957894578375 people in it can beat school such as us with 437 and richlands and stuff so man who cares u need to pick a different topic cause to be honest with ya playboy not one of us cares who the beavers can beat so get over urself i bet u dont even play u are probabally some high school graduate that lives in his glory days man just go to the y or whatever and stay there cause we are all tired of hearing how much better wv teams are WE DONT CARE

[/ QUOTE ]

no im saying that the smaller schools can compete with bigger schools. get it right 'playboy'

im just making some responses to an idiot who said SWVA basketball is better than this area of WV in basketball.

[ QUOTE ]

oh yeah isn't this the SWVAsports board...not the WV boards?? or am I in the wrong here

[/ QUOTE ]

SWVA...

SouthWest VirginiA AND Southern West VirginiA

[ QUOTE ]

you know what basically what u are saying just like your other little wv buddys is that the schools with 4598453895739578957894578375 people in it can beat school such as us with 437 and richlands and stuff so man who cares u need to pick a different topic cause to be honest with ya playboy not one of us cares who the beavers can beat so get over urself i bet u dont even play u are probabally some high school graduate that lives in his glory days man just go to the y or whatever and stay there cause we are all tired of hearing how much better wv teams are WE DONT CARE

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they not teach puctuation at your high school? By the way, he does play and I am the old graduate that never played sports but I am still gonna talk about my team. Why wouldn't I?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they not teach puctuation at your high school? By the way, he does play and I am the old graduate that never played sports but I am still gonna talk about my team. Why wouldn't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bogeavers, easy on this kid... he is going through puberty!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bogeavers, easy on this kid... he is going through puberty!

[/ QUOTE ]

No he isn't, he's just a student in the Buchanan Co. school system...

well maybe if someone didnt make the prediction that Grundy would beat everyone this year, it wouldnt be like this. Saying youre the best in your part of VA is just like winning the NFC west...or the NFC even..who really cares?

[ QUOTE ]

well maybe if someone didnt make the prediction that Grundy would beat everyone this year, it wouldnt be like this. Saying youre the best in your part of VA is just like winning the NFC west...or the NFC even..who really cares?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, its more akin to winning the Sun Belt Conference in college football...

[ QUOTE ]

well Gman you just need to make a board just for the bluefield fans so they can converse about how good their team is so this lil confrontation won't happen again? laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a better idea...why don't the SWD teams quit talking about how good they are because, in reality, they aren't...truth hurts...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well Gman you just need to make a board just for the bluefield fans so they can converse about how good their team is so this lil confrontation won't happen again? laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a better idea...why don't the SWD teams quit talking about how good they are because, in reality, they aren't...truth hurts...

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you.

I know nothing about basketball. But I do know that Virginia and West Virginia are not known for their basketball at any level. I am posting in response to a couple of things. First of all, if you think that a "A" school can compete with a "AAA" school you are crazy. There is a rare case where a "A" or "AA" becomes a powerhouse for a year or a string of years, where they have no competition in there District, Region, and even at the state level. So they scheduel a "AAA" school. This was the case with Grundy wrestling, and maybe even Richlands football when they had their studs. You were right council has a very limited number of kids and athelets, but so does Hurley, Twin Valley, Haysi. Richlands, Graham, Tazewell, Carroll County, if you look at the numbers, yes Grundy may be bigger than Council, Hurley and some of the other teams they play, but then Grundy is much smaller than some of the other teams they play also. Grundy is the smallest "AA" school in the state. They will be "A" next year or in two years at the most. I am not saying Grundy has any excuses or does any other school. I am just saying in this area with the way schools are you have to play with what you have got, whether it be 100 kids in the school or 400 kids in the school or if you play a team with 1000 kids in the school. Now something else I wanted to reply to, is why do you feel the need to continuosly post bad things about Grundy, and the South West District? No they are not as Big or Good as the beach schools or northern Virginia schools, they are not even as Big or Good as the Southern West Virginia schools like Bluefield. But I am sure just as easily as Grundy thinks, and in from everything I have seen, heard and read, are good this year. And is proud that they won their first game. Bigger school, smaller school, they won, and they are happy and proud. Just as easliy as you are saying Bluefied is GREAT and I am sure they play someone that you know is smaller and no where near the competition level and they will still win and still be proud. I am by no means saying nothing bad about the WV or Bluefield or to you or anyone else, I am saying there is no need to say bad things about Grundy and the SWD. Because I am sure there is someone that is better than your school that you all do not play that thinks you are crazy and knows they could talk bad about you and your school and they would kill yal, but yal don't play, so there is no need to talk bad to you or about you and your school. Why not be proud that Council won a state championship, Twin Valley was a statefinalist, Be proud your team may be one of the best in the are, Be proud Richlands is building a GREAT football team, be proud Grundy is back to being one of the best wrestling teams in the state. There are idiots who post stupid things on these message boards about wrestling, football, and basketball. But don't take out on one idiot with a Gold helmet, or a wave in their name and talk bad about the whole SWD and Grundy. I will agree though WV and VA are not basketball states. They are not football states either. ( I know, Bluefield, and Richlands) Virginia is a wrestling state. Grundy (15 state team titles, 2-4x State Champions, Ranked nationaly several years, Ranked #2 in the state currently) Christiansburg (6 state team titles, 2-4x State Champions, Ranked nationally the past 5 years, currently ranked nationally, and ranked #1 in the state) Great Bridge (18 state team titles, multiple 4x state champions, nationaly ranked several years in a row, Currently ranked in the top 5 in the state) Colonial Forge ( 2007 state champions, nationaly ranked currently, ranked #1 in the state)

Now I know someone will probably say this is basketball or start naming off good schools with state titles and stand out athelets, but I was just proving Virginia is a wrestling state not a basketball state, and if anyone wants to go head to head with football stats, or basketball stats, I will go head to head with wrestling stats, between Grundy, Christiansburg, Great Bridge, Colonial Forge, and even Poqouson if you want to throw them in there is not a group of schools in Virginia with more state team titles, or a streak of state team titles, or more state individual champions in any sport, more nationally ranked individuals from one school or group of schools, more nationally ranked teams. Virginia is a wrestling state.

im sorry, but i completely disagree that a smaller school couldnt compete with a bigger one. "A" classes simply dont matter, im sorry. Any school that is good in a smaller class could compete with those of a bigger class.

Bluefield could beat any team in AAA this year in football. Im sure Richlands could compete with most AAA teams in VA in football also. All you need to be is a good team. It doenst matter how many people you have in your school, doesnt matter how many people you have to choose from, its just how good your players are. My friend that moved here from Florida went to a 6A school with over 3,500 students and he assured me that Bluefield, Richlands and even Graham would most likely beat them in football along with many other 6A, 5A, and 4A schools. You can have as many students as you want and have as big of a school as you need, but that doesnt mean you will be good at a sport.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

im sorry, but i completely disagree that a smaller school couldnt compete with a bigger one. "A" classes simply dont matter, im sorry. Any school that is good in a smaller class could compete with those of a bigger class.

Bluefield could beat any team in AAA this year in football. Im sure Richlands could compete with most AAA teams in VA in football also. All you need to be is a good team. It doenst matter how many people you have in your school, doesnt matter how many people you have to choose from, its just how good your players are. My friend that moved here from Florida went to a 6A school with over 3,500 students and he assured me that Bluefield, Richlands and even Graham would most likely beat them in football along with many other 6A, 5A, and 4A schools. You can have as many students as you want and have as big of a school as you need, but that doesnt mean you will be good at a sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect example: Wheeling Central.